Roll Call...New Member On The Floor

I see. So, could someone please explain to me what is meant by a "sock?" Oh, and I was correct in my original observation, this is an interesting forum. Sounds like many of you have known each other for quite a while.

Sock, from a sock puppet, is a second (or third, 4th) screen name of a poster.

I see. this is my name as it appears on both my personal website and my twitter account with avatars and info to match and a first screen name for here and there and everywhere. What would be the utility or benefit of having four screen names for one forum anyway?

I see. this is my name as it appears on both my personal website and my twitter account with avatars and info to match and a first screen name for here and there and everywhere. What would be the utility or benefit of having four screen names for one forum anyway?

As a libertarian I'll leave that answer up to the individual.

I myself have one "sock": DamnYankee. I don't really have a reason for doing it aside from "what the hell, lets see where this goes..."

As a libertarian I'll leave that answer up to the individual.

I myself have one "sock": DamnYankee. I don't really have a reason for doing it aside from "what the hell, let's see where this goes..."

Interesting. Never saw the need personally but different strokes and all that. I thank you for the clarification. So, you're saying Damn Yankee is actually an alias you used and that Dark Soul is the authentic you?

Interesting. Never saw the need personally but different strokes and all that. I thank you for the clarification. So, you're saying Damn Yankee is actually an alias you used and that Dark Soul is the authentic you?

I started here long ago as Southern Man, changed that screen name to Damn Yankee, then briefly to a third name which I now forget, then to DamnYankee (no space, as you can't reuse and old screen name). I then created Dark Soul on a whim (a young female friend of mine christened me with that- long story) and I have been using it ever since.

On rare occasion I will log on as DamnYankee. Again, for no particular reason.

I started here long ago as Southern Man, changed that screen name to Damn Yankee, then briefly to a third name which I now forget, then to DamnYankee (no space, as you can't reuse an old screen name). I then created Dark Soul on a whim (a young female friend of mine christened me with that- long story) and I have been using it ever since.

On a rare occasion, I will log on as DamnYankee. Again, for no particular reason.

Sorry, I didn't mean to pry. I feel like I put you on the spot and I never intended to do that. Anyway, thanks for the candidness of your answer, I appreciate it.

all the posts to your thread so far are from two people.....that is what we mean by a sock.......

And so, who is the second? I can't seem to see any such shadow from my vantage point. Is this abnormal or usual for a shadow to occur? I have never encountered that before. It would be quite against the rules on Twitter.

Sorry, I didn't mean to pry. I feel like I put you on the spot and I never intended to do that. Anyway, thanks for the candidness of your answer, I appreciate it.

No prying at all. My sock and change of screen names has never been secret, and was never intended to be.

And so, who is the second? I can't seem to see any such shadow from my vantage point. Is this abnormal or usual for a shadow to occur? I have never encountered that before. It would be quite against the rules on Twitter.

you are not in Twitter any more, Dorothy......

And so, who is the second?

not sure.....I have most of the people who've posted here on ignore.......

you are not on Twitter anymore, Dorothy......

not sure.....I have most of the people who've posted here on ignore.......
Well alright then. I think I will move on out into the mainstream of activities but it's been really nice meeting everyone and I look forward to communicating with you in other sections of the forum. Again thank you to everyone who greeted me. It is very much appreciated.

Hi, Felex.

It IS an interesting place.

And, as you can tell, with lots less restrictions than most forums.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Doesn't do any good to take any shit...so my advice would be: DON'T.

Hi, Felex.

It IS an interesting place.

And, as you can tell, with lots less restrictions than most forums.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Doesn't do any good to take any shit...so my advice would be: DON'T.

Hi Frank, Got it and thanks for the advice, Ill tread accordingly and yes, it is a very interesting place, to say the least. But it looks very engaging and that's what a forum is intended to do right? Well, thanks again and see ya around.

Socks aren't really needed here.But some of us came from Amazon forums.Where after years Amazon started a purge of long time posters.
Which triggered users to have socks.Some built huge sock armies.

One other observation that I have noticed, no big deal, but did want to Alert you just in case, ... Miss Phantasmal, announces she has a 'Butt-Buddy'. Now, I certainly I'm not aware of this kind of activity, so had to look it up:

"Pegging is a sexual practice in which a woman performs anal sex on a man by penetrating the man's anus with a strap-on dildo. This practice may also involve stimulating the male genitalia.
The neologism "pegging" was popularized when it became the winning entry in a contest in Dan Savage's "Savage Love" sex advice column, held after an observation was made that there was no common name or dictionary definition for the act in the English language.[1]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegging_(sexual_practice)

(has a picture, not sure if it is the actual Miss Phantasmal?)

Anyway, if she drops something and asks you to pick it up, ... think twice before you do that. :thinking:
Poor, sad, lonely man.

One other observation that I have noticed, no big deal, but did want to Alert you just in case, ... Miss Phantasmal, announces she has a 'Butt-Buddy'. Now, I certainly I'm not aware of this kind of activity, so had to look it up:

"Pegging is a sexual practice in which a woman performs anal sex on a man by penetrating the man's anus with a strap-on dildo. This practice may also involve stimulating the male genitalia.
The neologism "pegging" was popularized when it became the winning entry in a contest in Dan Savage's "Savage Love" sex advice column, held after an observation was made that there was no common name or dictionary definition for the act in the English language.[1]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegging_(sexual_practice)

(has a picture, not sure if it is the actual Miss Phantasmal?)

Anyway, if she drops something and asks you to pick it up, ... think twice before you do that. :thinking:

You're adding a lot of sorely needed class to this joint.

Back