Smile

Really, I've never heard that DyaDya Dzho had any altruistic concerns at all. Some of the teachers from my Russian classes used to tell me stories about Uncle Joe....

And the comparison is pretty incredible as well.

I'd also note your post had a fundamental lack of tentacle rape scenes.

In short, the suspense of disbelief was never set properly by the director and the film largely failed to keep your attention. I'd give it a thumbs down.

Them Ruskies are a strange lot.

*tentacle rape interlude*

tentacle.jpg

*Ahem!...withdraw your tentacles now please, ladies and gentlemen, and return to your seats for the second half*

It is amazing how many of them look back on Stalin as some sort of a hero who "saved" them. He was actually voted third best Russian of all time in their "Greatest Russians" poll just behind Pyotr Stolypin, of "Stolypin's Necktie" fame. Of course, we all know this is absolute rubbish but it doesn't stop the deluded thinking the best of those who dealt so readily with death and corruption.

I find it so ironic and maybe tragic that the major figure in the minds of the republican conservatives is a man who was the first and hopefully the only president with early stage Alzheimer's. Thank goodness he didn't have the values of Curtis Lemay or we may not be here. Reagan's values and ideas were movies and scripts and thank goodness he played good guys, good guys conquering all that was evil. Fantasy was his presidency and fantasy it remains.

"Alzheimer's in 1981?
'President Reagan fails to recognize his only black Cabinet member, Housing Secretary Samuel Pierce, at a White House reception for big city mayors. "How are you, Mr. Mayor?" he greets him. "I'm glad to meet you. How are things in your city?" 6/12/1981

'I was in such a hurry, I wrote my last name first.' Reagan, after signing his tax reform bill 'Reagan Ronald'

Lots more below, I wonder what he would think of voodoo economics today? would he agree it failed and deregulation failed, would he change on the role of government? Guess we'll never know.

http://home.att.net/~howingtons/gop/rr/rr.htm

"I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself." Ronald Reagan

"I believe that the future is far nearer than most of us would dare hope." Reagan 9/24/84

"We should bomb Vietnam back into the stone age." Curtis Lemay

Now we trade with them!

Reagan was great, wasn't he?

It really is difficult to pick out one special quote but, after much deliberation, i'll go with this one.

"A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that is true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not."

You have to admire a man of principles who would seek to save America by exporting arms to an embargoed state in return for much needed dirty money to fund drug-trafficking terrorist groups in Latin America. And he didn't even require a teleprompter.

It's when we learned that aiding and abetting the enemy barely got the perps a slap on the wrist let alone charged with high crimes and misdemeanors.

You have got to be kidding, but as Gilbert would say, why am I not surprised.

Reagan was a good actor, a great husband to Nancy and a less than desired father figure.

He was a B actor and a C President.

Why conservatives admire him, other than his gong ho nationalism, I will never know.

LBJ did more for America than Reagan.

You have got to be kidding, but as Gilbert would say, why am I not surprised.

Reagan was a good actor, a great husband to Nancy and a less than desired father figure.

He was a B actor and a C President.

Why conservatives admire him, other than his gong ho nationalism, I will never know.

LBJ did more for America than Reagan.

Reagan won a war and LBJ lost a war. Nice comparison.

Reagan won a war and LBJ lost a war. Nice comparison.

I still find it hard to look back on that historic day, without shedding a tear, when those plucky young troops from the United States of America vanquished that vile Communist nest of vipers, plotting the overthrow of world capitalism and a regime of servitude and beetroot.

Long live free Grenada.

Reagan won a war, Shirley, you jest? And don't say the cold war, that is a fallacy!

Reagan was great, wasn't he?

It really is difficult to pick out one special quote but, after much deliberation, i'll go with this one.

"A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that is true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not."

You have to admire a man of principles who would seek to save America by exporting arms to an embargoed state in return for much needed dirty money to fund drug-trafficking terrorist groups in Latin America. And he didn't even require a teleprompter.

You also have to admire a man who'd classify ketchup as a vegetable in meals to public school children so he could divert funds to his drug-trafficking operation .. all in the interests of making America better of course.

I still find it hard to look back on that historic day, without shedding a tear, when those plucky young troops from the United States of America vanquished that vile Communist nest of vipers, plotting the overthrow of world capitalism and a regime of servitude and beetroot.

Long live free Grenada.

Almost as memorable as the conquering of Panama.

Brings a tear to the eye.

I think I hear bugles.

You also have to admire a man who'd classify ketchup as a vegetable in meals to public school children so he could divert funds to his drug-trafficking operation .. all in the interests of making America better of course.

I hadn't heard that one before.

I have to say, though, that is top class weaseling. I bet he had help with it.

I hadn't heard that one before.

I have to say, though, that is top class weaseling. I bet he had help with it.

Enjoy ..

The ketchup as a vegetable controversy or ketchupgate refers to a proposed United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Drug Administration directive, early in the administration of Ronald Reagan, that would have reclassified ketchup and pickle relish from condiments to a vegetable, allowing public schools to cut out a serving of cooked or fresh vegetable from hot lunch program child-nutrition requirements. The White House Office of Management and Budget estimated a potential US $1 billion annual savings in the cost of subsidized meals for low-income students.

Release of the proposed directive for required public comment in September 1981 met with outrage from nutritionists and Democrats. Charges of greed and indifference were made by media and pundits. The administration responded their concern was to address "plate waste" and to serve what students would actually consume. Focusing more unwanted attention on the matter, a mid-level political appointee at the USDA touted the directive's language as an example of the "New Federalism" (returning rights to the state level) touted by Reagan during the 1980 presidential campaign, in that the final decision to implement would be made on the state level. Reassignment of that employee the following month led to charges of a political firing.

In reporting on the proposed directive Newsweek magazine illustrated their story with a bottle of ketchup with the caption "now a vegetable." The proposed directive was criticized by Democrats and Republicans alike, and was never implemented
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketchup_as_a_vegetable[/ame]

Calling you Shirley is mild, compared to what she has called me.:D

Here's an idea!

I can pull up the list I got saved of all the courteous, civil things you've called others over the years.

Shall I go get it and show all your new friends here just what a kind, polite person you were on the WOT board?

Back