Republicans... Who do you think will run if Trump is convicted on any charge?....

The reason there are so many people running for the red nomination is because they think it is very likely, Trump will not be running. Why spend all that money and do the work for nothing? They are smart enough to think it is a good chance someone else will get the nomination.

Trump is already running, dope.

A few problems with that.

First you would need congress to enact it which they won't do.

Secondly the disqualification clause only applies to current and former federal officials, state officials, and military officials.

The president isn't listed meaning you would need to go to the Supreme Court or get 2/3 of the states to amend the amendment.

Thirdly, none of that will happen before the election takes place.

Fourth, you would have to convict Trump of an insurrection and there aren't even any charges yet.

It would take years to resolve.

The Supreme Court cannot amend or change the Constitution in any way.

Doubtful.

Scotus is the highest position in our nation, even greater than the president, they don't bow to anyone.

They don't have to, there is no risk to them, they don't run for reelection and can't be overruled.

It is not greater than the President. It is not greater than Congress. The Supreme Court cannot write any law. They cannot interpret or change the Constitution. They can be overruled by either Congress or the States. They are not kings.

If you knew history you would know that America never existed.
America has always existed, since the continent was named that by Columbus's navigator.
No society has ever been pure.
It is not a society. It is a continent.
Humans are not capable of that but some of us do the best we can do.
Humans are quite capable. Remember humans created the United States. They built every town and city in it. They fought two world wars to protect it. They built the entire computer industry and network that you are using to make your comment.
'Purity' of society is a meaningless buzzword.

America has always existed, since the continent was named that by Columbus's navigator.

It is not a society. It is a continent.

Humans are quite capable. Remember humans created the United States. They built every town and city in it. They fought two world wars to protect it. They built the entire computer industry and network that you are using to make your comment.
'Purity' of society is a meaningless buzzword.

You are an idiot.

A map created in 1507 by Martin Waldseemüller was the first to depict this new continent with the name “America,” a Latinized version of “Amerigo.”

It is not greater than the President. It is not greater than Congress. The Supreme Court cannot write any law. They cannot interpret or change the Constitution. They can be overruled by either Congress or the States. They are not kings.

The president can't write any law, he cannot change the constitution and he can also be overruled by congress.

Plus he has term limits.

Want to rethink you argument dumbass?

You are an idiot.

A map created in 1507 by Martin Waldseemüller was the first to depict this new continent with the name “America,” a Latinized version of “Amerigo.”

Amerigo was the name of the navigator. The map did not name the continent. It simply documented it.
Insulting people gets you nowhere.

They interpret it.

They tell us what it means.

The Supreme Court has no authority to interpret the Constitution. See Article III. That have no authority to 'tell us what it means'.

False authority fallacy. The ONLY authoritative reference of the Constitution of the United States is the Constitution of the United States.

Do you think the Trump campaign will survive any conviction of any of these charges? What if he's convicted of election tampering for putting forward false electors in the January 6th fiasco, for example? Would you expect him to be replaced on the ticket if he somehow had been selected to be the candidate before his conviction?

Is there any conviction that would be enough to make you demand he walk away from the race?

I don't think it will be a matter of our choice......I think if he is convicted of any felony he would have to step down.....obviously though, none of the criminal trials will be heard before November, 2024.......even the left wll want to make sure of that, because they won't take the chance he is NOT found guilty.......THAT would insure his election...they want the possibility of conviction alive and well on election night(s).........

personally I think the indictments are all ill planned and shakey......90% of the legal theories are based on lib'rul pipe dreams and memes.....they have evidence of A and B, but no hope of proving that A led to B.......

Do you think the Trump campaign will survive any conviction of any of these charges? What if he's convicted of election tampering for putting forward false electors in the January 6th fiasco, for example? Would you expect him to be replaced on the ticket if he somehow had been selected to be the candidate before his conviction?

Is there any conviction that would be enough to make you demand he walk away from the race?

I suspect that he'll still run from Mar A Lago house arrest.
He already has half the documents there anyway, doesn't he?

You think Trump is the only Republican who can beat Biden?

(God help this country if that is the case. FWIW, DeSantis or Scott would wipe the floor with Biden. Trump = 4 more years of Biden)

Right now I’d love a DeSantis/Scott, DeSantis/Haley, Scott/Haley or any combination of the above. ABT for me.

Right now I’d love a DeSantis/Scott, DeSantis/Haley, Scott/Haley or any combination of the above. ABT for me.

That's our Rev talking!!!

Any one of those would make me puke, of course.
It's 50/50 as to whether Rev is serious or just provoking a reaction.
He does have a sense of humor, after all.

DeSantis is insane.
Scott is an Uncle Tom.
Haley is a button head bitch.

I think Harris/AOC might get us on the right track.
Harris could go just one term to groom AOC,
and then AOC could be our next FDR.

Biden deserves to rest after a lifetime of public service.

Perhaps the old Confederacy would secede again,
but this time we'll be smart enough to let them go.

I won't live to see America become that great, of course,
but I can dream!

Back