RNC hits Obama over Auschwitz claim, Obama camp responds

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/05/28/rnc-hits-obama-over-auschwitz-claim/

"In a statement released earlier Tuesday, Republican National Committee spokesman Alex Conant said Obama's comments "raise questions about his judgment and his readiness to lead as commander in chief.""

You have got to be fcking kidding me. The biggest bush apologist group in the world has the audacity to claim that a clear mistatement that was quickly addressed raises questions about his readiness to lead as commander in chief when they gave the world an idiot who can barely read?

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushisms2000.htm

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/05/28/rnc-hits-obama-over-auschwitz-claim/

"In a statement released earlier Tuesday, Republican National Committee spokesman Alex Conant said Obama's comments "raise questions about his judgment and his readiness to lead as commander in chief.""

You have got to be fcking kidding me. The biggest bush apologist group in the world has the audacity to claim that a clear mistatement that was quickly addressed raises questions about his readiness to lead as commander in chief when they gave the world an idiot who can barely read?

If you think reality and truth are going to play a big part in the upcoming election, you're in for a big surprise.

On the little "how to campaign against Obama" manual that they have put together, after you wade through the part on sitting for 20 years in the pews of a madman, they have "must attack Obama's judgment & readiness to be commander in chief." So, everything is addressed from that angle. It won't matter how small it is - we'll be hearing that phrase a lot.

On the little "how to campaign against Obama" manual that they have put together, after you wade through the part on sitting for 20 years in the pews of a madman, they have "must attack Obama's judgment & readiness to be commander in chief." So, everything is addressed from that angle. It won't matter how small it is - we'll be hearing that phrase a lot.

But seriously. That has to be the most hypocritical statement to come out of their collective mouths all month. Its like they are having a pissing contest of how disingenuous they can be.

Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton released a statement later Tuesday clarifying the remarks, saying the Illinois senator meant to refer to the Buchenwald camp, which American soldiers did liberate. Obama was also apparently referring to his great uncle, Charles Payne.

“Senator Obama’s family is proud of the service of his grandfather and uncles in World War II – especially the fact that his great uncle was a part of liberating one of the concentration camps at Buchenwald. Yesterday he mistakenly referred to Auschwitz instead of Buchenwald in telling of his personal experience of a soldier in his family who served heroically,” Burton said.

Unfortunately this type of comment from this Republican operative is not uncommon and it is a big part of what I hate about politics. I would love to see an interview where someone applies to be a spokesman for a politician. They probably ask you to say the stupidest stuff and see how well you can say it with a straight face. Do it well and you have yourself a job.

Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton released a statement later Tuesday clarifying the remarks, saying the Illinois senator meant to refer to the Buchenwald camp, which American soldiers did liberate. Obama was also apparently referring to his great uncle, Charles Payne.

“Senator Obama’s family is proud of the service of his grandfather and uncles in World War II – especially the fact that his great uncle was a part of liberating one of the concentration camps at Buchenwald. Yesterday he mistakenly referred to Auschwitz instead of Buchenwald in telling of his personal experience of a soldier in his family who served heroically,” Burton said.

Oh.....the horror.......a mistatement on camps that aren't even in English.

So he said Auschwitz instead of Buchenwald. Seems like no big deal, but, in 2000, Al Gore said he was at one forest fire with FEMA director, James Lee Witt, and it was actually a different forest fire he was at with the director, and the Bush camp turned that into more of Gore's "serial lying".

And the press took notes, transcribed them as directed, and went right along with it.

We'll see how much has changed. My guess is, it's only the net roots which have, but, they're strong enough now to put a stop to this narrative before it really takes hold.

We'll find out for sure though.

Unfortunately this type of comment from this Republican operative is not uncommon and it is a big part of what I hate about politics. I would love to see an interview where someone applies to be a spokesman for a politician. They probably ask you to say the stupidest stuff and see how well you can say it with a straight face. Do it well and you have yourself a job.

This is common, but unfortunately it wins elections.

This is common, but unfortunately it wins elections.

We will see it from today until election day. One camp will make a comment, the other camp will respond "this shows they are not qualified to lead our economy (or fill in the blank for whatever area it is)". It's like an insult to our intelligence.

Back