Solving Human Problems through transforming Human Attitudes

So laws against murder, stealing, etc are ineffective and should be removed?

Of course if you think so :)

Laws will always be broken. Making a law stops no actions it just makes it possible to prosecute those that break the laws. And does convince the many not to break the law.

Of course if you think so :)

Laws will always be broken. Making a law stops no actions it just makes it possible to prosecute those that break the laws. And does convince the many not to break the law.

Convincing the many not to break the law is stopping action.

You're making no sense. Of course it's changeable, and it's changing to a lower level. I'm perfectly consistent. A lower level means people are unable to trust each other less and are moving towards a more animal like barbaric state.
Nonsense. People are moving away from the irrational, fear driven false morality of the "Greatest" (sic) generation. It's all good.

Of course Ornot, some might want to break the law to bed down with Bubba in the crossbar hotel :)
The cons expect homosexuality in prison ;) And don't seemed inclined to stop it in there.

Convincing ALL to stop breaking the law is stopping action. Convincing the many to stop is slowing action. Convincing the ALL will never happen.

No. Convincing SOME to stop breaking the law is stopping SOME action. Some action counts as action.

So you think that laws are useless without 100% compliance? Please forgive me for saying, but that's totally moronic.

No. Convincing SOME to stop breaking the law is stopping SOME action. Some action counts as action.

So you think that laws are useless without 100% compliance? Please forgive me for saying, but that's totally moronic.

Compared to your previous response ?
"Convincing the many not to break the law is stopping action."

Which way is it now ?

Do you prefer the rationalized pre-emptive culling of the herd, favoring you as the "decider", instead of a freedom based society, where your hegemony is less complete? Are you an oligarchical, statist, genocidal technocrat?

Don't know if I can sustain another deep and meaningful argument but what the hell....

Asshat, the type of freedom you describe above is known as negative freedom. Can you think of any way in which negative freedom can be in fact totalitarian....?

Do you prefer the rationalized pre-emptive culling of the herd, favoring you as the "decider", instead of a freedom based society, where your hegemony is less complete? Are you an oligarchical, statist, genocidal technocrat?

Don't know if I can sustain another deep and meaningful argument but what the hell....

Asshat, the type of freedom you describe above is known as negative freedom. Can you think of any way in which negative freedom can be in fact totalitarian....?

Im describing fascists, and their statist collaborators, and their intentions for the rest of us.

Last edited:
Im describing fascists, and their statist collaborators, and their intentions for the rest of us.

You are describing the difference between negative and positive freedom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positive_liberty
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_liberty

Now can you think of an example of when negative liberty could become as totalitarian as positive liberty can?

I feel your extra dimension of analysis in this matter is pointless and unnecesary. Haven't read the articles, nor will I.

I feel your extra dimension of analysis in this matter is pointless and unnecesary. Haven't read the articles, nor will I.
That's because you're an incurious anti-intellectual. Otherwise known as a fathead.

As Plato once said through the mouthpiece of his favorite sock-puppet, the unexamined life is not worth living. Give me your address and I'll mail you a bullet. :rolleyes:

Well they say that ignorance is bliss.... How happy are you?

That's because you're an incurious anti-intellectual. Otherwise known as a fathead.

As Plato once said through the mouthpiece of his favorite sock-puppet, the unexamined life is not worth living. Give me your address and I'll mail you a bullet. :rolleyes:

Funny you should say that, considering i've been beating your ass all over this board for about three days straight.

Not very, having to put up with your idiocy.

Ok, explain why ignoring variables and argument is an intelligent thing to do...

considering i've been beating your ass all over this board for about three days straight.

strange how you are the only person that sees you winning any arguments, eh?

Back