Relativity

8ff26a0a36773ea9fa84a4b49575a4a8.jpg

I only engage posters that contribute in good faith.
... and you declare that all posters you fear are "not posting in good faith."

You followed me around
This doesn't make any sense. I take it you still haven't learned how this internet thing works.

[pointing out] I lied about reading a book,
That's part of how the internet works.

but when your claim blew up in your face
Are you still trying to delude yourself into believing that our roles were actually reversed? It was such a minor event in the grand scheme of things. Can't you just get over it?

p.s. - you still haven't simply read the Dhammapada, have you? Back in April, you could have just read it between posts and began afresh with an informed understanding. There's still time. I'll give you a do-over.

ec1c84a5ed037872d962a77d9c99b3f3.jpg

While I agree, all bets are off when dealing with human beings since most of our perceptions are...wait for it...relative. :D

This forum is a perfect example considering the human extremes of Left and Right with the extremes accusing each other of being the most extreme. There is a range of measure in between extremes and placement on that scale is relative to a person's individual perspective. There are our genetics, but mostly our cultural upbringing influencing our perspectives along with other psychosocial factors such as economic class, particular state and/or region, and birth order. All these variables create unique individuals.

People are unique individuals, but social groups can be understood through statistics, both general perspectives and trends. Again, human relativity plays a part. How do we measure the "truth" of Putin's invasion of Ukraine and using Russian lives as cannon fodder versus the Western perspective of defending aggression and individual liberty as a Universal measure? We can only do it from a human perspective. Ergo, relative to humans.

My two most memorable parts of the movie "Gandi" were the last lines* and the advice Gandi gave to a Hindi man who had murdered a baby because it was Muslim. The advice was to adopt an orphan (there were plenty) and raise it Muslim. Why? So he'd learn a perspective relative to Muslims. Gandi understood human perspective was the path to peace.

*after being shot by, Nathuram Godsem, a Hindu nationalist: "Oh God. Oh God."

Yes, human beings and human values can't be distilled down to physics.

I have respect for the social sciences.

The interesting point to me is that post-modernists and eugenicists latched onto Darwin and Einstein for scientific support, while actually misinterpreting the science

Yes, human beings and human values can't be distilled down to physics.

I have respect for the social sciences.

The interesting point to me is that post-modernists and eugenicists latched onto Darwin and Einstein for scientific support, while actually misinterpreting the science

Agreed. Ergo, there is no Universe level of universal truth to the human condition. All universal truths are relative to human beings within our own species...which is a little redundant but true. LOL

Even so, how do you prove a universal truth among human beings? Is it wrong to kill another human being? It's relative. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

My perspective is to never be the aggressor. Only defend...but that perspective can be argued to be relative too. Consider the Somali pirates attacking shipping lanes. Is it self-defense to send the US Navy to take them out? Yes, IMO.

The same concept applies to Thomas Jefferson and the Barbary Pirates.

Last edited:
b1d90b29881d56a10a3fe24dc211ff5c.jpg

Multiple Forum Name Fallacy
Into The Night of Ignorance Fallacy
Full Of Shit Fallacy
Why are you not taking this up with Into the Night? Did you simply respond to the wrong poster or does Into the Night so thoroughly scare the shit out of you that you far prefer facing me? If you are merely looking to pick a fight with me, you don't need any pretense. Just bring it on. I'm ready to beat up on you 24/7.

Could I get an autographed BidenPresident "fuck you" while you are apparently in the mood?

I think JPP really highlights the stupid in leftists, and you're doing a great job. Keep it up.

fb59bdbc5fbddb0c5195354b333ffa61.jpg

b1d90b29881d56a10a3fe24dc211ff5c.jpg

Why are you not taking this up with Into the Night? Did you simply respond to the wrong poster or does Into the Night so thoroughly scare the shit out of you such that you much prefer facing me? If you are merely looking to pick a fight with me, you don't need any pretense. Just bring it on. I'm ready to beat up on you 24/7.

Could I get an autographed BidenPresident "fuck you" while you are apparently in the mood?

I think JPP really highlights the stupid in leftists, and you're doing a great job. Keep it up.

fb59bdbc5fbddb0c5195354b333ffa61.jpg

zzzzzz

Agreed. Ergo, there is no Universe level of universal truth to the human condition. All universal truths are relative to human beings within our own species...which is a little redundant but true. LOL

Even so, how do you prove a universal truth among human beings? Is it wrong to kill another human being? It's relative. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

I think the fact that Ghandi and Martin Luther King Jr are almost universally admired for their values and their beliefs about freedom, equality, fairness is pretty good evidence that there are certain universal values widely held by us simply by virtue of being human

I see it, Perry. My part is to make sure everyone else sees it too, son. :thup:

See? YOU are Cypress' best friend on the forum for all the reasons I stated. Most of the time you just come on to confirm Cypress' cursory understanding of any topic and, of course, any time anyone says anything unpleasant to Cypress you jump in to make your nasty comments! And like I said, you are likewise uneducated!

Thank GOD you are here so Cypress always has affirmation.

And you take such good care of him.

8ff26a0a36773ea9fa84a4b49575a4a8.jpg

Let me correct that for you:

You only engage posters that agree with you or as uneducated as you. This is why you dropped out of grad school. It was too hard.

The funniest thing is 99% of your OP's are nothing but quotes from someone else (because you don't understand the topics yourself). And you keep posting stuff about SCIENCE but I don't believe I've ever seen you post anything even remotely mathematical about these topics.

You like the woo-woo nobody knows end of stuff. That's why you love that Quantum Mechanics abuse by the New Agers. They are like you and don't understand the technical topic either but it sounds super duper cool and science-y. Now it's time to leverage relativity...another mathematically intense topic you don't truly understand but can leverage to sound cool
You certainly hit the nail on the head with Cypress. I'm impressed that you are able to discern that he doesn't understand anything about the theories he proposes to discuss and that everything he posts is what others have to say on the topic, ... which often are egregious misconceptions because Cypress rushes to Wikipedia to choose his "experts" who similarly don't understand the theory/model in question.

Your post was an excellently accurate analysis. Well done.

p.s. - great call on the "quantum mechanics abuse." It's so rare to find someone who recognizes this.

40bdf7189000780f4cc12f6bca44cb68.jpg

IBD dumbass: Nope. Physics is focused on only one thing: predicting nature.

:lolup::lolup::lolup:

Spoken like someone who never set foot in a university level science class!

The geocentric modified Ptolomaic system of epicycles was perfectly adequate for predicting planetary motions.

But scientists care about getting things right. We live in a heliocentric system, not a geocentric system
The geocentric Ptolomaic system of epicycles was so good at predicting planetary motion in the 16th century it was widely believed there was no compelling reason to replace it with the heliocentric system of Copernicus and Galileo.

I think the fact that Ghandi and Martin Luther King Jr are almost universally admired for their values and their beliefs about freedom, equality, fairness is pretty good evidence that there are certain universal values widely held by us simply by virtue of being human

Agreed it's a better path for human beings. Just like Siddhartha and Jesus advised. :)

Back