Relativity

Although Darwin's theory of evolution is not science...
:lolup:

Nope. Physics is focused on only one thing: predicting nature.

:lolup::lolup::lolup:

Spoken like someone who never set foot in a university level science class!

The geocentric modified Ptolomaic system of epicycles was perfectly adequate for predicting planetary motions.

But scientists care about getting things right. We live in a heliocentric system, not a geocentric system

Nope. Different reference frames cannot somehow be combined.
There is no such thing.

The spacetime interval between two different inertial reference frames is a real vector quantity. It is objective, invariant and a consequence of relativity. It is the same for two events in two different inertial reference frames, even when measurement of those events result in time dilation and length contraction .

Agreed it's a better path for human beings. Just like Siddhartha and Jesus advised. :)

Hitler and Stalin were keen to hide evidence of their crimes from the eyes of the outside world, even from their own people, indicating even they understood they were violating universal standards of moral conduct.

Our ethical evolution as a species seems to have brought us to the point that we assume that people have natural rights, it is wrong to violate those rights, and we have obligations to other humans and humanity at large.

Hitler and Stalin were keen to hide evidence of their crimes from the eyes of the outside world, even from their own people, indicating even they understood they were violating universal standards of moral conduct.

Our ethical evolution as a species seems to have brought us to the point that we assume that people have natural rights, it is wrong to violate those rights, and we have obligations to other humans and humanity at large.

The current human "universal" standards. Agreed. The problem is that, unlike math, there is no "proof" for human standards of conduct. There's logic, but no mathematical certainty like 2+2=4.

It's a matter of relativity. :D

8ff26a0a36773ea9fa84a4b49575a4a8.jpg

Spoken like someone who never set foot in a university level science class!
It's interesting that you are pretending to understand this. It's fascinating that you are insisting that you somehow understand physics and that you are going to correct me. Please continue.

But scientists care about getting things right.
You have no idea what scientists care about. You certainly don't speak for any of us.

We live in a heliocentric system, not a geocentric system
I don't think you will be impressing many people with the sum total of your scientific understanding.

The spacetime interval between two different inertial reference frames is a real vector quantity.
1. There is no such thing and 2. you are supposed to be addressing your absurd notion of somehow combining two inertial reference frames.

It is objective, invariant and a consequence of relativity.
Nope. Imagine a world in which you actually supported your assertions.

It is the same for two events in two different inertial reference frames, even when measurement of those events result in time dilation and length contraction .
Measurement doesn't result in time dilation. Motion, not measurement, is what causes blue/red shift and/or Doppler effect.

Have you noticed that you haven't been able to answer any questions posed to you, whereas all of your points are inaccurate and are quickly and easily debunked? If you haven't noticed, take your time.

e3aa6123480d4b2232f332fb11f995fe.jpg

It's interesting that you are pretending to understand this. It's fascinating that you are insisting that you somehow understand physics and that you are going to correct me. Please continue.

You have no idea what scientists care about. You certainly don't speak for any of us.

I don't think you will be impressing many people with the sum total of your scientific understanding.

1. There is no such thing and 2. you are supposed to be addressing your absurd notion of somehow combining two inertial reference frames.

Nope. Imagine a world in which you actually supported your assertions.

Measurement doesn't result in time dilation. Motion, not measurement, is what causes blue/red shift and/or Doppler effect.

Have you noticed that you haven't been able to answer any questions posed to you, whereas all of your points are inaccurate and are quickly and easily debunked? If you haven't noticed, take your time.

e3aa6123480d4b2232f332fb11f995fe.jpg

OMG, what would we do without the limitless genius and wisdom of the Great Thinker to set us straight.

You certainly hit the nail on the head with Cypress. I'm impressed that you are able to discern that he doesn't understand anything about the theories he proposes to discuss and that everything he posts is what others have to say on the topic, ... which often are egregious misconceptions because Cypress rushes to Wikipedia to choose his "experts" who similarly don't understand the theory/model in question.

Your post was an excellently accurate analysis. Well done.

p.s. - great call on the "quantum mechanics abuse." It's so rare to find someone who recognizes this.

40bdf7189000780f4cc12f6bca44cb68.jpg

Maybe you ought to try Wikipedia, you might learn something.

:lolup::lolup:

Two different inertial frames by definition are undergoing different velocities with respect to each other. That's what I wrote, and you obviously aren't familiar with this relativistic concept.

The spacetime interval between two different inertial reference frames is a real vector quantity. It is objective, invariant and a consequence of relativity. It is the same for two events in two different inertial reference frames, even when measurement of those events result in time dilation and length contraction .
It's really funny that you conflate the Doppler effect with special relativity. The Doppler effect was described probably a century before special relativity.

The problem with frantically googling for tidbits of scientific information for a few minutes at a time is you will never see the forest through the trees. You actually have to take some physics classes to have a rudimentary working knowledge special relativity.

Last edited:
So you think lying about me, lying about your sock puppet, lying about your biography, lying about your PhD is posting in good faith? :laugh:

So you actually FINISHED grad school? How on earth did you do that? I mean you got the "bibliography" part down but honestly you don't seem to have been through a defense or a thesis and most assuredly not a dissertation.

Gimme a break.

OMG, what would we do without the limitless genius and wisdom of the Great Thinker to set us straight.
You need a question mark at the end of your question.

My genius is not limitless. It's just a little short of that.

Don't be afraid to come to me with the hard stuff.

acd8d26183c85855fcfa7f516a8780cb.jpg

Two different inertial frames by definition are undergoing different velocities with respect to each other.
Too funny. Seriously, this is way too funny. You haven't the vaguest clue what you are talking about. This is comedy gold.

Just so everyone can have a hearty laugh, what are you claiming is the definition of an inertial reference frame? The floor is yours.

It's really funny that you conflate the Doppler effect with special relativity.
It's really funny that you believe that I somehow conflate Doppler effect with Special Relativity. It's really funny that you believe you can read English.

The problem with frantically googling for tidbits of scientific information for a few minutes at a time is you will never see the forest through the trees.
I think everyone fully accepts you as an authority on frantically Googling and Wikipedia-rangering for tidbits of scientific information.

If you will have a competent adult read your previous post to you, you will notice that you mentioned "length contraction." Do you know what that is? Once again, you were the one who introduced the term into the discussion in an erroneous manner, and I pointed out your mistake. Now we come to find out that you didn't even know what the term meant. Par for the course.

deb95c059d50b644e6cf5c3b0a3a0e75.jpg

Sad. I fully support better mental health care for America, Sybil. :thup:

Me too, but I'll go with psychiatrists, not psychologists.

Keep America sufficiently medicated and we'll be fine.

I see far too many under-drugged Americans skulking around.

It's the ones who believe that they're sane that need to be rounded up quickly.

You haven't the vaguest clue what you are talking about. This is comedy gold.
:lolup::lolup::lolup:
You are the one who wrote Darwin isn't science.

You obviously have never set foot in a university level biology or physics class.

You don't ask 'questions' in good faith.

The last time you thought you had me cornered with a "gotcha!" question, it blew up in your face and you ran away like a girl from the thread --->
https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...y-of-you-are-Christians&p=5597945#post5597945

And you will bitch about me to your buddy Doc Dutch (AKA Dutch Uncle) later on.

Again, your inability to see your own hypocrisy is astounding.

Cypress doesn't bitch and whine like you, Perry. You're projecting, son.

BTW, when was the last time you sucked that Prince Andrew cock? Does he miss your tender lips?

Me too, but I'll go with psychiatrists, not psychologists.

Keep America sufficiently medicated and we'll be fine.

I see far too many under-drugged Americans skulking around.

It's the ones who believe that they're sane that need to be rounded up quickly.
Obviously you don't understand the difference, neef, since it will take both.

Disagreed on medication, neef. For most, it's not needed and for those who do, it should be done with therapy.

Are you one of them, neef? Depressed people are missing something and I doubt it will be found in drugs.

LOL. I believe in consensus. Some people call it democracy. :)

Back