Remember Pearl Harbor....the Japanese certainly don't.

Biden was in charge of it
Trump would have done better?
Doubtful Trump would have done better, but the fact remains it was on Biden's watch.

When even our allies are surprised by the speed of the withdrawal, then something is wrong.

https://www.statesman.com/story/new...-peace-deal-afghanistan-prisoners/5673035001/
Fact-check: Did Trump free 5,000 Taliban prisoners during his term?
Mitt Romney: The Trump administration worked to free 5,000 Taliban prisoners.

PolitiFact's ruling: True

Here's why: Sen. Mitt Romney blamed both the Trump and Biden administrations for the chaotic events that swept Afghanistan after the Taliban took over the country.

A terrorist attack at the Kabul international airport killed more than 100 people, including 13 U.S. service members, as the U.S. military worked to evacuate Americans and Afghans.

Romney, R-Utah, made his comments during an Aug. 29 interview with CNN host Jake Tapper.

A lot of people have the misconception that The Atomic Bombing of Japan was about American Revenge on the Japanese for their attack of Pearl Harbor.

But, that revenge took place at Midway, where we destroyed a superior Imperial Fleet with our brave Navy pilots and Submarine fleet.

We Nuked Japan to stop Japan from scorching China, and to prevent them from scorching the rest of Asia, as they would have never stopped, had we not shocked them back into reality! Otherwise multiple millions of innocent people would have died!

Bullshit, the Japanese were totally defeated! Eisenhower, Leahy, Churchill and many others were of the same opinion.

Truman’s chief military adviser, agreed with Eisenhower. “It is my opinion that the use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan,” Leahy wrote. “The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender because of the effective sea blockade and the successful bombing with conventional weapons.”

Again, you can believe other people besides Leahy or Eisenhower. I can’t adjudicate the various claims. But I can conclude that there was lots of uncertainty about where this war was going. There certainly weren’t just two possible paths.

When we are deeply uncertain about the consequences of our actions, where do we turn? We turn to moral principles, including the principle that it is immoral to kill innocent women and children.

https://www.aei.org/op-eds/japan-wa...inst-the-nuclear-bomb-and-for-basic-morality/

Last edited:
Bullshit, the Japanese were totally defeated! Eisenhower, Leahy, Churchill and many others were of the same opinion.

Truman’s chief military adviser, agreed with Eisenhower. “It is my opinion that the use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan,” Leahy wrote. “The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender because of the effective sea blockade and the successful bombing with conventional weapons.”

Again, you can believe other people besides Leahy or Eisenhower. I can’t adjudicate the various claims. But I can conclude that there was lots of uncertainty about where this war was going. There certainly weren’t just two possible paths.

When we are deeply uncertain about the consequences of our actions, where do we turn? We turn to moral principles, including the principle that it is immoral to kill innocent women and children.

https://www.aei.org/op-eds/japan-wa...inst-the-nuclear-bomb-and-for-basic-morality/
^^^
Trumpers love revisionist history.

Seven of the United States’ eight five-star Army and Navy officers in 1945 agreed with the Navy’s vitriolic assessment. Generals Dwight Eisenhower, Douglas MacArthur, Henry Arnold and Admirals William Leahy, Chester Nimitz, Ernest King, and William Halsey are on record stating that the atomic bombs were either militarily unnecessary, morally reprehensible, or both.

Seven of the United States’ eight five-star Army and Navy officers in 1945 agreed with the Navy’s vitriolic assessment. Generals Dwight Eisenhower, Douglas MacArthur and Henry Arnold and Admirals William Leahy, Chester Nimitz, Ernest King, and William Halsey are on record stating that the atomic bombs were either militarily unnecessary, morally reprehensible, or both.

Context is everything, but nice to see you're as anti-American and pro-Japanese as ever, Dip*. :thup:

Any President who didn't end the war as soon as possible, even if it meant nuking the entire fucking island, would be guilty of dereliction of duty. You know, like the traitor Pedo Don did after the 2020 election. :)

*since I'm the only one on the forum who can't call you by the name below, I'll use Dip...because it fits. :)
So things are great in the gulf according to tom pendergast. Lets go shrimping and tom gets to eat the first one.
The name is Prendergast and I would be happy to eat some shrimps out of the Gulf.

Seven of the United States’ eight five-star Army and Navy officers in 1945 agreed with the Navy’s vitriolic assessment. Generals Dwight Eisenhower, Douglas MacArthur, Henry Arnold and Admirals William Leahy, Chester Nimitz, Ernest King, and William Halsey are on record stating that the atomic bombs were either militarily unnecessary, morally reprehensible, or both.

It's not generally known that the US was preparing to roll out three plutonium bombs a month in September and October. Indeed one was already prepared to bomb Kokura on and around the 19th August. It had been the primary target for Fat Man but was dropped in favour of the secondary target Nagasaki due to bad visibility.

Context is everything, but nice to see you're as anti-American and pro-Japanese as ever, Dip*. :thup:

Any President who didn't end the war as soon as possible, even if it meant nuking the entire fucking island, would be guilty of dereliction of duty. You know, like the traitor Pedo Don did after the 2020 election. :)

*since I'm the only one on the forum who can't call you by the name below, I'll use Dip...because it fits. :)

The farang has no connection to WWII

I’ve always thought the U.S. should have at least invited japanese leadership to witness a test of the bomb on their own soil before using it on civilians.
That way they were given an alternative.

I’ve always thought the U.S. should have at least invited japanese leadership to witness a test of the bomb on their own soil before using it on civilians.

That was an idea but we only had two bombs....and there was no guarantee the uranium bomb would work. IIRC, it would be months before more fissionable material could be produced...with Americans being killed every day from the same assholes behind the Rape of Nanking, the Bataan Death March and Pearl Harbor.

General Sherman is famous for saying "War is Hell". This is why it's often stupid to start one. The Japanese started one, the US finished it with maximum speed.

To be honest I personally believe that the entry of the Soviet Union into Manchuria on the 8th August is what swayed the balance towards an end to war. The thought of Japan and Korea being over run by hardline Communists was just too much to bear.

The Soviet entry into this theatre of the war and the defeat of the Kwantung Army was a significant factor in the Japanese government's decision to surrender unconditionally, as it became apparent that the Soviet Union had no intention of acting as a third party in negotiating an end to hostilities on conditional terms.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_invasion_of_Manchuria

Last edited:

After the first one dropped they said nothing

Remember those are the same nutz with kamikazes

Last edited:
That was an idea but we only had two bombs....and there was no guarantee the uranium bomb would work. IIRC, it would be months before more fissionable material could be produced...with Americans being killed every day from the same assholes behind the Rape of Nanking, the Bataan Death March and Pearl Harbor.

General Sherman is famous for saying "War is Hell". This is why it's often stupid to start one. The Japanese started one, the US finished it with maximum speed.

The U.S. could’ve tested the uranium bomb with the japs looking on. If it didn’t work at least they gave it a try. If it did (and it would have) we could bluff them saying we had more where that came from. Well we did have one more.
But hindsight is 20/20.

The U.S. could’ve tested the uranium bomb with the japs looking on. If it didn’t work at least they gave it a try. If it did (and it would have) we could bluff them saying we had more where that came from. Well we did have one more.
But hindsight is 20/20.
Revisionist History doesn't save American lives.

But hindsight is 20/20.

Actually they had three bombs prepared, one U-235 based Little Boy and two PU-239 Fat Man types. They were also preparing to roll out another six plutonium bombs to be used in September and October if necessary.

Last edited:
Back