So.. If the Media is really "conservative"...

I heard it every night for a long time, it must of been great news for them to do it every night, so I am to assume it is no longer news, and not on for the last 6 months of GW's term, lol, your crazy it was a every night thing, first the weather then the body count:rolleyes:

Could it be that the liberal media doesn't want the American people thinking of war now? :cool:

No; it really wasn't.

The media barely reported on the war at all - at least as any kind of front page news - during the last half of 2008.

Like I said - you guys have a chip on your shoulder. It's a "persecution complex" thing. It skews your reality.

No; it really wasn't.

The media barely reported on the war at all - at least as any kind of front page news - during the last half of 2008.

Like I said - you guys have a chip on your shoulder. It's a "persecution complex" thing. It skews your reality.

Guess we will just have to agree to dis agree with this one

My point is.. where is the coverage?

If five people gathered to say something bad about Bush it would be on the next news cycle, now with 24 hour news we get stories of dogs who are raising a litter of phones (not kidding) but nothing about protesters...

The wars make the corps money, why would they allow the corporate news to ruin that?

They did not work to ruin it ,they beat the drums to protect the money flow untill the American public stopped watching their news stations and went to the internets.

When it effected the bottom line they allowed SOME coverage to seep through.

Lets remember ONLY Olberman was reporting on the war protests that were in the thousands in the early years.

Hell there were NO TV reports on the fact that downing street KNEW they were lying about the war.

It was a fucking FACT and next to no one reported it.

Just pull out of Iraq already!
From what I read it is getting ready for more trouble over there.
Wussy assed dems.

They did not work to ruin it ,they beat the drums to protect the money flow untill the American public stopped watching their news stations and went to the internets.

When it effected the bottom line they allowed SOME coverage to seep through.

Lets remember ONLY Olberman was reporting on the war protests that were in the thousands in the early years.

Hell there were NO TV reports on the fact that downing street KNEW they were lying about the war.

It was a fucking FACT and next to no one reported it.
Please, they reported it for years, showed constant protests, even some as small as 7 people (that's the one I remember from 2007/2008 timeframe in Berkeley), then "The O" becomes President and suddenly the coverage is just gone. They called for the coffins to be photographed and photographible, they drove constantly against the wars while Bush was in office.

Now, coffins can be photographed, yet none are prevalent on the news. There is only one difference that really makes any difference at all... There is a decorative D by the name of one of the Presidents.

Desh is basically correct in that, in the lead-up to war, the media took a holiday.

As for there being this dramatic cutoff in war coverage starting this past January, I'm not sure what media anyone was perusing during the latter half of '08, but the media I saw barely covered either war.

I still have to laugh at that lie that Bush lied about Iraq..

the laughable part of it all is how those oh so intelligent Democrats could of fallen for a "lie" and voted for the war...snort.

the laughable part of it all is how those oh so intelligent Democrats could of fallen for a "lie" and voted for the war...snort.

AND STILL ARE?

Oh God we are back to this again that the war protests didn't get covered in 2003? Unless you choose not to watch any mainstream TV or read any mainstream media you could not avoid stories about the war protests during that time.

Why do you laugh about that?

Bush did lie about the intel, and he cherrypicked to buid a case for war. That is indisputable at this point.

And I don't excuse Dems who voted for that resolution...

Desh is basically correct in that, in the lead-up to war, the media took a holiday.

As for there being this dramatic cutoff in war coverage starting this past January, I'm not sure what media anyone was perusing during the latter half of '08, but the media I saw barely covered either war.
I actually agree with the lead up part. However, I still saw the reports and death counts on See B.S. (yeah, I watch it occasionally). They don't do those anymore.

The latter half of 2008 the economy did take over a bunch of the news coverage, but the war and protests were still there.

Cindy Sheehan was a media darling back then and was on the news every day..
she is now protesting the Hugo Obama and not one word have we heard about it..she is no longer a useful tool for the left I guess..poor thing

I actually agree with the lead up part. However, I still saw the reports and death counts on See B.S. (yeah, I watch it occasionally). They don't do those anymore.

The latter half of 2008 the economy did take over a bunch of the news coverage, but the war and protests were still there.

Honestly, I don't even know what you guys are talking about with the "protest coverage." I don't even remember any major protests in the latter half of 2008.

The only thing I remember is that Code Pink protester getting in Rice's face. If that or something like it happened today, there is no doubt the media would report it.

But a run of the mill protest? You're acting like there is a degree of protest the media reported in '08 that they willfully do not report now. I disagree with that.

Cindy Sheehan was a media darling back then and was on the news every day..
she is now protesting the Hugo Obama and not one word have we heard about it..she is no longer a useful tool for the left I guess..poor thing

Perfect case in point - thank you. Sheehan was barely covered after the initial Crawford protest. There was even a post on here by a rightie in '08 about something she was clearly doing to try to get coverage, but no one was covering it.

The media tends to move on after awhile.

I heard it every night for a long time, it must of been great news for them to do it every night, so I am to assume it is no longer news, and not on for the last 6 months of GW's term, lol, your crazy it was a every night thing, first the weather then the body count:rolleyes:

Could it be that the liberal media doesn't want the American people thinking of war now? :cool:

I never heard a daily body count when I watched news. If somebody was killed, then the reporter might say "that makes the 4,324th soldier to die in this conflict".

Becuase the war coverage became the IN thing to cover.

They did not cover the things like congress allowing the corps to do whatever the fuck they wanted for profits sake , screwing the economy into a near death spiral.

Now the economy is top because people are scared and hurting.

They do report the INSANE batshitcrazy crap like the birthers and deathers as if there was ANY shred of credibility to the arguements.

Its fucking lies and it gets covered like it isnt obvious that it is.

Lets remember that me and my friends turned out to be right about the shit Bush was doing, this shit is obvious lies.

I never heard a daily body count when I watched news. If somebody was killed, then the reporter might say "that makes the 4,324th soldier to die in this conflict".

I don't even remember reporters doing that.

The coverage of both the war & the protests in the last half of 2008 is vastly overstated by most on the right, at least on this board.

Honestly, I don't even know what you guys are talking about with the "protest coverage." I don't even remember any major protests in the latter half of 2008.

The only thing I remember is that Code Pink protester getting in Rice's face. If that or something like it happened today, there is no doubt the media would report it.

But a run of the mill protest? You're acting like there is a degree of protest the media reported in '08 that they willfully do not report now. I disagree with that.
I'm not "acting like" it, I've given examples, and Cawacko noted it in his local news as well.

Back