Should America tell China they can have Taiwan?

Whether it's Blue Team or Red Team, America seems like it's an unreliable partner.

Taiwan and it's military undoubtedly are prepared to mount a vigorous defense of their country.

That is a cause I can support.

The Afghan National Army did not have the slightest interest defending their nation.

Why should Americans die in their place?

Tawain was born from a legitimate and Long standing Chinese political ideology and legitimate leaders - Chinese Nationalism and Chiang Kai Shek and Sun Yat Sen.

The Afghan government never achieved legitimacy and were seen as being propped up by force of American arms.

Taiwan and it's military undoubtedly are prepared to mount a vigorous defense of their country.

That is a cause I can support.

The Afghan National Army did not have the slightest interest defending their nation.

Why should Americans die in their place?

Tawain was born from a legitimate and Long standing Chinese political ideology and legitimate leaders - Chinese Nationalism and Chiang Kai Shek and Sun Yat Sen.

The Afghan government never achieved legitimacy and were seen as being propped up by force of American arms.

Do you think sending Americans to Taiwan is a Good Idea?

Do you think sending Americans to Taiwan is a Good Idea?
Taiwan is a legitimate Ally in the way Afghanistan never was.

If Communist China attacks Taiwan we should render military assistance.

Afghanistan & Taiwan = Apples & Oranges

Like sell them weaponry? Or get involved Militarily?

Agreed, but Jack has a pro-Chinese agenda to push. It's in the title: "Should America tell China they can have Taiwan?" LOL

The entire argument assumes Taiwan is ours to give and that the US is a dying power to China's 21st century growing empire. It's 19th century thinking in a 21st century world.

Taiwan is not ours to give. Men are not potatoes.

Like sell them weaponry? Or get involved Militarily?

I am sure it depends on the military strategic and tactical situation, and I leave it to the Joint Chiefs to have contingency plans.

The bottom line to me is we should render military assistance to our long-standing allies Japan, Taiwan, South Korea if they are attacked by PRC.

These allies have effective military forces, and unlike Afghanistan are willing to defend themselves and have been USA allies in good standing for decades.

I am sure it depends on the military strategic and tactical situation, and I leave it to the Joint Chiefs to have contingency plans.

The bottom line to me is we should render military assistance to our long-standing allies Japan, Taiwan, South Korea if they are attacked by PRC.

These allies have effective military forces, and unlike Afghanistan are willing to defend themselves and have been USA allies in good standing for decades.

I have a feeling no American Ground Forces will be introduced to Taiwan.
Afghanistan WAS defending itself as long as they could depend on US Air Support, Intelligence, and a Supply Chain.

Pakistan and their Proxies, the Taliban, have been successful in routing the NATO Forces. Good Bye Civilization, Hello Dark Ages. :(

Green lighting a take over of Taiwan by China would amount to the equivalent of "Peace in our time" Chamberlain handing over Czechoslovakia to the Nazis in 1938. It would embolden China to make further demands, not satiate their apatite for expansion and power. Negotiating into compromise with what's become the modern fascist power of our time is not wise.

Back