Sasha and Malia Obama Wore $20K Dresses to the Canada State Dinner

How so, since they didn't buy the dresses their daughters wore?

Or maybe you mean something else? :dunno:

Yeah, the story didn't say they were loaned. Interesting. They were nice dresses.

Personally I celebrate the personal success of any American. So long as the taxpayers didn't pay for it I say dress as you want and can afford.

The designer Naeem Khan dresses were loaned to Sasha and Malia Obama to wear at the White House State Dinner.

http://newsone.com/3378943/critics-hit-sasha-and-malia-obama-naeem-kahn-state-dinner-dresses/

Did you complain about the cost of Bush's vacations?

Or Reagan's?

I was just going to say that. Designers loan out a lot of clothes and jewelry to famous people in order to get publicity. Wonder if Racist X realizes it was no different for Nancy Reagan, who had friends in the fashion industry.

I was just going to say that. Designers loan out a lot of clothes and jewelry to famous people in order to get publicity. Wonder if Racist X realizes it was no different for Nancy Reagan, who had friends in the fashion industry.

Nancy Reagan actually did something. The Obama daughters are nothing more than the children of a President. When they actually do something that matters, get back to me.

Nancy Reagan actually did something. The Obama daughters are nothing more than the children of a President. When they actually do something that matters, get back to me.

You can defend her all you like but she was no paragon of virtue, and that's a fact. It boggles my mind that the reagans consulting astrologers was glossed over like it was. Cons like you always play the "holier than thou" card yet Christianity is incompatible with astrology.

"Another of Nancy Reagan's trademarks was her interest in fashion. While her husband was still president-elect, press reports speculated about Nancy's social life and interest in fashion.[SUP][81][/SUP][SUP][82][/SUP][SUP][83][/SUP] In many press accounts, Nancy's sense of style was favorably compared to that of previous First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy.[SUP][84][/SUP] Friends and those close to her remarked that, while fashionable like Kennedy, she would be different from other first ladies; close friend Harriet Deutsch was quoted as saying, "Nancy has her own imprint."[SUP][82][/SUP]

Nancy Reagan's wardrobe consisted of dresses, gowns, and suits made by luxury designers, including James Galanos, Bill Blass and Oscar de la Renta. Her white, hand-beaded, one shoulder Galanos 1981 inaugural gown was estimated to cost $10,000,[SUP][85][/SUP] while the overall price of her inaugural wardrobe was said to cost $25,000.[SUP][86][/SUP] She favored the color red, calling it "a picker-upper", and wore it accordingly.[SUP][85][/SUP] Her wardrobe included red so often that the fire-engine shade became known as "Reagan red".[SUP][87][/SUP] She employed two private hairdressers who would style her hair on a regular basis in the White House.[SUP][88]

[/SUP]Though her elegant fashions and wardrobe were hailed as a "glamorous paragon of chic",[SUP][86][/SUP] they were also controversial subjects. In 1982, she revealed that she had accepted thousands of dollars in clothing, jewelry, and other gifts, but defended her actions by stating that she had borrowed the clothes and that they would either be returned or donated to museums,[SUP][85][/SUP][SUP][89][/SUP] and that she was promoting the American fashion industry.[SUP][90][/SUP] Facing criticism, she soon said she would no longer accept such loans.[SUP][90][/SUP] While often buying her clothes, she continued to borrow and sometimes keep designer clothes throughout her time as first lady, which came to light in 1988.[SUP][91][/SUP] None of this had been included on financial disclosure forms;[SUP][91][/SUP] the non-reporting of loans under $10,000 in liability was in violation of a voluntary agreement the White House had made in 1982, while not reporting more valuable loans or clothes not returned was a possible violation of the Ethics in Government Act.[SUP][91][/SUP][SUP][92][/SUP][SUP][93][/SUP] Nancy expressed through her press secretary "regrets that she failed to heed counsel's advice" on disclosing them.[SUP][93][/SUP]

And another thing, while I'm ranting... not too long ago a con congressional staffer lost her job because of her cheap jabs about Malia's and Sasha's clothing. Elizabeth Lauten scolded them about dressing like barflies and many cons applauded her for that. Then when they get groomed to the max for a state dinner, cons bitch about that also. How about you guys just leaving the daughters out of your "mean girls" sniping?

You can defend her all you like but she was no paragon of virtue, and that's a fact. It boggles my mind that the reagans consulting astrologers was glossed over like it was. Cons like you always play the "holier than thou" card yet Christianity is incompatible with astrology.

"Another of Nancy Reagan's trademarks was her interest in fashion. While her husband was still president-elect, press reports speculated about Nancy's social life and interest in fashion.[SUP][81][/SUP][SUP][82][/SUP][SUP][83][/SUP] In many press accounts, Nancy's sense of style was favorably compared to that of previous First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy.[SUP][84][/SUP] Friends and those close to her remarked that, while fashionable like Kennedy, she would be different from other first ladies; close friend Harriet Deutsch was quoted as saying, "Nancy has her own imprint."[SUP][82][/SUP]

Nancy Reagan's wardrobe consisted of dresses, gowns, and suits made by luxury designers, including James Galanos, Bill Blass and Oscar de la Renta. Her white, hand-beaded, one shoulder Galanos 1981 inaugural gown was estimated to cost $10,000,[SUP][85][/SUP] while the overall price of her inaugural wardrobe was said to cost $25,000.[SUP][86][/SUP] She favored the color red, calling it "a picker-upper", and wore it accordingly.[SUP][85][/SUP] Her wardrobe included red so often that the fire-engine shade became known as "Reagan red".[SUP][87][/SUP] She employed two private hairdressers who would style her hair on a regular basis in the White House.[SUP][88]

[/SUP]Though her elegant fashions and wardrobe were hailed as a "glamorous paragon of chic",[SUP][86][/SUP] they were also controversial subjects. In 1982, she revealed that she had accepted thousands of dollars in clothing, jewelry, and other gifts, but defended her actions by stating that she had borrowed the clothes and that they would either be returned or donated to museums,[SUP][85][/SUP][SUP][89][/SUP] and that she was promoting the American fashion industry.[SUP][90][/SUP] Facing criticism, she soon said she would no longer accept such loans.[SUP][90][/SUP] While often buying her clothes, she continued to borrow and sometimes keep designer clothes throughout her time as first lady, which came to light in 1988.[SUP][91][/SUP] None of this had been included on financial disclosure forms;[SUP][91][/SUP] the non-reporting of loans under $10,000 in liability was in violation of a voluntary agreement the White House had made in 1982, while not reporting more valuable loans or clothes not returned was a possible violation of the Ethics in Government Act.[SUP][91][/SUP][SUP][92][/SUP][SUP][93][/SUP] Nancy expressed through her press secretary "regrets that she failed to heed counsel's advice" on disclosing them.[SUP][93][/SUP]

You got back to me yet didn't show anything the Obama daughters have done to be considered famous. Try again

And another thing, while I'm ranting... not too long ago a con congressional staffer lost her job because of her cheap jabs about Malia's and Sasha's clothing. Elizabeth Lauten scolded them about dressing like barflies and many cons applauded her for that. Then when they get groomed to the max for a state dinner, cons bitch about that also. How about you guys just leaving the daughters out of your "mean girls" sniping?

Why don't you practice what you preach when it comes to the children of conservatives. Until then, if you can't take it, don't dish it out.

You got back to me yet didn't show anything the Obama daughters have done to be considered famous. Try again

What did Nancy do besides marry a man who became president? Her "just say no" campaign was simplistic and didn't address the underlying problems of drug use. The best thing she did was support embryonic stem cell research after reagan left office.

What do you think the bush daughters wore to formal dinners in the WH, ripped jeans and flip-flops?

Back