Saying hi!

Well I don't care if someone disagrees with me or ask question's or challenges or whatever. I'm just sick and tired of it getting personal. All I want is to talk politics with people.
It depends on what you think is "personal". What you believe is going to be questioned, it is the very reason for this site. It isn't personal even if they call you a name or two. They expect it back.

Right. I have no idea why the media spinned the whole thing with removing the term limits. I think term limits is very undemocratic personally. We still have that with Congress and the Senate. I don't get why they get to be re-elected countless times and not other people. For example in Virginia their governorship only allows one term. I wonder why that is. As long as the elections are fair and all that than in my opinion there shouldn't be any problems.
And it ensures that people who are qualified cannot run. I also do not like term limits.

I lived in Calgary for 10 yrs. I would never describe it as wet. Must have been a flash flood.
If I were rich, I'd leave about a million dollars to the people of Calgary so they could afford to move somewhere decent.

Well my point was proven so why would I want to keep on? I'm not like some people here...(not you but Asshat).
AHZ, is a true believer. He'll hold to his beliefs beyond any capability of others to keep the same.

While some are true, others are just mixed in oddly.

Well good night all. I have to hit the 24 hr wallmart EARLY. Have a good Christmas everyone and don't get too wasted, Damo!

Well name's and all that I can generally handle unless it's degrading like Asshat did even though he later apologized. However when people start attacking my intelligence that's when I take it personally. I take my education seriously.

It depends on what you think is "personal". What you believe is going to be questioned, it is the very reason for this site. It isn't personal even if they call you a name or two. They expect it back.

I'm not sure. Give me a clue?

Off the top of may head, I can't think of a Canadian Prime Minister who was in office for more than two terms. I'm pretty sure there was one in for three, but I think that's going way back. Like I said, most seem to lose confidence halfway through their second term. I don't think this is a Canadian phenomena, that's why I jokingly asked if that sounded familiar.

Oh okay I see. Interesting. You would think getting elected twice would make them more confident wouldn't it? *shrug*

Off the top of may head, I can't think of a Canadian Prime Minister who was in office for more than two terms. I'm pretty sure there was one in for three, but I think that's going way back. Like I said, most seem to lose confidence halfway through their second term. I don't think this is a Canadian phenomena, that's why I jokingly asked if that sounded familiar.

I don't believe that they have less than a six year "term". Like the UK they are allowed to call elections when they are sure of their party's success and their continuation in power. Of course Said1 or anybody with more knowledge can correct me.

I don't believe that they have a written constitution either.

When you say call elections do you mean like a recall sort of thing?

I don't believe that they have less than a six year "term". Like the UK they are allowed to call elections when they are sure of their party's success and their continuation in power. Of course Said1 or anybody with more knowledge can correct me.

I don't believe that they have a written constitution either.

Oh okay I see. Do they have to let people know like so much time in advanced to give people time to campaign and all that?
They do. I'm not sure how much though. And it resets their "term limit" which isn't really a term limit...

I'd be very concerned there. Here, in the US, if Bush decided to run again it would be very obviously against the Constitution. There, if they violate the common law constitution, it is only the courts that have any recompense.

It would worry me.

Well since we don't have that here than there's no reason.

They do. I'm not sure how much though. And it resets their "term limit" which isn't really a term limit...

I'd be very concerned there. Here, in the US, if Bush decided to run again it would be very obviously against the Constitution. There, if they violate the common law constitution, it is only the courts that have any recompense.

It would worry me.

Back