Sad news: E man is gone.

I know good people. Truly good, caring people. Great minds, great hearts, always helping others. Live life on their own terms. Eman was one of those great, rare souls. He was always giving to others less fortunate. Even if that meant going hungry himself to help others. Proud of who he was, did not give a fuck if anyone thought different. A spirited, forgiving, compassionate soul. One never forgets people like that. Godspeed Eman, your journey is just beginning.
Well said. He was a very special person. So witty and free-spirited. He was a gifted writer, the best I've ever seen on these boards.

Well said. He was a very special person. So witty and free-spirited. He was a gifted writer, the best I've ever seen on these boards.

I am going to miss him Mint. That is a hard thing for me to say about anybody. Really wish there were more like him in this world. It would be an adventure!

He was, his book is still listed on Amazon.. I just saw it last night.. Amazon
Wow, cool, thanks. I didn't know he'd published a book but I'm not surprised judging by his skills. I still remember all the laughs when you were a mod over there and all the drama ensued with the lefties and Eman. You never lost your patience. lol

I am going to miss him Mint. That is a hard thing for me to say about anybody. Really wish there were more like him in this world. It would be an adventure!
BTW Sailor, what was the name of the poster from the island, Roatan, who used to go round and round with Eman? I remember her well, just not her name. I know you have to remember because you were familiar with the area she lived in.

BTW Sailor, what was the name of the poster from the island, Roatan, who used to go round and round with Eman? I remember her well, just not her name. I know you have to remember because you were familiar with the area she lived in.

Minty; is it too much to ask that you just put Minty in your avatar area, kind of as a warning?
Thanks

He was, his book is still listed on Amazon.. I just saw it last night.. Amazon

You’ll have to excuse me. It’s poor manors to speak ill of The recently departed, but I’m shocked that he wrote a book on environmentalism that had any shred of credibility as in my few conversations with him on environmentalism he struck me as profoundly uninformed and ignorant on the subject. I don’t say that as a political antagonist but as an environmental professional who has actually worked in the field for 30 years and has often gone into harms way. He was almost completely unedecated in even the most basic sciences related to environmental work. I often made sport of the poor fellow on that account.

Sailor??? Do you recall??

You’ll have to excuse me. It’s poor manors to speak ill of The recently departed, but I’m shocked that he wrote a book on environmentalism that had any shred of credibility as in my few conversations with him on environmentalism he struck me as profoundly uninformed and ignorant on the subject. I don’t say that as a political antagonist but as an environmental professional who has actually worked in the field for 30 years and has often gone into harms way. He was almost completely unedecated in even the most basic sciences related to environmental work. I often made sport of the poor fellow on that account.

any idiot can "become an author" by writiing something and listing it on amazon

You’ll have to excuse me. It’s poor manors to speak ill of The recently departed, but I really gotta let you all know that I know my environmental science. Like, I'm way smarter than most on the subject, the dead guy definitely did not. My condolences RIP

this is a amusing post. :)

Exactly. I was part of a team, back when I started my environmental career, that obtained the first federal exemption for recycling hazardous waste. It was a significant accomplishment as it set the precedent for today’s standards for recycling hazardous waste. My point being establishing those standards was the significant accomplishment, not who did what first. We did work that benefited the entire regulated community but we were motivated by self interest.

Eman was more of an activist and a social climber. He certainly wasn’t a professional in the field.

anyone can "do" anything -most people don't make the effort. I'm sure I could churn out a book
on the ant-war movement during Vietnam from my perspective as a member of SDS , but I didn't.
Credit goes to the doers

anyone can "do" anything -most people don't make the effort. I'm sure I could churn out a book
on the ant-war movement during Vietnam from my perspective as a member of SDS , but I didn't.
Credit goes to the doers

I wrote a book about Desh's meth lab. :)

Back