So Bush "made us less safe"?

It was not supposed to bring the prices down, but to bring the profits up. sheesh.

Ever hear of a Neocon wanting to limit profit ?

They do not make profits if they do not sell the oil. The economic law of Supply and Demand still applies even with world oil.

Have you ever looked at who makes the most profit on oil? How much is made on the taxes for oil products?

Ever hear of a Liberal wanting to lower taxes.

They do not make profits if they do not sell the oil. The economic law of Supply and Demand still applies even with world oil.

Have you ever looked at who makes the most profit on oil? How much is made on the taxes for oil products?

Ever hear of a Liberal wanting to lower taxes.

The law of supply and demand has been left in the dust where oil is concerned.

The law of supply and demand has been left in the dust where oil is concerned.

I guess in the world of Liberal economics, the basic law of Supply and Demand does not exist. I did not realize that oil was exempt. Is there any other commodity that is exempt?

I guess in the world of Liberal economics, the basic law of Supply and Demand does not exist. I did not realize that oil was exempt. Is there any other commodity that is exempt?

Ohh it exists where monopolies and such do not make it irrelevant.

With oil speculation monopolies and war premiums have made the law of supply and demand impotent where oil is concerned though.

Ohh it exists where monopolies and such do not make it irrelevant.

With oil speculation monopolies and war premiums have made the law of supply and demand impotent where oil is concerned though.

What monopoly are you referring to? You said "oil speculation monopolies". That indicates that there is more than one monopoly.

Would you please explain that statement in a bit more detail? I am not sure I am clear on your meaning.

What monopoly are you referring to? You said "oil speculation monopolies". That indicates that there is more than one monopoly.

Would you please explain that statement in a bit more detail? I am not sure I am clear on your meaning.

Hmm I left out a comma between speculation and monopolies, but that does bring up another possible angle on the problem.

Hmm I left out a comma between speculation and monopolies, but that does bring up another possible angle on the problem.

The oil companies make about 4% profit on gas at the pump. If you think that "Supply and Demand" does not apply, why do the Oil Companies increase the profit to 8% and cut their production in half. They would still make the same money and would have less overhead.

Based on $4.00 gas, they are now making $0.16/gallon. If they cut the production in half and increased their profit to $0.32/gallon, are you saying that gas would only increase to $4.16?

The oil companies make about 4% profit on gas at the pump. If you think that "Supply and Demand" does not apply, why do the Oil Companies increase the profit to 8% and cut their production in half. They would still make the same money and would have less overhead.

Based on $4.00 gas, they are now making $0.16/gallon. If they cut the production in half and increased their profit to $0.32/gallon, are you saying that gas would only increase to $4.16?

I am not saying that at all. Only those with very simplistic minds would even think of that irrationale.

I am not saying that at all. Only those with very simplistic minds would even think of that irrationale.

Take a look at what you said...

"With oil speculation monopolies and war premiums have made the law of supply and demand impotent where oil is concerned though."

"The law of supply and demand has been left in the dust where oil is concerned."

You said that the Law of Supply and Demand did not apply where oil is concerned. I just proved to you that the law of Supply and Demand does apply to the oil market along with any commodity that has value. I also proved that the problem is production. If production is increased, the price will drop. And you call that "irrationale".

Back