Republican Slime

Because you repuse to consider anything else in your calculations. You see no problem with being dependant on an enemy nation, which is builiding it's military to defeat us as we speak. HOW has this occurred? Too much family ties and fantasizing about a nubile michael p. keaton?

My viewpoint considers all things, trade, human rights, national security, stabilizing the world markets, and what would be best for all these things. I don't understand how trade equates to dependence, we don't have to buy $2 widgets from China. This discussion has nothing to do with 80's sitcoms, sorry. I am not going to keep playing these liberal exaggeration games with you, if you want to have a rational discussion on topic, we can do that. Let's leave Micheal P. Keaton out of this, mmk?

Market stability is actually a secondary concern of mine. Your program rewards cruelty. You can call that "an opportunity to afford to create a base for possible change" or watever, but it's shyte-minded.

It's not a "program" and it's not "mine". It is official US trade policy, and it was signed into law by a democrat president over a decade ago. Trading with China is not a reward to them for being cruel to their people, as much as you want to make it that. Look... If you made widgets for $2, and could sell your widgets as fast as you could make them to the Europeans, and I come along and agree to buy some of your widgets... are you being rewarded by me? How so? You would have sold your widgets anyway, I am not going to pay you more for them than the Europeans. $2 in China's pocket, is $2 in China's pocket, regardless of the source. So, there is no "reward" here, the Chinese are not really 'gaining' anything from trade with the US, they will still produce and sell the same amount of products, just some of them will go to the US market now.

The last part of my statement, which you butchered, is regarding the logical fact of having leverage in negotiation. I refer back to my car wash example, and looking outside, I don't see that my car has been washed by you, what gives? How come you haven't yet washed my car? Could it be, you have no motivation to do so? Could it be, I have nothing to leverage you with? Now, I can sit here bitching at you all day and all night, and I will bet, my car will still be dirty in the morning. I can call you all kinds of names, put you on ignore, refuse to ever speak to you again, and I bet my car will still be dirty in the morning.... Why? Again, because I have no leverage, nothing to motivate you to do as I wish. If you understood I had a $10,000 paycheck with your name on it, and it was completely up to me if you got it, I think you might be a little more open to coming and washing my car, don't you?

You're the true liberal pinhead.

This is too funny to even respond to!

You keep repeating the same thing. YOu keep repeating your trade arguments which are valid to a degree, but you apply them in an extreme fashion and factor no other considerations into policy.

I keep repeating the same thing because you aren't listening, and you keep repeating the same things. The trade arguments are important, since we are discussing... well... trade! They are not my only point, and I have clearly outlined how trade and diplomacy can eventually lead to change and reform in the human rights policies of China. We've also touched on national security, and my argument considers this as well, we are substantially better off and in a better place, as a strong allied trade partner with China, as opposed to snubbing them and refusing to do business. Look around, not very many countries go to war with each other, when they are involved in multi-billion dollar trade deals.

So, as you can see, my argument factors in all the considerations. Across the board, it is better for the US to be a trade partner with China, than for the US to stick its head in the sand and ignore China. We stand a better chance of changing the human rights conditions, we stand a better chance in stabilizing world markets, we are less likely to be attacked and have war declared on us by pissed off Chinese. Whatever your "issue" is, we are better off being on friendly diplomatic terms and trading with China.

Not forget, just not reward the totalitarians with billions in trade. Why can't you see the abject stupidity of your actions?

Again, agreeing to buy your products and sell you mine, is not a reward. You continue to act like the US is giving China something by trading with them. China doesn't care if we trade with them or not! If we don't, someone else will, and they know that. I don't see the abject stupidity of US trade policy signed into law by president Clinton, and supported by most economic consultants, and I don't see where you have shown it to be such. If we don't trade with China, and we have no economic mutual interest, and no leverage, how are we going to effect any change in China? Is this not paramount to "forgetting" about the problems in China?

The UN should be disbanded. And honestly, highlighting clinton's support for the chinese doesn't sweeten the deal. Im not REALLY a liberal, that's just the only compartment your feeble mind possesses to slot me into it.

Well... this bodes even worse for your idea. Who is supposed to make China stop abusing its people? Where is the political pressure going to come from, if not the isolated US, or the UN? Do you suppose we could bribe the Russians into pressuring China? HA! Right! I keep mentioning Clinton because he signed the MFN treaty with China, and you continue to rant like a lunatic about the evil neocon plot to form a NWO. This trade with China issue has been around a long time, and it has both republican and democrat fingerprints on it. You keep wanting to make it a 'Bush and the Neocons' thing, and it simply isn't.

I know you don't want people to think you are a liberal, you have done a fairly good job of masquerading as something else, but you continue to resort to classic liberal debate tactics. I'm merely trying to help you by pointing out the transparency. If you are going to try to fool people, you should at least try to avoid typical liberal tactics of debate, that is a dead give away!

You're living in fantasy land.

Well, I am there with the world's leading economists, former presidents, the WTO, and a few billion Chinese! Meanwhile, you look stunning in your tin foil hat, standing with the liberal nut jobs of the world.

Your approach should be abandoned, because empowering enemies TO THIS EXTENT is never wise. Im not saying we should return to autarky. Look it up.

And how exactly is trading with the #2 superpower of the world, "empowering" them? It seems to me, they are already empowered, or at least to the extent of being #2 behind us. I don't need to look up your pinhead word, you endorse not trading with China, and further isolating ourselves from them, which will never lead to negotiation of any kind, and will never do a damn thing to end the human rights abuses in China. You have refused to articulate how isolationism and ignoring the problem, is ever going to fix it. You can't even explain a logical theory on how this works, because any one with an ounce of brains can figure out, it won't work, you can't effect a change by disengaging, which is what you propose.

the only point I have EVER made was that Dixie, the word nazi, suggested that FEFUDIATE was a word, and I made fun of that pompous prick for that error..... I am not wrong about anything in this matter. I never once suggested that repudiate was the most appropriate word to be used..... I only pointed out Dixie's error.... and you come running to his defense.... if you think that makes me look like an ass.... I really could care less. It may not make you look like an ASS necessarily....more like Dixie's secret gay lover coming to his defense.... ;)

Uh, maineman and I know what these words mean.

It was dixie who made the mistake, while trying to be a spelling nazi. Did you mean to post this below dixie's post, rather than mine or MMs?
No, I was specifically answering to the assertion that I took Dixie's side. I did not. I said he was wrong along with the others who asserted that AssHat wanted to say repudiate instead of refute.

If you knew what refute meant then why did you insist that repudiate was the proper word in this case? Clearly, by context, AssHat meant to say "refute" and not "repudiate".

If he actually meant "repudiate" then there is no reason to argue as all he will do is say "You are wrong" with nothing to back up that statement.

I don't even know what your talking about damo. I never even read asshats post.

I just laughed my ass off when dixie said "the word is refudiate...NOT repudiate!"

I don't even know what your talking about damo. I never even read asshats post.

I just laughed my ass off when dixie said "the word is refudiate...NOT repudiate!"
Okay, then don't include yourself among those who were insisting that repudiate was the correct word in this context...

I'm cool with that.

Refudiate is not a word.

You are correct, I was wrong, I stand corrected.

Repudiate is to reject, not to prove wrong.

Which was used in proper context by AssHat, as this describes his ranting accurately.

Refute is to prove wrong with valid answers to a point.

Which is what AssHat didn't do, and what I have repeatedly asked him to do.

Now, which word do you think he wanted to use?

I meant to use "refute", and should have used it. Instead, I relied on the Google spellcheck to know what it was talking about... believe it or not, it says 'refudiate' is a word.

But seriously now... what was all of this about? Did it pertain to the subject at hand? Did it have anything to do with the topic of discussion? No, it was a cute little diversionary 'gotchya' played by people with no credibility and no integrity, in order to derail the conversation.

(Take note AssHat... this is how liberals always debate!)

Okay, then don't include yourself among those who were insisting that repudiate was the correct word in this context...

I'm cool with that.

What are you talking about? Are you drunk this morning? I never insisted "repudiate" was the right word in the context. I never even read asshats post, and have no clue what the context was.

I made fun of Dixie, for being a spelling nazi and claiming refudiate is an actual word.

What are you talking about? Are you drunk this morning? I never insisted "repudiate" was the right word in the context. I never even read asshats post, and have no clue what the context was.

I made fun of Dixie, for being a spelling nazi and claiming refudiate is an actual word.
Once again, then don't assume that I am speaking of you. I read post after post stating that repudiated is the word that Dixie meant, but it isn't. Dixie meant to use refuted when correcting AssHat's assertion that he had "repudiated" Dixies points.

Once again, then don't assume that I am speaking of you. I read post after post stating that repudiated is the word that Dixie meant, but it isn't. Dixie meant to use refuted when correcting AssHat's assertion that he had "repudiated" Dixies points.

I read post after post stating that repudiated is the word that Dixie meant, but it isn't.

Show me where I or MM said this.

I'm quite sure I simply made fun of Dixie's claim that "refudiate" was an actual word. That's all.

Show me (or MM), where I made any claim as to what actual word should be used in the "context" of an asshat post I never even read.

Refudiate is not a word.

Which was used in proper context by AssHat, as this describes his ranting accurately.

I meant to use "refute", and should have used it. Instead, I relied on the Google spellcheck to know what it was talking about... believe it or not, it says 'refudiate' is a word.

But seriously now... what was all of this about? Did it pertain to the subject at hand? Did it have anything to do with the topic of discussion? No, it was a cute little diversionary 'gotchya' played by people with no credibility and no integrity, in order to derail the conversation.

]Refudiate is not a word.

You are correct, I was wrong, I stand corrected

Thanks Dixie.

How about admitting you were wrong on how Obama pronounced the word presumptuousness? I gave you the audio link; its quite easy for you to verify.

Dixie, after your disasterous foray into the world of spelling and pronunciation fascism, if I were you I'd never criticize someone else's grammar or spelling ever again.

The word is repudiate....NOT refudiate.

And Obama correctly pronounced the word presumptuousness....it wasn't presumptioness.

I have bolded the salient part of your statement that unequivocally states that the word he meant was "repudiate".

- He did not, in the context of his statements he meant refute.

I read post after post stating that repudiated is the word that Dixie meant, but it isn't.

Show me where I or MM said this.

I'm quite sure I simply made fun of Dixie's claim that "refudiate" was an actual word. That's all.

Show me (or MM), where I made any claim as to what actual word should be used in the "context" of an asshat post I never even read.

Now, I was willing to let you go on this and gave you an out, but you insisted.

I have bolded the salient part of your statement that unequivocally states that the word he meant was "repudiate".

- He did not, in the context of his statements he meant refute.

Now, I was willing to let you go on this and gave you an out, but you insisted.

This is sad Damo.

Even Dixie understood that MM was refering to the fact that refudiate is not an actual word. He issued a retraction, based on MM's statement that you bolded.

If even Dixie understood this, why are you insisting on trying to twist and wordsmith, to defend Dixie?

The word is repudiate....NOT refudiate.

said, I think, in the sense that repudiate IS a word, where refudiate is not

This is sad Damo.

Even Dixie understood that MM was refering to the fact that refudiate is not an actual word. He issued a retraction, based on MM's statement that you bolded.

If even Dixie understood this, why are you insisting on trying to twist and wordsmith, to defend Dixie?

Originally Posted by Dixie

Refudiate is not a word.

Refudiate is not a word.

so you can be a word nazi, but liberals cannot?

This is sad Damo.

The statement I bolded was yours Cypress, not Maineman's. You are again attempting to deflect. You stated what the word was. It was an unequivocal statement. It was wrong. What is up with you today? Are you drunk? I found it hilarious that in your correction you actually used the wrong word. I still think it is hilarious. Even more so as you keep insisting you didn't do what you did. You tried to out-nazi, and you made the exact same mistake!

;)

Now, I will speak to maineman. I was simply stating that you were wrong, I did not take Dixie's side, while answering this as well.

But according to Cypress, he can say, "The correct word is repudiate!" and not actually mean that the correct word is repudiate.

Dixie admitted he used the wrong word, so it seems to me... Dixie admits when he is wrong. Now will you do the same?

The statement I bolded was yours Cypress, not Maineman's. You are again attempting to deflect. You stated what the word was. It was an unequivocal statement. It was wrong. What is up with you today? Are you drunk? I found it hilarious that in your correction you actually used the wrong word. I still think it is hilarious. Even more so as you keep insisting you didn't do what you did. You tried to out-nazi, and you made the exact same mistake!

;)

Why are you lying?

"The word is repudiate, not refudiate" was what I cut and pasted from MM's post - they weren't my words.

And you have yet to explain, how come it is that Dixie himeself understood maimain and I were pointing out the "refudiate" is not an actual word - but for some odd reason, you are still trying to defend dixie by wordsmithing and lying.

Back