Republicans... Who do you think will run if Trump is convicted on any charge?....

Do you think the Trump campaign will survive any conviction of any of these charges? What if he's convicted of election tampering for putting forward false electors in the January 6th fiasco, for example? Would you expect him to be replaced on the ticket if he somehow had been selected to be the candidate before his conviction?

Is there any conviction that would be enough to make you demand he walk away from the race?

Damo, all hell breaks loose if Trump doesn't run.

There are about a dozen people running in the Repub primary. They calculate that Trump cannot escape justice. They are not going through all that for nothing.

Trump.

There is nothing preventing him from running if convicted. What would be hilarious is he wins...
He (and he alone) has my vote for President no matter what phony charges are thrown his way.

The bullshit ends here. Trump 2024 or bust. Liberals are already starting civil war regardless.

Don't care; still voting for Trump.

No, and none of the other 'professionally Republican stooges' have any chance in hell at receiving my vote either. 2024 is a "big ugly" inflection point, and I'm done with the bullshit. It's Trump 2024 or bust.

I hear you. I disagree, but I hear you. When it comes to Presidents you should go with who you think will win. At this time DeSantis still has my vote. Trump has not shown he has a plan to overcome the shenanigans that lost him the last election, and we already know he didn't have a plan to overcome it then.

DeSantis already has a plan to get a ground game moving and making sure that folks are gathering ballots in the states that allow it, Trump spent his time telling folks not to vote early, which is a terrible plan for overcoming that ground game deficit.

I really hate DeSantis punishing Disney for free speech and a business decision
, but I agree they would be hard to beat.

Republicans love government punishing business for a political disagreement

I dislike that as well, but nobody is ever perfect, unless you don't care about policy and only vote party. I've never been that guy though.

That bad message about business is not enough to overcome his positives. This man was so positive, in a state full of democrats like you in the major citiies he won by nearly 20% of that vote, he won in cities that no republican has won in ages. That would be near impossible to overcome, he needs to get that going outside Florida. If he can't, then republicans will be sitting there holding a bag of Trump/Whichever milquetoast candidate he picks that he think won't overshadow him.

I hear you. I disagree, but I hear you. When it comes to Presidents you should go with who you think will win. At this time DeSantis still has my vote. Trump has not shown he has a plan to overcome the shenanigans that lost him the last election, and we already know he didn't have a plan to overcome it then.

DeSantis already has a plan to get a ground game moving and making sure that folks are gathering ballots in the states that allow it, Trump spent his time telling folks not to vote early, which is a terrible plan for overcoming that ground game deficit.

You should vote for the person you think will make the best president and hope the majority of voters do as you. Do you think we should just vote according to the polls? Trump lost a fair and honest election as he should have.
Desantis is falling . He has no national footing.

I dislike that as well, but nobody is ever perfect, unless you don't care about policy and only vote party. I've never been that guy though.

That bad message about business is not enough to overcome his positives. This man was so positive, in a state full of democrats like you in the major citiies he won by nearly 20% of that vote, he won in cities that no republican has won in ages. That would be near impossible to overcome, he needs to get that going outside Florida. If he can't, then republicans will be sitting there holding a bag of Trump/Whichever milquetoast candidate he picks that he think won't overshadow him.

I guess I am that guy, the one who believes such authoritarian action is disqualifying.

I guess I am that guy, the one who believes such authoritarian action is disqualifying.

If that were true you would have gone into apoplexy when pResident Dementia Joe Brandon tried to create the "Department of Misinformation" to try to shut people up who disagreed with him. You are indeed "that guy", the one that votes for party regardless of overtly authoritarian actions, then pretends that "his" vote for that candidate is perfect.

Personally I know that every candidate is flawed, so I go with the one that will have the best overall policy regardless of the flaws. I know that leftist policy tends to lean to the authoritarian lately. Asking Disney to give up some government power it never should have had is not overwhelmingly "authoritarian" to me, unlike a Federal program designed to shut down opinions contrary to those of the current leadership.

1) I know this is an open thread but Desh responding to a question directed at Republicans might be peak JPP

2) I am curious what others on the right here think

3) Anecdotal but I read a college football board that often discusses politics and this board was full of #MAGAs base. Many of these folks are over Trump and supporting DeSantis. The ones that do support Trump are pretty much all-in.

The Trump Nazi is going to vote for trump or they are not going to vote at all.

I have long been thinking that it is likely that the 14th amendment will be used to prevent Trump from being a candidate, that it will not be up to either Trump or the people. .

Excellent, his base will be furious and blame republicans and not vote at all. In or out it makes no difference, Biden will get a second term. Republicans will sooner or latrer realize that the MAGA base aren't republicans, they are just assholes.

Excellent, his base will be furious and blame republicans and not vote at all. In or out it makes no difference, Biden will get a second term. Republicans will sooner or latrer realize that the MAGA base aren't republicans, they are just assholes.

Biden will be replaced, likely with Newsom

If that were true you would have gone into apoplexy when pResident Dementia Joe Brandon tried to create the "Department of Misinformation" to try to shut people up who disagreed with him. You are indeed "that guy", the one that votes for party regardless of overtly authoritarian actions, then pretends that "his" vote for that candidate is perfect.

Personally I know that every candidate is flawed, so I go with the one that will have the best overall policy regardless of the flaws. I know that leftist policy tends to lean to the authoritarian lately. Asking Disney to give up some government power it never should have had is not overwhelmingly "authoritarian" to me, unlike a Federal program designed to shut down opinions contrary to those of the current leadership.

You know nothing of the sort. Trump was not only the most authoritarian president in history, but if he got in again, he would be a Russian leader. He would purge and punish the opposition. He has an enemies list and he would punish them. He has stated would take over the FBI and SS.
You are absolutely wrong about authoritarianism. Trump is the most dangerous person we have had in American politics. He is a real threat to ending the American experiment. Biiden is not.

You know nothing of the sort. Trump was not only the most authoritarian president in history, but if he got in again, he would be a Russian leader. He would purge and punish the opposition. He has an enemies list and he would punish them. He has stated would take over the FBI and SS.
You are absolutely wrong about authoritarianism. Trump is the most dangerous person we have had in American politics. He is a real threat to ending the American experiment. Biiden is not.

You have fallen for the propaganda begun by Hillary, who had a problem with Russia and decided she would try to get you to believe that Trump was even more "Russia" than she was. She paid for a document saying stuff and from there we got the Russia, Russia, Russia insanity that we've dealt with the past six years. It is pure idiocy. While I don't like Trump and won't be voting for him, the idea that he would be a "Russian Leader" is pure idiocy based on your failure to discern political propaganda from reality.

The idea that a "Ministry of Propaganda" isn't directly using government power to stomp on the rights of Americans you disagree with is just you proving that I was right, that if you want to know what Democrats are doing you simply listen to what they say about the opposition. Authoritarianism is literally using government power to silence opposition... That's what the "Ministry of Misinformation" was trying to do.

Your absurd. "No! Trump did it, but not us!" is just nonsense babble, you may as well be the VP making more diarrhea type vowel movements in one of her speeches.

Back