Republicans... Who do you think will run if Trump is convicted on any charge?....

A few problems with that.

First you would need congress to enact it which they won't do.

Secondly the disqualification clause only applies to current and former federal officials, state officials, and military officials.

The president isn't listed meaning you would need to go to the Supreme Court or get 2/3 of the states to amend the amendment.

Thirdly, none of that will happen before the election takes place.

Fourth, you would have to convict Trump of an insurrection and there aren't even any charges yet.

It would take years to resolve.

It looks very doable to me.

Not before the election.

Actually never.

The Supreme Court would never sign off on this except for the three idiots on there and it's damn near impossible to amend the constitution so it will not happen.

SCOTUS has been threatened constantly, and is currently composed with mostly low quality people....they will do as they are told.

SCOTUS has been threatened constantly, and is currently composed with mostly low quality people....they will do as they are told.

Doubtful.

Scotus is the highest position in our nation, even greater than the president, they don't bow to anyone.

They don't have to, there is no risk to them, they don't run for reelection and can't be overruled.

Doubtful.

Scotus is the highest position in our nation, even greater than the president, they don't bow to anyone.

They don't have to, there is no risk to them, they don't run for reelection and can't be overruled.

SCOTUS is not a body of law anymore than schools are intended to be a place of education anymore.......they are indoctrination centers for the WOKE Suicide Cult.....SCOTUS is now a second ledg......and it is comprised of far from the best humans for the most part.

You brain is in an America which no longer exists.

SCOTUS is not a body of law anymore than schools are intended to be a place of education anymore.......they are indoctrination centers for the WOKE Suicide Cult.....SCOTUS is now a second ledg......and it is comprised of far from the best humans for the most part.

You brain is in an America which no longer exists.

If you knew history you would know that America never existed.

No society has ever been pure.

Humans are not capable of that but some of us do the best we can do.

Do you think the Trump campaign will survive any conviction of any of these charges? What if he's convicted of election tampering for putting forward false electors in the January 6th fiasco, for example? Would you expect him to be replaced on the ticket if he somehow had been selected to be the candidate before his conviction?

Is there any conviction that would be enough to make you demand he walk away from the race?
None.

I'm not a Republican, but I know the answer. Trump will run. Nothing will sway the cult. Jim Jones has nothing on Trump.

It isn't a cult. I simply know that any 'conviction' is nothing but trying to burn the witch. It is nothing but political imprisonment.

1) I know this is an open thread but Desh responding to a question directed at Republicans might be peak JPP

2) I am curious what others on the right here think

3) Anecdotal but I read a college football board that often discusses politics and this board was full of #MAGAs base. Many of these folks are over Trump and supporting DeSantis. The ones that do support Trump are pretty much all-in.

Is that why DeSantis is scoring so low in the polls?

Back