Republican Slime

Damo: And you have yet to explain, how come it is that Dixie himeself understood maimain and I were pointing out the "refudiate" is not an actual word - but for some odd reason, you are still trying to defend dixie by wordsmithing and lying.[/

They did not have quote marks... They did not have a quote box.... How was I to determine that they were supposedly cut and pasted from maineman's post?

I bolded it, not you. There is nothing to point to this supposed assertion that you quoted it from maineman's post.

still waiting:

Damo: And you have yet to explain, how come it is that Dixie himeself understood maimain and I were pointing out the "refudiate" is not an actual word - but for some odd reason, you are still trying to defend dixie by wordsmithing and lying.[/

I am not defending anybody. I am making a positive assertion that you are wrong. That Dixie was wrong is a correct statement, even he admitted to it. That your insistence that your assertion that the word is "repudiate", when clearly in context it is not, in your own post which I have quoted and provided a link to in the quote (ever notice the site does that?)...

Dixie can admit when he is wrong, you seem unable. You asked me to post where either YOU or MAINEMAN stated unequivocally that the word was repudiate.

I provided the quote. Now man up and admit your mistake. This has nothing to do with Dixie and everything to do with the fact that you tried to out-nazi and made the exact same mistake as the other.

Whatever.

Dixie himself, Maineman, and I were all clear on what was being talked about - whether or not "refudiate" was an actual word or not.....

....But, Damo has some other theory about what we were talking about.

LOL

Whatever.

Dixie himself, Maineman, and I were all clear on what was being talked about - whether or not "refudiate" was an actual word or not.....

....But, Damo has some other theory about what we were talking about.

LOL
It isn't theory, it is a direct quote where you stated that the word was "repudiate and not refudiate". Now Mr. Don't-Be-A-Bad-Nazi, are you going to read your own statement, taken in context, with a bold added by myself, and either man up and admit you made a mistake in your assertion as to what was right, or are you going to act like you suppose Dixie does and ignore it and pretend your mistake never happened?

Add a few LOLs, it might make people believe you.

this is silly Damo.

The only thing that matters is that Dixie himself recognized that were were laughing, because "refudiate" is not an actual word. "Repudiate" is an actual word.

If Dixie understands that, but you still can't, I'm not going to try to help you out. If you simply want to gallop in on your horse to rescue dixie, that's your choice. Dixie already understood what we meant

Prissy, I am sorry, but the title of this thread, and the debate within, has nothing to do with the argument over whether or not "refudiate" is a word. You and Maineperv brought that up, no one else, and it has already been granted that you are correct about it not being a word, and I am incorrect, I admitted my error and have not argued that "refudiate" is a word, so I don't understand why you think you need to continue to claim I am arguing about it. I understand you wish to make this my argument, because you clearly see where you can win that argument, and it just tickles your nuts to finally win an argument with me, but really... there is no argument here. I agree, 'refudiate' is not a word, and I was incorrect. Can we now get back to what we were discussing? Or are you simply intent on destroying the integrity of the conversation by focusing on minutia and pointless rhetorical bluster?

It isn't theory, it is a direct quote where you stated that the word was "repudiate and not refudiate". Now Mr. Don't-Be-A-Bad-Nazi, are you going to read your own statement, taken in context, with a bold added by myself, and either man up and admit you made a mistake in your assertion as to what was right, or are you going to act like you suppose Dixie does and ignore it and pretend your mistake never happened?

Add a few LOLs, it might make people believe you.

I never read asshats post, and I never suggested what the "right" word for the context was.

I suggest you address your concerns about which proper word to use (refute or repudiate), to asshat himself. I've never read a single one of his posts. So, I can't and never have judged any of his posts.

As I told you twenty posts ago, I simply laughed at the fact that dixie thought "refudiate" was an actual word, and that "repudiate" wasn't an acutal word.

Prissy, I am sorry, but the title of this thread, and the debate within, has nothing to do with the argument over whether or not "refudiate" is a word. You and Maineperv brought that up, no one else, and it has already been granted that you are correct about it not being a word, and I am incorrect, I admitted my error and have not argued that "refudiate" is a word, so I don't understand why you think you need to continue to claim I am arguing about it. I understand you wish to make this my argument, because you clearly see where you can win that argument, and it just tickles your nuts to finally win an argument with me, but really... there is no argument here. I agree, 'refudiate' is not a word, and I was incorrect. Can we now get back to what we were discussing? Or are you simply intent on destroying the integrity of the conversation by focusing on minutia and pointless rhetorical bluster?

I appreciate that you admitted that "refudiate" was NOT an acutual word.

Will you retract your statement about Obama's alleged mispronunciation of a word?

this is silly Damo.

The only thing that matters is that Dixie himself recognized that were were laughing, because "refudiate" is not an actual word. "Repudiate" is an actual word.

If Dixie understands that, but you still can't, I'm not going to try to help you out. If you simply want to gallop in on your horse to rescue dixie, that's your choice. Dixie already understood what we meant
Of course it is silly. I find it incredibly funny that while attempting to make fun of somebody for being a grammar nazi, you made a statement that was equally incorrect and was exactly the same mistake is very silly.

And hilarious.

I never read asshats post, and I never suggested what the "right" word for the context was.

I suggest you address your concerns about which proper word to use (refute or repudiate), to asshat himself. I've never read a single one of his posts. So, I can't and never have judged any of his posts.

As I told you twenty posts ago, I simply laughed at the fact that dixie thought "refudiate" was an actual word, and that "repudiate" wasn't an acutal word.
No, you insisted that the "right" word was refudiate when speaking to Dixie's remark. I read it, I quoted it, and the site actually provides a link to it when you quote it. So, when attempting to correct Dixie with an actual word, you ended up giving him the wrong word. Then later both of them started using that wrong word in their remarks.

I find it hilarious. I will continue to find it hilarious. Especially since you keep insisting Dixie admit to "this" or "that" but won't do it yourself!

:D

You're being silly damo.

If you want to think "refudiate" is a real word, go right ahead.

Dixie, Maineman, and I disgree with you. Refudiate is not a real word.

damo...tell me what I am supposed to have said or done that I need to admit was in error and I will gladly admit it. I must admit that this whole thread is getting so convoluted that refudiatin' anything is pretty hard at this point.

You're being silly damo.

If you want to think "refudiate" is a real word, go right ahead.

Dixie, Maineman, and I disgree with you. Refudiate is not a real word.

Now you are being disingenuous. I have stated unequivocally that refudiate is not a word. I then corrected you in your insistence on what the word is that was totally incorrect and would be the wrong word in context.

I know that refudiate is not a real word, and in fact in my very first post on this subject stated so. So your strawman is more than silly, it is totally and unequivocally a lie as to what I have stated here.

You asked me to provide proof that you were insisting that the "right" word was repudiate. I provided that evidence with a direct link to your post where you mockingly informed Dixie that the "word is (emphasis mine) repudiate" when I have clearly shown, and Dixie has also admitted that it was not the word you insisted was the correct one.

So, you are attributing directly the opposite to what I said to me. That is outright lying about what I posted.

No, you insisted that the "right" word was refudiate when speaking to Dixie's remark. I read it, I quoted it, and the site actually provides a link to it when you quote it. So, when attempting to correct Dixie with an actual word, you ended up giving him the wrong word. Then later both of them started using that wrong word in their remarks.

I find it hilarious. I will continue to find it hilarious. Especially since you keep insisting Dixie admit to "this" or "that" but won't do it yourself!

:D

to save this one from being washed away by an edit ;)

No, you insisted that the "right" word was refudiate when speaking to Dixie's remark. I read it, I quoted it, and the site actually provides a link to it when you quote it. So, when attempting to correct Dixie with an actual word, you ended up giving him the wrong word.

Are you deliberately dense? Or just lying?

Refudiate is not a word. The correct, "right" spelling of that word would be repudiate.

Again, if you have an issue as to whether Asshat should have used the word "refute" or "repudiate" in HIS post, TAKE THAT UP WITH HIM. I have never read a single post by Asshat, so I don't have a clue what "context" you're talking about"

to save this one from being washed away by an edit ;)
Ahh... A mistype. I see. You are being totally disingenuous. I provided a link to what I have been arguing here. Cypress insisted the right word was "repudiate", I have shown that to be wrong.

No, you insisted that the "right" word was refudiate when speaking to Dixie's remark. I read it, I quoted it, and the site actually provides a link to it when you quote it. So, when attempting to correct Dixie with an actual word, you ended up giving him the wrong word.

Are you deliberately dense? Or just lying?

Refudiate is not a word. The correct, "right" spelling of that word would be repudiate.

Again, if you have an issue as to whether Asshat should have used the word "refute" or "repudiate" in HIS post, TAKE THAT UP WITH HIM. I have never read a single post by Asshat, so I don't have a clue what "context" you're talking about"

You are being deliberately obtuse here. I have stated.

I'll separate it here so you can read the statement by itself....

You told Dixie, in the post I quoted above, that the word "is repudiate and not refudiate". So AssHat's post is not needed here. In Dixie's post it is clear he meant refute not refudiate, and definitely not repudiate. So you were wrong in your "correcting". I find it hilarious.

Now, worrying about what AssHat has posted is not the argument, attempting to deflect from teh fact you made a direct mistake in your "corrective" post where you mockingly told DIXIE (notice the poster you were correcting here, not ASSHAT, but DIXIE) that the word IS repudiate and not refudiate....

That is what I am speaking to here. Pretending I am speaking to AssHat's post at this time is directly being obtuse and deliberately being 'dense'.

Back