Remember when they claimed Jesus was a Liberal?

0.jpg

What I find amusing, is that the believers say they believe in God; but yet they want to disregard Jesus as an example, every time it's convenient for them. :D

Now; that's hypocrisy, at it's finest.

No, I'm sorry, but I don't buy that Jesus would have sat there through three roll call votes over whether or not to mention his father in the DNC platform or recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. I don't think he would have condoned the blatant lying and deception being presented as fact. I don't think he would even be pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage or for legalizing pot. But most certainly, he wouldn't favor the idea that we should strip God from any aspect of our governing and adopt Atheism as our National Religion. He wouldn't have sat there and applauded a speech from an adulterer who committed vile sex acts on an intern half his age in the oval office. He wouldn't have supported the bimbo who wants everyone to pay for her condoms. He wouldn't support or condone the relentless bashing of Romney over his charitable contributions through his church.

End of story.

With all due respect, you just demonstrated exactly what I mean.

Jesus didn't involve himself in politics and I doubt if he would have given a rats ass about what is or is not in a platform. Are you of the opinion that he was telling the Romans what to do?

Jesus was not known for his political activity, but whether one is talking about the biblical Jesus, the historical Jesus, or the mythical Jesus, he was defined by his outreach to the poor and disadvantaged. He walked among them. He was known for his mercy and grace. Money did not dictate his life.

Jesus was indeed a liberal.

The story of Jesus is the story of Hercules .. told long before there was a Jesus .. complete with a resurrection..

Jesus and God are composites of many deities that came long before them.

Religion and facts are like oil and water.

Wow, I was tired last night, I hit the groan button.

What I find amusing, is that the non-believers say they don't believe in God; but yet they want to trot out Jesus as an example, every time it's convenient for them. :D

Now; that's hypocrisy, at it's finest.

Jesus is a metaphor .. and the bible is best read metaphorically, then literally.

I don't believe in Santa Claus either, but children can learn from the metaphor.

are you referring to the board slanderer?.....what kind of Karma should she have?.....

From the Dhammapada, in the first book, called "The Pairs" or "The Twin Verses"...

3. 'He abused me, he beat me, he defeated me, he robbed me,'--in those who harbour such thoughts hatred will never cease.

4. 'He abused me, he beat me, he defeated me, he robbed me,'--in those who do not harbour such thoughts hatred will cease.

Let her karma follow her, live well, prosper, and ignore. This is the best revenge.

Wow, I was tired last night, I hit the groan button.

I had to read what I wrote over a couple of times to see where I went wrong.

I'm thinking, if I got a groan from Rana, I must have said something really stupid.

No problem my friend :0)

Jesus is a metaphor .. and the bible is best read metaphorically, then literally.

I don't believe in Santa Claus either, but children can learn from the metaphor.

Absolutely, the archetype, Jesus being the Hero, the Suffering Hero. It is an old story. There was Moses before Jesus, in the Judaeo/Christian tradition.

With all due respect, you just demonstrated exactly what I mean.[Really?]

Jesus didn't involve himself in politics [therefore, he wouldn't have been a liberal!] and I doubt if he would have given a rats ass about what is or is not in a platform. [therefore, he wouldn't have been a liberal!] Are you of the opinion that he was telling the Romans what to do?

Jesus was not known for his political activity, [therefore, he wouldn't have been a liberal!] but whether one is talking about the biblical Jesus, the historical Jesus, or the mythical Jesus, he was defined by his outreach [therefore, he wouldn't have been a liberal!] to the poor and disadvantaged. He walked among them. [therefore, he wouldn't have been a liberal!] He was known for his mercy and grace. [therefore, he wouldn't have been a liberal!] Money did not dictate his life. [therefore, he wouldn't have been a liberal!]

Jesus was indeed a liberal. [THUD! WHAT???]

Jesus would not have been a Liberal. In fact, he would have probably kicked over their tables at the DNC and raised hell.

It sounded to me like the "nays" had that vote and that the platform should remain as it was without God or Jerusalem...

Does anybody find it the least bit interesting that at least half (by the way it sounded) of the Convention denied God three times?

It sounded to me like the "nays" had that vote and that the platform should remain as it was without God or Jerusalem...

Does anybody find it the least bit interesting that at least half (by the way it sounded) of the Convention denied God three times?

Denied Christ 3 Times? Hmm.. it's almost "Biblical" isn't it?

Bawhahahaha, good one!

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

OH, WAIT; I forgot.
Your proof, regarding Jesus, is....................what?

Absolutely, the archetype, Jesus being the Hero, the Suffering Hero. It is an old story. There was Moses before Jesus, in the Judaeo/Christian tradition.

ironically, in Christian theology it is called the Suffering Servant, not hero.....

Back