Should prostitution be legal?

They're not stupid. The reason I keep my statements simple is because I'm sick of watching people debate on TV.

It does bring about a particular question. If prostitution became legal, how is this going to be received during Career Day at high schools? If it is legal, would a principle be able to prevent a representative from the Bunny Ranch from speaking to students about the career opportunities as a sex worker?

Why wouldn't he be? Do you honestly think they have to send a representative from every industry in the world to those things?

We didn't even have one.

Its like abortion, making it illegal does not stop it, and making it legal does not promote it.

Making it legal would increase the ability to protect women and men who choose that profession from abuse. It would also increase the ability to protect the 'johns and janes' from disease as regulation could be enforced.

Ahh yes it would be nice to just announce openly that after work I am going to the Gym, the grocery and the whorehouse. And it all be accepted as normal. someone might even speak up and say which whore is best. competition in the whoring industry would be a good conservative thing.
:D

Ahh yes it would be nice to just announce openly that after work I am going to the Gym, the grocery and the whorehouse. And it all be accepted as normal. someone might even speak up and say which whore is best.
:D

Just because something is legal does not make it acceptable.

When did everyone decide that the law is the arbitrator of acceptable and not acceptable? When did the government get appointed the moral arbitrator?

Just because something is legal does not make it acceptable.

When did everyone decide that the law is the arbitrator of acceptable and not acceptable? When did the government get appointed the moral arbitrator?
When we started understanding what made a victim.

There are reasons other than morality to make prostitution illegal. I listed a few, although I think that regulation would be better than criminalization.

True, but I said it would be nice if it were and we were not so hung up on sex.

Ohh, sure I agree with that. Its that way in many Asian Countries I visited when I was a teenager. The man just announces that he is going to the "bathhouse" before returning home from work. He meets his girl and they go from there, she does not have to even be a prostitute.

When we started understanding what made a victim.

There are reasons other than morality to make prostitution illegal. I listed a few, although I think that regulation would be better than criminalization.

I understand that there are reasons other than morality. I agree that regulation would be more effective than criminalization.

My point is that people seem to get it into there minds that by making something legal, you are saying it is morally acceptable. They make that argument with abortion and with prostitution, I am sure there are other things also.

Just because something is legal does not mean it is okay.

If the profession of prostitution were treated like any other profession there would be very few victims. Heck Liberty university could even offer a whoring associate degree.

sign on whorehouse: " We only employ degreed whores"
"USDA inspected"

I understand that there are reasons other than morality. I agree that regulation would be more effective than criminalization.

My point is that people seem to get it into there minds that by making something legal, you are saying it is morally acceptable. They make that argument with abortion and with prostitution, I am sure there are other things also.

Just because something is legal does not mean it is okay.
Legalization denotes a certain acceptance that is otherwise not there for things that are criminalized. Proposing decriminalization of an activity definitely denotes a larger acceptance for that activity.

Legalization denotes a certain acceptance that is otherwise not there for things that are criminalized. Proposing decriminalization of an activity definitely denotes a larger acceptance for that activity.

Not to me, and I wish it did not to others. The government is not the arbitrator of what is acceptable and what is not acceptable in my household.

Back