Rapture Doctrine invented by John Darby in 1830 AD

Jewish assemblies and synagogues were in Asia minor and Greece by 130 BC. Who said they were Christians?

some idiot wandering around here pretending he knows what the fuck he's talking about......he claimed that Paul didn't start churches and that they had been there since 130 bc.....

I have always kind of wanted to see the snake handlers and people talking in tongues.

I have been (infrequently) to some Catholic masses, and I always kind of liked them.

And I really love some of the old Catholic cathedrals. Those things are incredible.

My dad has always been intrigued by the East, because of my Greek Orthodox grandfather. As such, he took us to a Byzantine church a few times for Divine Liturgy.

Minus all of the stuff about Jesus preaching of Kingdom of Heaven, you mean.

Nope. Jesus returns to earth, raises all the dead, judges them, and the one left standing spend all eternity on earth under his thumb while only the 144K get to ever see the inside of heaven.

Nope. Jesus returns to earth, raises all the dead, judges them, and the one left standing spend all eternity on earth under his thumb while only the 144K get to ever see the inside of heaven.

So, 144k get into heaven, then. It does exist. Either that, or 144k is simply a large multiple of the number twelve.

My dad has always been intrigued by the East, because of my Greek Orthodox grandfather. As such, he took us to a Byzantine church a few times for Divine Liturgy.

Very nice.
I am a geek for old churches, I suppose that is why I like the old catholic and Eastern orthodox cathedrals. I would love to tour the great Catholic and Orthodox Churches of the world
The thing that really appeals to me about the Eastern Orthodox (and to some extent, I get this also from Catholic service) is how ancient it feels. The vestments, the religious artwork, everything just feels ancient. There is a temporal continuity and feeling of depth I get there, that I have never gotten in a mainline Protestant service.

I really like the vestments, architecture, the ceremonial intangibles. These are some Bishops and priests at a service recently attended in Quebec, and also pic of a visit to a Russian Orthodox cathedral in the far East. I love this kind of crap!
H12Kpa0.jpg

So, 144k get into heaven, then. It does exist. Either that, or 144k is simply a large multiple of the number twelve.

Just discussing it in the context of the Bible. The JW's are about the only ones who get that part of scripture correct in relation to what is written. The Jews at least acknowledge the 144K "but you won't be one of them" so they are more biblical than most modern Christians in that regard as well.

Just discussing it in the context of the Bible. The JW's are about the only ones who get that part of scripture correct in relation to what is written. The Jews at least acknowledge the 144K "but you won't be one of them" so they are more biblical than most modern Christians in that regard as well.

The 144K are from all 12 tribes of Israel.Not just Judah(Jews).

Back