School Me Mainecoon

I'm trying to reason if you are insinuating that only those who have served should be able to speak?

Not those who "have" served, those who are currently serving. If you are no longer in the military, your bacon isn't on the line anymore, you are really no different, or any more qualified to be making decisions about war, than someone who never served. So, let's put a rest to the rhetoric, let's all back a Constitutional Amendment to only allow people currently serving in our Armed Forces the right to vote. We either need to have a system, where we all have an equal voice, or we need to agree that only the ones risking their lives should have the voice. I can go either way.

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with your sarcastic amendment. See, I think every American over 18, that hasn't been convicted of a crime and meets the other requirements of registration has the right to vote and speak freely.

I do NOT think that VETS or current service members have a right to tell others to stfu. I do though, personally, listen when someone who is or has been 'there' explains why some idea will not work. I may not agree with them, but usually if I respect them and they explain WHY, I tend to see their pov.

I think vets, regardless of whether or not I agree with them, deserve my thanks and applause. I don't care if they volunteered or were drafted, they put their life on the line, for all of us.

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with your sarcastic amendment. See, I think every American over 18, that hasn't been convicted of a crime and meets the other requirements of registration has the right to vote and speak freely.

I do NOT think that VETS or current service members have a right to tell others to stfu. I do though, personally, listen when someone who is or has been 'there' explains why some idea will not work. I may not agree with them, but usually if I respect them and they explain WHY, I tend to see their pov.

I think vets, regardless of whether or not I agree with them, deserve my thanks and applause. I don't care if they volunteered or were drafted, they put their life on the line, for all of us.

I don't think we disagree, I think you don't understand the sarcasm. I agree, we should all have the same voice, but some people don't believe this, they think "chickenhawks" who never served, shouldn't be allowed to make decisions, shouldn't have a legitimate voice, or valid opinions regarding war. When I encounter people with this illogical and irrelevant view, I suggest they join me in backing a law to only allow current service members the right to vote, and they generally shut up real fast.

thank you runyon... and don't believe everything that blowhard says about me... He got a taste of what he had been dishing out to me for months and months and we quickly discovered that he was quite capable of dishing, but did not have the ability to "catch" anything like he dished.

I do not think that my status as a veteran gives me any right to tell anyone to shut the fuck up.

I do think, however, that those who have never served and yet have vigorously waved pompoms and given Dubya the public support he has needed to continue this incredible debacle in Iraq ought to be reminded of the fact that the blood of 2611 brave American fighting men and women is caked on their fingers...and that those 2611 brave men and women did something for THEIR country that the pompom waving chickenhawks were too frightened to do. Shame on them.

I also think that my status as a former UN Observer and crisis mediator in Lebanon gives me a certain perspective that ought not to be denigrated by those selfsame chickenhawks.

Last edited:
Coonie, I take it all back! you at least post your own thoughts around here unlike the many other shitbricks. You have been taken off shitbrick detail! :cof1:

thank you runyon... and don't believe everything that blowhard says about me... He got a taste of what he had been dishing out to me for months and months and we quickly discovered that he was quite capable of dishing, but did not have the ability to "catch" anything like he dished.

I do not think that my status as a veteran gives me any right to tell anyone to shut the fuck up.

I do think, however, that those who have never served and yet have vigorously waved pompoms and given Dubya the public support he has needed to continue this incredible debacle in Iraq ought to be reminded of the fact that the blood of 2611 brave American fighting men and women is caked on their fingers...and that those 2611 brave men and women did something for THEIR country that the pompom waving chickenhawks were too frightened to do. Shame on them.

I also think that my status as a former UN Observer and crisis mediator in Lebanon gives me a certain perspective that ought not to be denigrated by those selfsame chickenhawks.

Your service, to both the US/UN, denigrated? Never. As for the UN itself, another kettle altogether. But that isn't the 'peacekeepers' fault. Unless of course they were involved in the sex scandals. (Interesting, no? That it never seems to be US members accused of such. Considering that so many make it sound as if our troops are raping and murdering their way through Iraq. Could it be, possibly, that the professionalism of our troops, moreso than our citizens, is the envy of the world?) Just a thought.

According to Maine, if you didn't play football, you can't cheer for your team....

Totally logical thinking to the left wing....and totally freekin' wrong...

According to Maine, if you didn't play football, you can't cheer for your team....

$10 bucks on Charlie being next!

alpha, bravo, charlie......? :D

Then you can cheer while watching highlights from the Senate spa....

Don't underestimate this Maineman dude....he is as narrow minded and brainwashed as they come....doesn't give an inch.....his hate for Bush over shadows reason at times....most times....but a worthy adversary nevertheless.....one of the few lefties that can actually string a few words together and make them appear meaningful at first glance anyway....

He's by pal....batting each other around for awhile now....but hes got a glass jaw in the end....

Hi Care...yeah....if you see a 'Charlie" on another site...assume its me....LOL!

i'm going to check another site right now to see if charlie is a new member and if he's made any negative Byrd comments, and if he has....then confirmation! :D and you'll owe me $10 bucks! lol

I only go with the Byrd bashing because MM loves the little bigoted SOB and defends him regularly....if he can't see that sig. every night its of no use....

NO....according to maineman, if you are capable of fighting in the middle of the civil war in Iraq that your own pompom waving helped set in motion, then you ought to have the courage to go fight in it so that some other poor GI - who may not have been all that keen on losing his life in the middle of a civil war that we have no rightful business being in the midst of - does not have to die because of YOUR side's fuckup.... or alternatively, have the grace to admit that the war in Iraq was a terrible mistake, put your fucking pompoms down ,and start demanding that we get out of there before any MORE Americans die for NOTHING.

asshole.:321:

After reading through all this its hard to decide where to start.

I don't have any use for anyone that posts with a second account pretending to be either a lib or a con. I quit one board that I posted at regularly because of just that kind of action. So Cyphilus (SE's name for him) has no credibility in my book from here on.

mInUte man is a Bush hater who has some spin ability. Though nothing more and no concrete answers to anything other than cut and run.

My pompoms are out for our troops in iraq. They always will be. And i won't see us cut and run and abandon everything that has been gained so far in iraq. That tactic was used in Vietnam and proved fatal to that country. All the money and lives were wasted and it better not ever happen again. If we took a wrong turn, fine, now we will find a way back. If we can't find a way we will make one. But we will NOT turn back.

Those who served in the military did so so that we can all post here and be free to say and do as we please. If I were younger I would be going back in the military myself. Unfortunately us old men have to sit back and let the young ones do it.

iraq has become a secular civil war, its being stirred up by iran. That is our real and true enemy. saddam needed to be taken down and was. He and his forces are irrelevant now. We are dealing with shea insurgents supplied and supported by iran. They are just another arm of that country like hezbollah is in lebannon. Its just another small front in the war on islamo-facists based in iran. If you libs weren't so all fired up over Bush hating you would recognize that.

"everything that has been gained in Iraq so far"????

besides the overthrow of Saddam...which I still feel is of dubious merit given his long record of success at curtailing the regional ambitions and influence of Iran.... what else have we gained? We have spent a half a trillion dollars.... we have laid seige to a country that had done nothing to us and have, in the process, killed and maimed thousands of innocent civilians. We have, with our bumbling lack of understanding of the sectarian dynamics of the region, set a civil war in motion that will end up killing many more tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians.... we have radicalized the arab street, we have allowed Iran to flex its muscles in ways that would have been unheard of with Saddam in power.... what exactly HAVE we really gained????

and FYI...the VAST majority of "insurgent" activity in Iraq comes from sunnis and not shi'ites.

Do you just make this shit up, or what?

besides the overthrow of Saddam...which I still feel is of dubious merit given his long record of success at curtailing the regional ambitions and influence of Iran.... what else have we gained?

There are two sides to this story:

On the one hand, we got rid of saddam which in an of itself is a good thing

on the other hand, we got rid of saddam - the person who basically kept Iran in check.

Good for Iraqi's (that statement is loaded with caveats) but still bad for us.

my guess is that the families of the thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians that we have slaughtered plus the families of the thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians who will die in the civil war between sunnis and shiites will not think that our invasion, conquest and occupation of Iraq and ouster ouster of Saddam is a "good" thing.

my guess is that the families of the thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians that we have slaughtered plus the families of the thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians who will die in the civil war between sunnis and shiites will not think that our invasion, conquest and occupation of Iraq and ouster ouster of Saddam is a "good" thing.

Yeah :( that's why say, "in and of itself"

so what now? what would be the best way to handle this f-up? with us supporting the shiites in gvt, while the shiite people in iraq side with hezbollah and iran, in the middle of a civil war with sunnis?

i mean, could this have gotten any more SCREWED UP than it did?

gees louise!

the shiites are killing alot of sunnis too maineman, from what i've been reading, the shiites are shedding their revenge upon the sunnis for holding them in captivity for so long under saddam....? it's pretty bad!!!

care

Back