Republicans... Who do you think will run if Trump is convicted on any charge?....

He would have to get the nomination. He does not decide that. The primaries prevent him from running, if he cannot win them.

But if the primaries are interfered with where he can't campaign because of courts repeatedly forcing his appearance, it would be taken as election interference. That is it very likely will be seen by many, possibly even a majority, of The courts are trying to keep Trump from being the nominated candidate. It's better for the justice system to let the election play out without interference, then try him once things are done.

Yes, there is some possibility that Trump could be nominated and then elected, but that's small beans compared to the courts being seen as a source of election interference.

Do you think the Trump campaign will survive any conviction of any of these charges? What if he's convicted of election tampering for putting forward false electors in the January 6th fiasco, for example? Would you expect him to be replaced on the ticket if he somehow had been selected to be the candidate before his conviction?
Don't care; still voting for Trump.

Is there any conviction that would be enough to make you demand he walk away from the race?
No, and none of the other 'professionally Republican stooges' have any chance in hell at receiving my vote either. 2024 is a "big ugly" inflection point, and I'm done with the bullshit. It's Trump 2024 or bust.

But if the primaries are interfered with where he can't campaign because of courts repeatedly forcing his appearance, it would be taken as election interference. That is it very likely will be seen by many, possibly even a majority, of The courts are trying to keep Trump from being the nominated candidate. It's better for the justice system to let the election play out without interference, then try him once things are done.

Yes, there is some possibility that Trump could be nominated and then elected, but that's small beans compared to the courts being seen as a source of election interference.

You are as goofy as Trump is. An election does not give you a right to escape charges for crimes. I suppose if he shot Melania on 5th Avenue, you would say do nothing until he gets out of office,\ Then we can debate self-pardoning until he dies. There is nothing in elections that puts you above the law. I suppose if he shot Desantis in a debate, you would give him a pass.

You are as goofy as Trump is. An election does not give you a right to escape charges for crimes. I suppose if he shot Melania on 5th Avenue, you would say do nothing until he gets out of office,\ Then we can debate self-pardoning until he dies. There is nothing in elections that puts you above the law. I suppose if he shot Desantis in a debate, you would give him a pass.

Hey Nordbutt,

He's not talking about trying to escape charges for crimes. Neither Trump nor DeSantis ever shot anyone.

Illiteracy: Invalid use of backslash. DeSantis is a French name. The 'S' is capitalized. The 'De' means 'of' as in 'son of', just like 'Mac' in English. Invalid connective.
Logic errors: Insult fallacies. Pivot fallacy. Attempted proof by contrivance.

I think that DeSantis/Scott would be unbeatable. I would love to see that ticket.

I really hate DeSantis punishing Disney for free speech and a business decision
, but I agree they would be hard to beat.

Republicans love government punishing business for a political disagreement

Back