RNC hits Obama over Auschwitz claim, Obama camp responds

We will see it from today until election day. One camp will make a comment, the other camp will respond "this shows they are not qualified to lead our economy (or fill in the blank for whatever area it is)". It's like an insult to our intelligence.

Well, only some of our intelligence Cawacko.

Others of us, eat it up and ask for more.

Chap, did you want to add something here?

Maybe they can claim he said he invented the internet...

Ohhh, no they already used that on Al Gore.

maybe he was full of *&t about his grandmother 2 when he threw her under the buss as a racist.

#1) The story did happen. He mixed up the name of the camps. Even I'm willing to give Chimp a pass on sensible mistatements.

#2) Great uncle vs. uncle? Give me a break. That doesn't even register as a mistake.

Im gonna vote for obama only cause we most definitely need some change. But if he winds up being a dud ill be first in line to criticize him and toss him out of office in 2012. This is very important time in our history.

I was critical of Hillary when she lied about being under fire as well.

Well, only some of our intelligence Cawacko.

Others of us, eat it up and ask for more.

Chap, did you want to add something here?

Well since we most people will vote for McCain or Obama we are all pretty much exposed to it. Whether that has a role in why one votes for a candidate is for each individual to know.

On the little "how to campaign against Obama" manual that they have put together, after you wade through the part on sitting for 20 years in the pews of a madman, they have "must attack Obama's judgment & readiness to be commander in chief." So, everything is addressed from that angle. It won't matter how small it is - we'll be hearing that phrase a lot.
I guarantee you if McCain made the same gaff you'd all be on about his "Alzheimer's" and judgment... Because it appears that age seems to be the angle you want to work.

Im gonna vote for obama only cause we most definitely need some change. But if he winds up being a dud ill be first in line to criticize him and toss him out of office in 2012. This is very important time in our history.

I was critical of Hillary when she lied about being under fire as well.

He didn't lie Chap, anymore than Gore "lied" when he named a fire he accompanied the FEMA director to, and he named the wrong fire. If Gore had never been at any fire with the FEMA Director, that would have been a lie. If Obama's uncle had never been in WWII, that would have been a lie. Hillary never came under sniper fire, that was a lie. If she had said she came under sniper fire in Bosnia, and it ended up she was under sniper fire in the Sudan, that would not have been a lie, it would have been an obvious mistake that we all make mixing things up when we're tired or distracted.

You can't tell the difference between a lie and an honest mistatement of a name, then that is a problem for you.

He didn't lie Chap, anymore than Gore "lied" when he named a fire he accompanied the FEMA director to, and he named the wrong fire. If Gore had never been at any fire with the FEMA Director, that would have been a lie. If Obama's uncle had never been in WWII, that would have been a lie. Hillary never came under sniper fire, that was a lie. If she had said she came under sniper fire in Bosnia, and it ended up she was under sniper fire in the Sudan, that would not have been a lie, it would have been an obvious mistake that we all make mixing things up when we're tired or distracted.

You can't tell the difference between a lie and an honest mistatement of a name, then that is a problem for you.

i said he gets a pass. However its not a good sign when he cant remember simple facts about history such as it was the dirty russians who liberated Auschwitz. I know where my father, uncle, grandfathers, and greats all were stationed and served. Suprised he cant remember that.

Also why would he say uncle and not great uncle. Tho my half Italian half Irish wife tends to do the same crap calling everyone of her relatives her cousin. Most are like 2nd or 3rd.

i said he gets a pass. However its not a good sign when he cant remember simple facts about history such as it was the dirty russians who liberated Auschwitz. I know where my father, uncle, grandfathers, and greats all were stationed and served. Suprised he cant remember that.

Also why would he say uncle and not great uncle. Tho my half Italian half Irish wife tends to do the same crap calling everyone of her relatives her cousin. Most are like 2nd or 3rd.

That coming from a former Bush supporter?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/05/28/rnc-hits-obama-over-auschwitz-claim/

"In a statement released earlier Tuesday, Republican National Committee spokesman Alex Conant said Obama's comments "raise questions about his judgment and his readiness to lead as commander in chief.""

You have got to be fcking kidding me. The biggest bush apologist group in the world has the audacity to claim that a clear mistatement that was quickly addressed raises questions about his readiness to lead as commander in chief when they gave the world an idiot who can barely read?

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushisms2000.htm

This is just as dumb as the DNC running around with "McCain wants Iraq war for 100 years" crap.

I don't know about everyone else, but Auschwitz is going to be the first name to pop in my head if I start talking about the concentration camps. Clearly a simple slip of the tounge on Obamas part.

This is the crap that is going to eventually drive me insane. The sad part is that there are people dumb enough in the two parties to fall for this ploy by the RNC and the formerly mentioned one by the DNC.

#1) The story did happen. He mixed up the name of the camps. Even I'm willing to give Chimp a pass on sensible mistatements.

#2) Great uncle vs. uncle? Give me a break. That doesn't even register as a mistake.

It does if it is his great aunt talking about who she slept with....:eek:

Tho my half Italian half Irish wife tends to do the same crap calling everyone of her relatives her cousin. Most are like 2nd or 3rd.

I don't believe you, you are starting to sound like Obama, making up stories about your wife. I bet your wife isn't even Italian, she is probably from Kenya and you are too ashamed to admit she's black, you closet racist!

This is just as dumb as the DNC running around with "McCain wants Iraq war for 100 years" crap.

I don't know about everyone else, but Auschwitz is going to be the first name to pop in my head if I start talking about the concentration camps. Clearly a simple slip of the tounge on Obamas part.

This is the crap that is going to eventually drive me insane. The sad part is that there are people dumb enough in the two parties to fall for this ploy by the RNC and the formerly mentioned one by the DNC.

Someone from the RNC said "McCain wants Iraq war for 100 years"?

Back