Shooting in Kentucky

United States of America: 14.5. suicides per 100,000

Japan 17.6 suicides per 100,000

The total number of deaths from suicide was 31,413 (22,402 males and 9,011 females) in Japan and 29,180 (23,443 males and 5,737 females) in the United States

Prohibited firearms: Handguns are prohibited, and citizens cannot buy, sell, possess, or carry firearms in Japan

Japan has one of the lowest gun ownership rates in the world, with about 0.3 firearms per 100 people. This is in stark contrast to the United States, where there are about 120 guns per 100 people.

This should end the bullshit that more/access to guns cause more suicides
Since there is (nor has there been in my lifetime) no law passed that universally banned or attempted to confiscate all guns, your list of stats essentially doesn't mean a God damned thing to the victim's surviving family members.

Since suicide is NOT comparable to a stranger entering a movie theatre and start blasting away, or a stranger unloading on a concert area, this often used trope by gun monkeys is just pathetic.

Okay, NOT to unload on you in particular,
BUT
I am SO FUCKING SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE USING THESE LAME, ABSURED COMPARISONS AND "EXPLANATIONS" IN SOME WEIRD ATTEMPT TO PLACATE GUN MONKEY MANTRAS AND NRA/GUN MANUFACTURERS PUBLIC RELATION BLATHER.

Cars are NOT designed specifically to kill. Guns are.

Pool drownings (for the VAST majority) are accidents.

Leaning on "mental illness" IGNORES THE FACT that these folk were lucid enough to purchase the weapon that was designed to do exactly what it was advertised to do .... A LIGHTER WEIGHT WEAPON EFFICIENTLY AND EFFECTLY KILL NUMEROUS TARGETS WITH LOWERED RECOIL FOR THE AMATEUR USER. A weapon that was formerly banned.

Your last sentence does not make sense. How is a universal background check that can access adjudicated mental illness diagnosis "targeting one group"? As it stands (and has stood long before you or I were born), people with certain mental health diagnosis were prevented from holding certain jobs. Why this shouldn't apply to possessing a deadly weapon is a ridiculous argument.
Good luck with your LW 30+ year campaign to ban guns. How's that goin' for ya?

Good luck with your LW 30+ year campaign to ban guns. How's that goin' for ya?
Ahh, so you are a gun monkey! I say this because only a gun monkey would stupidly repeat a Long Disproved talking point that the like of LaPierre of the NRA would shovel. Guess what, son? The majority of NRA members have NO problem with new and better comprehensive gun control legislation. Why? Because they are not stupid enough to swallow the propaganda that gun control leads to total ban/confiscation.

Carry on.

Ahh, so you are a gun monkey! I say this because only a gun monkey would stupidly repeat a Long Disproved talking point that the like of LaPierre of the NRA would shovel. Guess what, son? The majority of NRA members have NO problem with new and better comprehensive gun control legislation. Why? Because they are not stupid enough to swallow the propaganda that gun control leads to total ban/confiscation.

Carry on.
Thanks for the insults. It's proof you are no different than a MAGAt. :)

Thanks for the insults. It's proof you are no different than a MAGAt. :)
I state FACT based on YOUR WORDS, which parrot EXACTLY the same drivel squawked by resident and internet gun monkeys, the NRA under La Pierre, gun manufacture lobbyist and gun shop retailers. If you like, I can (just this once) verify such.

The chronology of the post will always be your undoing, as you cannot logically or factually fault my responses to you.

You talk the talk, you get the label.

I state FACT based on YOUR WORDS, which parrot EXACTLY the same drivel squawked by resident and internet gun monkeys, the NRA under La Pierre, gun manufacture lobbyist and gun shop retailers. If you like, I can (just this once) verify such.

The chronology of the post will always be your undoing, as you cannot logically or factually fault my responses to you.

You talk the talk, you get the label.
Did I call myself a "gun monkey"? No. You did. Again, thanks for the insults. It proves you are no better than any of the MAGAts on this forum slinging names at others for disagreeing with them.

92zmyu.jpg

Did I call myself a "gun monkey"? No. You did. Again, thanks for the insults. It proves you are no better than any of the MAGAts on this forum slinging names at others for disagreeing with them.

92zmyu.jpg
:wha: Can you not read? I said you PARROTED the gun monkey mantras, NOT that you called yourself one. Are you drunk or just a piss poor liar?

A rational, adult reader can follow the chronology of the posts and see your folly. You can't erase your errors with a silly meme.

Now, run-a-long and keep digging that hole.

Back