RNC hits Obama over Auschwitz claim, Obama camp responds

yes, we are talking about INTENT precious. I am glad you understand that now. Please take a moment and pull the stick out of your ass... that will help get your panties out of a bunch.

Poor precious.

So.. SuperCandy, did you make a mistake and misuse quotes... Or should I do as Damo, and believe you had a different intent, an intent to mislead?

Yeah, that quotation thing you do goes beyond problematic grammar and into deliberate disingenuousness, which I have pointed out to you before. I think it’s a bad habit. Just some advice from your top-tiered poster. So it holds a little more weight than if it came from some marked-down remainder bin poster, say a “No mas, No mas” type like Superfreak?
That's why I try to remember to put (paraphrasing) in front of them. Or to use single quotes rather than full quotations.. 'like this' instead of "this way"...

I listen... Really, I do.

That's why I try to remember to put (paraphrasing) in front of them. Or to use single quotes rather than full quotations.. 'like this' instead of "this way"...

I listen... Really, I do.

I proceed quasi quotes with "something to the effect of....."

So.. SuperCandy, did you make a mistake and misuse quotes... Or should I do as Damo, and believe you had a different intent, an intent to mislead?

Damo belived that I intended to mislead because I cited incorrectly... Just this morning. I could take his position and belive you intend to mislead...

You "believed" that I made something up about Candy McCain's first name a couple weeks ago, merely because I could not find a place on the internet that illistrated what name she went by...

I can play the same game you two play.

Jarod - Kicking ass and taking names.

Well, to me quotes mean something, Bolding or italicising type gives it emphisis, quotes mean you are quoting someone. Maybe its the lawyer in me. If he admits that he accidently misused quotes I would accept that he was not trying to lie about what the DNC said.
Methinks you are being a grammar Nazi. I defend you against misspellings from those occasional spell freaks, I'll defend another poster from a grammar perfectionist.

There was no intent to mislead, with the exception of what you were attempting. It is ok precious. We understand you are upset.

Your precious DNC did exactly what I said they did. They deliberately twisted McCains words and implied that he wanted 100 years of war. They ran an AD campaign to that effect.

But don't fret precious.... we understand that you are going to continue to try and pretend they didn't.

Damo belived that I intended to mislead because I cited incorrectly... Just this morning. I could take his position and belive you intend to mislead...

You "believed" that I made something up about Candy McCain's first name a couple weeks ago, merely because I could not find a place on the internet that illistrated what name she went by...

I can play the same game you two play.

Jarod - Kicking ass and taking names.

The difference precious.... is that no one ever implied or suggested that Cindy McCains name was Candy. No one. Ever. Except for you... who "remembered" hearing it all the time. The DNC ran an AD campaign that deliberately twisted McCains comments to give the impression that he wanted 100 years of war. The link to that ad was provided to you. They did exactly what I said they did.

The fact that you want to pretend otherwise, is just.... well... precious.

There was no intent to mislead, with the exception of what you were attempting. It is ok precious. We understand you are upset.

Your precious DNC did exactly what I said they did. They deliberately twisted McCains words and implied that he wanted 100 years of war. They ran an AD campaign to that effect.

But don't fret precious.... we understand that you are going to continue to try and pretend they didn't.

I did not intend to miselad with Candy McCain or with my citing to Msnbc.com instead of the exact story... But you two claimed I did. I am merely throwing it back at you...

You cons get upset when that happens dont you? Start name calling and all.

So whats good for the Goose is not so good for the Gander is it!!!>?

I did not intend to miselad with Candy McCain or with my citing to Msnbc.com instead of the exact story... But you two claimed I did. I am merely throwing it back at you...

You cons get upset when that happens dont you? Start name calling and all.

So whats good for the Goose is not so good for the Gander is it!!!>?
As I said, he's trying to "get us back" for that other thread. It wasn't hard to see that from his first post seeking a "link". It's my bad for getting all election year paranoid.

As I said, he's trying to "get us back" for that other thread. It wasn't hard to see that from his first post seeking a "link". It's my bad for getting all election year paranoid.

I am not trying to "Get you back", I am pointing out the type of tacticts you two both use, but hate when they are turned and used against you.

I am not trying to "Get you back", I am pointing out the type of tacticts you two both use, but hate when they are turned and used against you.
LOL. The irony! :rolleyes:

Please, the man with the spelling problems starts getting grammar nazi? It was easy to see where you were going. It's like somebody with a shovel explaining how they were going to use it to dig...

Hence my "get us back" post waaaaay back in the thread.

The 'I'm not trying to get you back, I'm just trying to show you your own tactics...' is a confession, not an excuse.

LMAO. That was funny Dave.

Chap – I don’t know, but I’m half Irish and half Italian too, and we don’t use terms like “great-uncle”. You’re either an uncle, or you’re not in my family. The kind of people who would say “great-uncle” and have it fall off their tongue with ease, strike me as the same sort who would say “my auntie” instead “my ant” which is how we pronounce aunt where I am from.

In other other words, they sound like elitists. Some kind of stinking, arugula eating elitists all running around talking about their great-auntie muffies. You know what we half Italian, half Irish kids used to do those kids? We used to beat them up. Sometimes, we made them eat worms.

Well us British folks tend to use proper linage in our discussion of family... and I certainly don't call my aunt and ANT. By the way my great-auntie muffie is crazy and lives with 30 cats and is totally land poor with 500acres.

Obama is sounding like hillary making up stories now.
Absolutely not, this story checks out. Unlike Hillary's gaffes, this really IS a misstatement.

A personal favorite - "I was named for Sir Edmund Hillary."

Well us British folks tend to use proper linage in our discussion of family... and I certainly don't call my aunt and ANT. By the way my great-auntie muffie is crazy and lives with 30 cats and is totally land poor with 500acres.

LOL. You totally would have been eating worms at my school!

LOL. The irony! :rolleyes:

Please, the man with the spelling problems starts getting grammar nazi? It was easy to see where you were going. It's like somebody with a shovel explaining how they were going to use it to dig...

Hence my "get us back" post waaaaay back in the thread.

The 'I'm not trying to get you back, I'm just trying to show you your own tactics...' is a confession, not an excuse.

If you cant see the difference between a misspelling and admiting it and using quotes incorrectly and not admiting it, I cant help you.

If you cant see the difference between a misspelling and admiting it and using quotes incorrectly and not admiting it, I cant help you.
If you can't see the irony inherent in this statement then you are really residing in Obtuseland with deliberate candor.

Back