Relativity

Psychology is not science.
:lolup: :lolup: The poster who thought vectors were an exotic mathmatical abstraction beyond the capabilities of high school seniors and college freshmen. The poster who didn't have the foggiest clue that general relativity was an approach to address accelerating frames of reference.

:lolup: :lolup: The poster who thought vectors were an exotic mathmatical abstraction beyond the capabilities of high school seniors and college freshmen. The poster who didn't have the foggiest clue that general relativity was an approach to address accelerating frames of reference.

I have no doubt Sybil is above average in intelligence, but also insane.

He also never heard of B.F. Skinner, Industrial psychology or behavioral modification. IIRC, he's used the term "brain washing" before, which, of course, is applied psychology.

Alternatively, he could just be lying which he's been known to do.

I have no doubt Sybil is above average in intelligence, but also insane.

He also never heard of B.F. Skinner, Industrial psychology or behavioral modification. IIRC, he's used the term "brain washing" before, which, of course, is applied psychology.

Alternatively, he could just be lying which he's been known to do.

Any college graduate or well read person is aware that there is a science of psychology, and it is a legitimate research area in the pantheon of behavioral and social sciences.

I actually think Into The Bulverism is on the stupid end of the spectrum, but has a talent for learning buzzwords he works into gibberish sentences which upon examination are nothing but meaningless word salad.

Any college graduate or well read person is aware that there is a science of psychology, and it is a legitimate research area in the pantheon of behavioral and social sciences.

I actually think Into The Bulverism is on the stupid end of the spectrum, but has a talent for learning buzzwords he works into gibberish sentences which upon examination are nothing but meaningless word salad.
His manifesto in his signatures, some of which he's now hidden, indicates both education and intelligence. It's the cray-cray that fucks him up.

:lolup: :lolup: The poster who thought vectors were an exotic mathmatical abstraction beyond the capabilities of high school seniors and college freshmen.
RAAA. Word stuffing. Vectors are not exotic. Anyone can learn them, but you seem to have a real problem understanding them for some reason.
The poster who didn't have the foggiest clue that general relativity was an approach to address accelerating frames of reference.
RAAA. There is no such thing as an 'accelerating frame of reference'.

Psychology is not a branch of science.
Buzzword fallacy. Inversion fallacy.

I don't give a shit about text analytics.

You obviously lied about having a Geochem PhD or having any substantial college science background. Liars are posting in bad faith.

BUt it is literally the exact same mathematics. The fact that you don't understand this tells me all I need to know about your level of understanding of vectors.

The reason I raised the issue is twofold:

1) to establish that I have extensive background with vectors (to answer your snide comment)
2) to show that even in unrelated topics multidimensional vectors (many thousands of dimensions) aren't all that exotic.

Last edited:
So you think I'm in high school and you post "cocksucker" at me dozens of times.

Hmmmm..... What could that possibly mean?

You claimed you were in HS, Perry. Was that another one of your many lies, son?

Why should anyone believe anything you post, Perry? IMO, you are in your 30s, slightly retarded, no college (maybe some night classes) and you live with your parents. While I doubt you ever sucked Prince Andrew's cock, you clearly expressed a fascination with the idea which goes with your other homosexual desires.

You claimed you were in HS, Perry. Was that another one of your many lies, son?

That was intended as a joke and sarcastic. I mean you have suggested something about my virginity which wasn't an issue for me since high school. Given your "penchants" shown on this forum I thought you were just taking another guess at my age. So far you've guessed at my age being anywhere from 0-90.

Why should anyone believe anything you post, Perry? IMO, you are in your 30s, slightly retarded, no college but maybe some night classes and you live with your parents. While I doubt you ever sucked Prince Andrew's cock, you clearly expressed a fascination with the idea.

Ummmm.....

That was intended as a joke and sarcastic. I mean you have suggested something about my virginity which wasn't an issue for me since high school. Given your "penchants" shown on this forum I thought you were just taking another guess at my age. So far you've guessed at my age being anywhere from 0-90

Ummmm.....
7x8w9n.jpg

A very common philosophical view, and misunderstanding of the theory of relativity, is that relativity plays around with commonsense ideas of space and time and makes everything relative.

In the early 1900s, people were using Einstein’s theory of relativity to justify relativistic morals and relativistic aesthetics—all kinds of fields far from science.

Physics is about trying to understand an underlying objective reality, and that reality should not depend on one’s point of view or frame of reference.

The speed of light is one quantity that doesn’t depend on your point of view, but more fundamentally, the laws of physics do not depend on your point of view.

The numbers obtained when using the laws of physics, at least for some quantities—such as spatial differences or temporal intervals—do depend on your point of view. Other numbers don’t—such as, for example, the speed of light..

The individual measures of space and time are different in two different frames of reference, but you can combine them to get something that is objectively real: the invariant space-time interval. Space-time is invariant, which means that it doesn’t depend on your point of view; it doesn’t change with your frame of reference

It might bother you that events simultaneously in one frame aren’t simultaneous in another and that there are different time intervals between different events. However, neither of these concerns turns out to be a problem for causality. The space-time interval is one example of a relativistic invariant.

Source credit, Richard Wolfson, professor of physics

As the twentieth century unfolded, Einstein's theory of relativity quickly became a symbol and catalyst for something very different -- the development of moral relativism.

Einstein was not a moral relativist, nor did he believe that his theories had any essential moral or cultural meaning. He recoiled when his theory of relativity was blamed or credited for the birth of modern art (Cubism, in particular) or any other cultural development.

The philosopher Isaiah Berlin defended Einstein against any such charge: "The word relativity has been widely misinterpreted as relativism, the denial, or doubt about, the objectivity of truth or moral values." He continued, "This was the opposite of what Einstein believed. He was a man of simple and absolute moral convictions, which were expressed in all he was and did."

"In both his science and his moral philosophy, Einstein was driven by a quest for certainty and deterministic laws. If his theory of relativity produced ripples that unsettled the realms of morality and culture, this was not caused by what Einstein believed but by how he was popularly interpreted."

That is exactly the issue. Einstein, Isaacson reveals, was an influence on the emergence of relativism as a major theme in modern art, philosophy, and morality, even if that was not his intention at all.

At the beginning of the 1920s the belief began to circulate, for the first time at a popular level, that there were no longer any absolutes: of time and space, of good and evil, of knowledge, above all of value. Mistakenly but perhaps inevitably, relativity became confused with relativism."

Full article
https://albertmohler.com/2015/12/07/relativity-moral-relativism-and-the-modern-age

Back