Should America tell China they can have Taiwan?

Should America tell China they can have Taiwan?

Whether it's Blue Team or Red Team, America seems like it's an unreliable partner.

You're assuming the fantasy that it's ours to give.

The threat isn't Taiwan, it's China. Want to suck China's dick to keep them from hurting us? Sure, give them Taiwan. Then Japan. Then Hawaii. Then California. When they come for you then you'll be given up to save someone else's ass. Oooh, the irony.

Unreliable because we can't get our shit in one sock. It'll happen either because we want to do it or because we have to do it. I prefer preparation and proactive policies as opposed to waiting until a Chinese truck runs over me on an American street.

The threat isn't Taiwan, it's China. Want to suck China's dick to keep them from hurting us? Sure, give them Taiwan. Then Japan. Then Hawaii. Then California. When they come for you then you'll be given up to save someone else's ass. Oooh, the irony.

He's being facetious in light of Afghanistan.

Obvious to all but dunderheads like Dutch Uncle.

I'm assuming the 'fantasy' that we are expected to 'protect' Taiwan.
After Afghanistan, I think the World views the US as an unreliable 'Protector'.

He's being facetious in light of Afghanistan.

Obvious to all but dunderheads like Dutch Uncle.

Nope. I'm being serious. Americas role as 'SuperPower' is being undermined by TV clips of 'Helicopters evacuating the Embassies from rooftops'. Russia, China, Iran, and all the other Autocrats, cheering wildly at the sight of 'Western Democracy' failing.

Nope. I'm being serious. Americas role as 'SuperPower' is being undermined by TV clips of 'Helicopters evacuating the Embassies from rooftops'. Russia, China, Iran, and all the other Autocrats, cheering wildly at the sight of 'Western Democracy' failing.

No, you are being facetious, ironic & hypothetical about it.

OK. Go with that. Do you have an opinion on any supposed 'protection' by the US of Taiwan? Has that vanished?

The USA should've put Nukes in vulnerable territories like Taiwan or Poland in the first place.

Instead, the USA leaves them hanging.

Especially in Ukraine, they gave up Nukes in the 1990s & the USA & West promised to keep it's national integrity which never happened in Crimea & Do bass.

I'm assuming the 'fantasy' that we are expected to 'protect' Taiwan.
After Afghanistan, I think the World views the US as an unreliable 'Protector'.

Who was the outside aggressor in Afghanistan? Why didn't Trump nuke them?

Dude, we got that rep in Vietnam. The Gulf War salvaged it a bit but then Clinton earned it again in Somalia and Afghanistan. Bush regained out rep substantially attacking Afghanistan for 9/11 but instead of riding that wave of US leadership he threw it down the hole that became Iraq. Trump hates the military because it's everything he'll never be. Biden had the right idea to leave Afghanistan. A for effort, F for execution.

A slight disagreement. Yes, our reputation as an effective Superpower is weakened with such displays. The speed at which the Afghan government collapsed cannot be refuted. Results count.

That said, if you think the Chinese are fucking stupid enough to risk a US-China nuclear exchange over Taiwan, you are not thinking Chinese. ;)

China will rattle its sabers just to see who moves back...like you want the US to do, but they won't go to war over it. Their long term plan is to simply buy it....along with the rest of SEA. LOL

If the US just "gives" it to them as you seek to appease, that's just good for China.

The USA should've put Nukes in vulnerable territories like Taiwan or Poland in the first place.

Especially in Ukraine, they gave up Nukes in the 1990s & the USA & West promised to keep it's national integrity which never happened in Crimea & Do bass.

Interesting. I've considered something similar.
If China allows North Korea nuclear weapons, should the US allow nuclear weapons to Taiwan?

Who was the outside aggressor in Afghanistan? Why didn't Trump nuke them?

Dude, we got that rep in Vietnam. The Gulf War salvaged it a bit but then Clinton earned it again in Somalia and Afghanistan. Bush regained out rep substantially attacking Afghanistan for 9/11 but instead of riding that wave of US leadership he threw it down the hole that became Iraq. Trump hates the military because it's everything he'll never be. Biden had the right idea to leave Afghanistan. A for effort, F for execution.

Pakistan.
A breeding ground for Terrorists.
Pakistan has nuclear weapons, so 'nuking them' is off the table.

A slight disagreement. Yes, our reputation as an effective Superpower is weakened with such displays. The speed at which the Afghan government collapsed cannot be refuted. Results count.

That said, if you think the Chinese are fucking stupid enough to risk a US-China nuclear exchange over Taiwan, you are not thinking Chinese. ;)

China will rattle its sabers just to see who moves back...like you want the US to do, but they won't go to war over it. Their long term plan is to simply buy it....along with the rest of SEA. LOL

If the US just "gives" it to them as you seek to appease, that's just good for China.

"Chinese State Media Publishes ‘Three-Stage Battle Plan’ For Taiwan Invasion As President Xi Calls For ‘Complete Reunification’ "
https://www.dailywire.com/news/chin...president-xi-calls-for-complete-reunification

Pakistan.
A breeding ground for Terrorists.
Pakistan has nuclear weapons, so 'nuking them' is off the table.

Half of Pakistan is friendly to the West...the half with the nukes. If the angry Jihadist half gets nukes, they'll use them...but probably against India unless they can row it to NY or LA.

Spaz, those were Soviet nukes in Ukraine. You just made an argument on why the US should put nukes in other countries.

After the collapse of the Soviet Union, there was a major concern of "loose nukes" being sold by former Soviet oppressed states to support their economies. The US was more than willing to buy them first before the Jihadists and the Cartels.

Back