Should prostitution be legal?

Not to me, and I wish it did not to others. The government is not the arbitrator of what is acceptable and what is not acceptable in my household.
And? This doesn't change that what I have said is true.

Decriminalizing murder would denote a certain societal acceptance of the activity, even if it were highly regulated. It doesn't matter what activity was decriminalized or what you thought about it in your house.

And? This doesn't change that what I have said is true.

Decriminalizing murder would denote a certain societal acceptance of the activity, even if it were highly regulated. It doesn't matter what activity was decriminalized or what you thought about it in your house.

Decriminalizing murder would not change my opinion on the ethicisy of it, and I doubt it would affect the opinion of most Americans. I hope it would not. The governments actions do not change my internal moral structure.

Decriminalizing murder would not change my opinion on the ethicisy of it, and I doubt it would affect the opinion of most Americans. I hope it would not. The governments actions do not change my internal moral structure.
Which changes nothing about whether or not it means it is more socially acceptable.

This is one of those, "I think it is wrong to abort babies, but don't think we should make it against the law" arguments that is one of the weakest pegs in the argument.

Stuff that is legal is far more socially acceptable than stuff that is illegal.

I think many socially unacceptable things should be legal. It is not truely a free nation when the government starts legislating socially acceptable and unsocially acceptable behavyor.

The only measure for legality is if an action materally and directly negativly affects others, not what is socially acceptable or not. I do agree there would be plenty of overlap, but not 100%.

I am a social libertarian. I still belive in zoning and many other types of regulation. When it comes to personal behavyor, I am a libertarian.

Of the two major parties, the Democrats are as close to that as you can get. Even closer in many issues than the libertarians are!

uscit.

1. Libertarians often suggest change to the constitution. It isn't as if that was written to keep the US libertarian or something.

2. Libertarians believe in the least amount of force from the government possible, not none at all, and certainly not "chaos".

Why wouldn't he be? Do you honestly think they have to send a representative from every industry in the world to those things?

We didn't even have one.

If prostitution was a legal profession, it is a profession that would have to be allowed to be advanced at career day. What if the local Bunny Ranch sent a representative to speak on behalf of "Sex Workers Local 563"? If it is a legal profession, how can anyone prevent recruitment in schools? Do you think that CodePINK will stand against it?

If prostitution was a legal profession, it is a profession that would have to be allowed to be advanced at career day. What if the local Bunny Ranch sent a representative to speak on behalf of "Sex Workers Local 563"? If it is a legal profession, how can anyone prevent recruitment in schools? Do you think that CodePINK will stand against it?

Just out of interest how many schools invite abortion doctors into schools on career day? Is that universal as well?

Just out of interest how many schools invite abortion doctors into schools on career day? Is that universal as well?

They do invite Doctors and all means of medical professionals. However, there is no such specialty as "Abortion Doctor".

OK, would a school invite a doctor whose primary duty was to perform abortions?

I guess it would depend on how Liberal the school district was. If they did, the doctor would be referred to as a "Doctor specializing in Women's Health". Do you want to say that this has not happened...

Back