So.. If the Media is really "conservative"...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
Where are the constant War Protester stories? They are still out there, they are still protesting... but they are no longer being covered.

:cool:

Any idea if Darla and her group(s?) are still out protesting? I know she's real busy with work and may not have the time herself though.

Any idea if Darla and her group(s?) are still out protesting? I know she's real busy with work and may not have the time herself though.
I don't know if she is, but the Code Pinkers have made a show of being non-partisan and have continued to protest the wars.

all wars are AOK now that a Democrat is in office..

you notice we don't even hear from the code pinkos anymore..

all wars are AOK now that a Democrat is in office..

you notice we don't even hear from the code pinkos anymore..

You've got that wrong.

Some of Obama's harshest criticism comes from the far left re: the wars.

Check some of BAC's posts sometime.

You've got that wrong.

Some of Obama's harshest criticism comes from the far left re: the wars.

Check some of BAC's posts sometime.
My point is.. where is the coverage?

If five people gathered to say something bad about Bush it would be on the next news cycle, now with 24 hour news we get stories of dogs who are raising a litter of phones (not kidding) but nothing about protesters...

If five people gathered to say something bad about Bush it would be on the next news cycle, now with 24 hour news we get stories of dogs who are raising a litter of phones (not kidding) but nothing about protesters...

Our government hasn't changed and we hardly get any "anti-war" protest stories anymore.

It'll only come back to our screens if the Afghanistan situation gets a lot worse.

That's one of the most oft-repeated exaggerations on this site.

Stuff like that gets reported a lot in the beginning. But the media got war fatigue, just like they are getting healthcare fatigue. It is absolutely not true that if 5 people gathered to say something bad about Bush it would be in the news; I know you are using hyperbole, but they simply didn't cover additional protests after awhile.

And no one is saying the media is conservative; that's another strawman. Fox is conservative. MSNBC is liberal. Everyone else falls in between, at varying degrees, but mostly left-leaning.

I don't know if that points to conservative media. I think it points more to is false outrage from the liberals. They hated the war under Bush, they can't be bothered under Obama cause now their false outrage is geared at healthcare.

I agree with you and its probably because of my political leanings (and my partisanship) that I notice it. For example, locally in the Bay Area, the S.F. Chronicle use to write articles on individuals and groups as small as five people who were protesting war (usually Iraq) and Bush. And I'm talking in the 2007-2008 time frame, not just at the start of the wars. They haven't written any of those types of articles since Obama's been in office.

Stuff like that gets reported a lot in the beginning. But the media got war fatigue, just like they are getting healthcare fatigue. It is absolutely not true that if 5 people gathered to say something bad about Bush it would be in the news; I know you are using hyperbole, but they simply didn't cover additional protests after awhile.

And no one is saying the media is conservative; that's another strawman. Fox is conservative. MSNBC is liberal. Everyone else falls in between, at varying degrees, but mostly left-leaning.
Cool 'nuff.

But you are wrong, people try to say that the media is conservative and have on this site consistently, this post was mostly for them, and a bit tongue in cheek as you noted with the "if five people gathered" quip.

If the media were actually conservative, would they not play up the "divide" and at least show if not exaggerate the protests?

msnbc is liberal? You're truthiness is stunning.

When Gw was in office ya had a daily body count on the news every night, what happen to that?

I agree with you and its probably because of my political leanings (and my partisanship) that I notice it. For example, locally in the Bay Area, the S.F. Chronicle use to write articles on individuals and groups as small as five people who were protesting war (usually Iraq) and Bush. And I'm talking in the 2007-2008 time frame, not just at the start of the wars. They haven't written any of those types of articles since Obama's been in office.
Yet we know that some are still protesting.

They'll write a scathing critique of "teabagger" events (not realizing that it makes them the teabaggee), they'll work hard to make fun of "birthers" who are less organized, but they used to report 7 guys protesting in front of a recruiting station in Berkeley, now nada. Zip. And this was definitely in 2006/2007/2008 time frames....

:dunno:

When Gw was in office ya had a daily body count on the news every night, what happen to that?

Another myth.

Yes, for awhile, the media would report body count miilestones.

There was nothing on it during Bush's last 6 months or so.

Again - war fatigue.

You guys just have a chip on your shoulder.

Another myth.

Yes, for awhile, the media would report body count miilestones.

There was nothing on it during Bush's last 6 months or so.

Again - war fatigue.

You guys just have a chip on your shoulder.

I heard it every night for a long time, it must of been great news for them to do it every night, so I am to assume it is no longer news, and not on for the last 6 months of GW's term, lol, your crazy it was a every night thing, first the weather then the body count:rolleyes:

Could it be that the liberal media doesn't want the American people thinking of war now? :cool:

Back