Relativity (Opened to Everyone)

d89329736a9757e1f0b128884c8622e3.jpg

I'm guessing that you cannot read for comprehension. Create a thread. Title it "Maxwell's Equations" and tell JPP what you think about them in the OP. Set the context and tone. I'll join in as a participant. I'm not going to beg you right here, right now, to quiz me. I'm happy to teach you, but I won't play "pretend Trumpet is my physics professor and I have to pass his course."

We've been over this quite thoroughly. Make your thread. I'm standing by.

20c99ea99e77bd7613f7ffee026574a5.jpg

If you can't back-up what you post, then perhaps you shouldn't post it.

If you can't back-up what you post, then perhaps you shouldn't post it.
It was very thoughtful of you to extend to me the courtesy of tipping your king before fleeing to the hills.

giphy.webp
giphy.webp
giphy.webp

200w.webp
200w.webp
200w.webp

I will be standing by for when you grow a pair and actually create your thread. My knowledge won't be going away anytime soon. Also, Into the Night stole a bunch of my thunder by divulging the answer I believe you seek. You should create your thread by citing/quoting his post on the subject and adding your own comments to make the OP, which would then ask JPP to comment on how Maxwell's equations have since benefitted humanity. Hint: the benefits of Maxwell's equations to humanity are not limited to one single solitary thing, e.g. the paradigm shift to electromagnetism. Human society fundamentally changed.

This is your chance to actually be value-added on JPP. I am standing by to join in.

It was very thoughtful of you to extend to me the courtesy of tipping your king before fleeing to the hills.

giphy.webp
giphy.webp
giphy.webp

200w.webp
200w.webp
200w.webp

I will be standing by for when you grow a pair and actually create your thread. My knowledge won't be going away anytime soon. Also, Into the Night stole a bunch of my thunder by divulging the answer I believe you seek. You should create your thread by citing/quoting his post on the subject and adding your own comments to make the OP, which would then ask JPP to comment on how Maxwell's equations have since benefitted humanity. Hint: the benefits of Maxwell's equations to humanity are not limited to one single solitary thing, e.g. the paradigm shift to electromagnetism. Human society fundamentally changed.

This is your chance to actually be value-added on JPP. I am standing by to join in.

Why do you keep dodging the question????

Why do you keep dodging the question????
Why do you continue to avoid creating the thread? Why are you so dead set against me properly addressing that topic? Why are you so afraid of my input? I know that you are not somehow afraid to create a thread; you created twelve since the beginning of August ... but there is clearly something terrifying the shit out of you regarding Maxwell's equations, or at least the prosepct of my input on the matter.

Overcome your dread, emerge from your safe space and create your thread on the benefits to humanity of Maxwell's equations. Please quote Into the Night's comments in the OP and don't ban anyone.

I am standing by. This is becoming tiresome.

I've noticed that the 'Relativity' thread is basically done. It has dissolved into nothing but a string of insults. Guess no one wants to talk about relativity anymore or start a thread about Maxwell's equations.

I've noticed that the 'Relativity' thread is basically done. It has dissolved into nothing but a string of insults. Guess no one wants to talk about relativity anymore or start a thread about Maxwell's equations.

There's no way you understand the technical details about Maxwell's equations. Sure you know they are about electromagnetism (since you are an electrician)...but that's about all.

You don't even know what some of the more arcane mathematical symbols in the equations denote.

Like this for instance:

HeyBsIc.jpg

Bet you don't even know the name for the symbol, let alone what it implies.

There's no way you understand the technical details about Maxwell's equations. Sure you know they are about electromagnetism (since you are an electrician)...but that's about all.

You don't even know what some of the more arcane mathematical symbols in the equations denote.

Like this for instance:

HeyBsIc.jpg

Bet you don't even know the name for the symbol, let alone what it implies.

What 'technical details' are you referring to that you do not understand?
What else do you think Maxwell's equations are about?

Last edited:
Okay. You obviously don't even want to talk about Maxwell's equations. I suppose that's why you never created a thread for it either.

So you don't know that that symbol is an important part of Maxwell's equations? LOL.

You showed your hand, Electrician. You don't even know the topic.

So you don't know that that symbol is an important part of Maxwell's equations? LOL.

You showed your hand, Electrician. You don't even know the topic.

It is not an important part of Maxwell's equation. You blew it. You are just cutting and pasting from Wikipedia again, mindlessly, an trying to look 'smart'. It is YOU evading the topic by fixation, dumbass.

It is not an important part of Maxwell's equation. You blew it. You are just cutting and pasting from Wikipedia again, mindlessly, an trying to look 'smart'. It is YOU evading the topic by fixation, dumbass.

You are so wrong it's not even funny. You've never even seen Maxwell's equations have you??? LOL.

12a7c5a5244263a807b9def915c0639d.jpg

You are so wrong it's not even funny. You've never even seen Maxwell's equations have you??? LOL.
You're making a mistake. The symbol in question is just notation in lieu of the equations. It's like any other notation. Into the Night has been asking you about what aspect of the equations that you'd like to discuss, and you seem to be erroneously looking for an explanation that is somehow something other than the equations in question. If you think that the correct answer is "a vector field" (the previous discussion on vectors is what prompted you to start asking everyone about the symbol) then you are mistaken because Maxwell's equations are all about partial derivatives for change and divergence. Well, OK, one of the equations isn't really.

What I don't get is your need to feel out people for what they know, as if that's somehow important. Why don't you just start a thread on the topic and you'll find out quickly enough, yes?

By the way, specific notation isn't important. You and I could determine that we want to use different notation and nobody can stop us. We don't have to have the triangle symbol (I forgot what it is called although I remember joking about NAMBLA which is something different. I should look it up) ... as long as we understand the concepts, we're good. Do you know how to take partial derivatives? If so, the triangle symbol is immaterial.

You're making a mistake. The symbol in question is just notation in lieu of the equations.

Yes I know that...but given that it is not a common symbol/function that everyone is familiar with I just wanted those folks who screeech the loudest that others need to tell them about Maxwell's Equations to admit that they don't even know the BASICS of the equations. (Plus they'd have to figure out how to google it)

Yes I know that...but given that it is not a common symbol/function that everyone is familiar with I just wanted those folks who screeech the loudest that others need to tell them about Maxwell's Equations to admit that they don't even know the BASICS of the equations. (Plus they'd have to figure out how to google it)

Paradox. Irrational. Inversion fallacy. Fixation.

Back