Religious Racism: Texas Church Argues There's a Biblical Precedent for Strict Racial

I don't buy into the argument that Ham was an African American, and that his whole race is cursed. But, this IFC church is no more guilty of nonsense than libs who insist blacks are oppressed. An African American can walk into almost any university or job that whites with the same qualifications would be barred from. Blacks receive several times as much welfare, per capita, as whites. Black contributions to society include crimes on the street and crimes at the ballot box. Blacks are the oppressors.

There was NO AMERICA at the time Noah and his sons and Grandsons lived.

The libs accuse Christianity of being pro-slavery. That's an ironic charge from people, libs, who want to enslave the whole population to the government.

Libs love to lie about slavery in the Bible. Libs love to point to the verse about selling your daughter into slavery, but that's nothing but a 7-year (max) job contract. Another irony, libs objecting to women getting jobs in the Bible.

That ignorant Texas church is less racist than any lib.

Libs don't object to women getting jobs and that is NEVER mentioned in the Bible.

There was NO AMERICA at the time Noah and his sons and Grandsons lived.

I'm making fun of dumb*** libs referring to blacks as African American. You know, libs really are dumb****s. I've seen them use this term for blacks when nationality was irrelevant or when they black in question wasn't American.

Yep. First recorded instances of slavery were by religious people in Egypt and Mesopotamia. They were not god-deniers, as you claim. It just wasn't your god. I imagine there was slavery even before recorded history...since the dawn of man, and those numbskulls were probably religious too.

You'd do well to realize your religion wasn't the first or most important, but just another in a long line of bullshit throughout the history of man.

oh child......it isn't merely that its the first or most important.......its the only one one that actually has a God.....you are all deniers......

I'm making fun of dumb*** libs referring to blacks as African American. You know, libs really are dumb****s. I've seen them use this term for blacks when nationality was irrelevant or when they black in question wasn't American.

gee another subhuman white trash goyim

There are Moroccan Jews, Irish Americans, Italian Americans.. You're a bit of a twerp. There were NO African Americans in the days of Noah.

Religious Racism: Texas Church Argues There's a Biblical Precedent for Strict Racial Segregation

The curse of Ham,” an old-time Biblical (mis)interpretation used to vilify black people and justify slavery and laws against racial intermarriage, is still alive and spreading bigotry in the United States.

The Appleby Baptist Church in Nacogdoches, Texas, is among this country’s scattered, independent fundamentalist churches still openly promoting the idea that the Biblical Noah pronounced a curse on descendants of his son, Ham. Ham had sexually molested Noah as he slept in a drunken stupor, and Noah realized it, the story goes.

The curse ultimately fell on Canaan, Noah’s grandson, whose descendants were black and fated to be an underclass of slaves, according to this version of the Bible, which has been widely discredited by mainstream religious scholars.

But the canard is trumpeted loud and clear in an online statement of conviction by Appleby leaders. The East Texas church, 90 miles from Shreveport, La., is “a bit of a throwback, but these people are still out there,” Rachel Tabachnick, a fellow at the think tank Political Research Associates, told Hatewatch. She researches the impact of the religious right on politics and society.

For hundreds of years, the so-called curse of Ham was frequently taught by religious leaders as the source for racial differences, and in more recent times was seized on as a Biblical excuse for segregation and slavery, said Tabachnick. “There’s been a shift, and you don’t often see churches that are this forthright now, but the underlying theme is still there in fundamentalist holdout churches.”

The Appleby church, whose pastor could not immediately be reached for comment, proclaims a litany of racist beliefs on its website: The black descendants of Ham like fair-skinned women, of course. And “the proof of the presence of God among the Israelites was the absence of the black skinned folk of Canaan … It is obvious God is a separator, not a mixer. It is God who set the boundaries.”

And who’s in favor of the races mixing? The church knows: “Satan wants to eliminate color by interracial marriages. Someone will ask why do we have to see color when we look at one another? Why can’t we just see each other as people? The same reason you see a Poodle, German Shepherd, Beagle, etc. God made us different and set the bounds. You don’t get thoroughbreds by taking the fences down. You get thoroughbreds by putting the fences up.”

In case you don’t get the meta-message about thoroughbreds versus mongrels, the church’s statement mangles a Biblical passage in Matthew in which a Canaanite woman pleads with Christ on behalf of her daughter, who is assumed by the Appleby church to be black. “Christ terms her people as dogs,” the church says. “‘It is not meet to take the children’s bread and cast it to dogs.’ … Unlike modern day blacks yelling about equal rights, this woman humbles herself and says ‘Truth Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from the master’s table.’”

continued

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-p...rgues-theres-biblical-precedent-strict-racial

You know damn well it's a tiny fraction of people who believe this nonsense. It's not mainstream in any way, shape, or form.

I don't buy into the argument that Ham was an African American, and that his whole race is cursed. But, this IFC church is no more guilty of nonsense than libs who insist blacks are oppressed. An African American can walk into almost any university or job that whites with the same qualifications would be barred from. Blacks receive several times as much welfare, per capita, as whites. Black contributions to society include crimes on the street and crimes at the ballot box. Blacks are the oppressors.

The greatest American ever was Paul Robeson, brilliant football and basket-ball player, great singer, great actor, film star and orator . How many of the serfs are even allowed to know his name? Why is that, I wonder? Heil trumpf!

The greatest American ever was Paul Robeson, brilliant football and basket-ball player, great singer, great actor, film star and orator . How many of the serfs are even allowed to know his name? Why is that, I wonder? Heil trumpf!

Africoon Americans are commonly thought of as talented orators merely for the capacity to produce complete sentences. Sorry, even if Paul Robeson was a great man, low standards for blacks robs him of credible recognition.

There are Moroccan Jews, Irish Americans, Italian Americans.. You're a bit of a twerp. There were NO African Americans in the days of Noah.

WTF do you think? That the race of Africoon Americans didn't exist until the 1970s?

WTF do you think? That the race of Africoon Americans didn't exist until the 1970s?

We are talking about Genesis.. not the 1970s. Ham was Noah's son.

Ham was a son of Noah and the father of Cush, Mizraim, Phut and Canaan.. Ham's descendants are interpreted by Flavius Josephus and others as having populated Africa and adjoining parts of Asia.

Africoon Americans are commonly thought of as talented orators merely for the capacity to produce complete sentences. Sorry, even if Paul Robeson was a great man, low standards for blacks robs him of credible recognition.

He was famous and well loved in all the civilized countries you never heard of, matey. A friend of my father's was also a friend of his, and where I lived he was practically worshipped. Ask your masters to let you out one day, do!

Back