Remember Pearl Harbor....the Japanese certainly don't.

The U.S. could’ve tested the uranium bomb with the japs looking on. If it didn’t work at least they gave it a try. If it did (and it would have) we could bluff them saying we had more where that came from. Well we did have one more.
But hindsight is 20/20.

The plutonium bomb has already been tested at Los Alamos as it was far more complicated than a relatively primitive uranium bomb. At that time there was only enough U-235 for one bomb whilst there was far more PU-239 available.

The plutonium bomb has already been tested at Los Alamos as it was far more complicated than a relatively primitive uranium bomb. At that time there was only enough U-235 for one bomb whilst there was far more PU-239 available.
Material but not bombs. Americans were dying every day in the war the Japanese started.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki#Proposed_demonstration
many U.S. officials and scientists argued that a demonstration would sacrifice the shock value of the atomic attack, and the Japanese could deny the atomic bomb was lethal, making the mission less likely to produce surrender. Allied prisoners of war might be moved to the demonstration site and be killed by the bomb. They also worried that the bomb might be a failure, as the Trinity test was that of a stationary device, not an air-dropped bomb. In addition, although more bombs were in production, only two would be available at the start of August, and they cost billions of dollars, so using one for a demonstration would be expensive.

Let's not forget that the US government was going broke because of the war the Japanese started.

As I've already stated they were preparing a third PU-239 type bomb to be deployed on or about the 19th August on Kokura.

As I've already stated they were preparing a third PU-239 type bomb to be deployed on or about the 19th August.

Ten days of American blood being spilled by the nation that started the war. Why do you hate Americans and are so sympathetic to the Japanese?

Have you asked the Koreans or Chinese what they think about the US ending the war ASAP?

2uzp7v.gif

As I've already stated they were preparing a third PU-239 type bomb to be deployed on or about the 19th August on Kokura.

Again I must reiterate that the invasion of Manchuria on 8th August was another very significant factor in the Japanese high command surrendering.

The Soviet entry into this theatre of the war and the defeat of the Kwantung Army in a matter of days was a very significant factor in the Japanese government's decision to surrender unconditionally, as it became apparent that the Soviet Union had no intention of acting as a third party in negotiating an end to hostilities on conditional terms.

Again I must reiterate that the invasion of Manchuria on 8th August was another very significant factor in the Japanese high command surrendering.

The Soviet entry into this theatre of the war and the defeat of the Kwantung Army in a matter of days was a very significant factor in the Japanese government's decision to surrender unconditionally, as it became apparent that the Soviet Union had no intention of acting as a third party in negotiating an end to hostilities on conditional terms.

The Japanese didn't surrender until after the bombs were dropped.

A red herring. There was nothing holding Biden to that schedule any more than there was in him, say, ending border wall construction, or any of dozens of other actions Trump took. Instead, it's an admission that Biden totally fucked up and those that like Biden need an excuse for.
Wrong, for most American leaders a deal is a deal. Trump unilaterally removed us from the Iraq Nuke deal. That is a message to the world that making deals with America is meaningless. Trump made the Iraq deal and as he should have, Biden recognized it. You Trumpys don't have any rules. You do what you want.
Trump constructed 24 miles of wall in 4 years. What wall construction are you talking about? I know, it was the one Trump talked about.

Wrong, for most American leaders a deal is a deal. Trump unilaterally removed us from the Iraq Nuke deal. That is a message to the world that making deals with America is meaningless. Trump made the Iraq deal and as he should have, Biden recognized it. You Trumpys don't have any rules. You do what you want.
Trump constructed 24 miles of wall in 4 years. What wall construction are you talking about? I know, it was the one Trump talked about.
The Iran nuke deal was never ratified as a treaty. Trump was free to do whatever he pleased there. The same holds true for the Afghanistan withdrawal. Biden sped Trump's plan up in fact. Biden could have just as easily slowed it down or negated it altogether. Oh, and Trump constructed closer to 400 miles of wall.

Back