Something NEW to frighten the Right.

Really? I'd beg to differ with you on that. Have you read this board in the past couple of months?

That's what I thought too, but the pundits and polls lately have been saying that a larger portion of Clinton supporters would prefer McCain to Obama.

I don't understand those tools, but nonetheless I've heard what Jarod has said several times in news reports.

I believe tucker carlson refers to us on this board who are anti-Clinton/pro-obama as elitists, prius driving leftists who will refuse to sell out an support a warmonger.

I understand that I'm an Obama homer, but I don't understand the level of vindictiveness toward Obama by Clinton supporters. To me, Clinton has run a fairly dirty, Rovian campaign. I don't see that Obama has been that unfair to Hillary; for the most part, he has been criticized for not hitting back hard, and getting down in the mud with her.

I'll never vote for Hillary, and I don't think that's going to soften. Still, it's hard for me to understand why a greater % of Hillary supporters say they won't support Obama.

This election won’t swing on abortion and gun control and there is no way any republican should be able to win it. That doesn’t mean that some won’t vote on those issues, some always will, but they will be few and far between. If he loses, it will be because of racism, period.

You can say that all you want but I simply don't believe it. When it gets to lever pulling time, for most people it will boil down to issues. Maybe I have too much faith in the people of this country. At any rate, we simply disagree yet again.

I understand that I'm an Obama homer, but I don't understand the level of vindictiveness toward Obama by Clinton supporters. To me, Clinton has run a fairly dirty, Rovian campaign. I don't see that Obama has been that unfair to Hillary; for the most part, he has been criticized for not hitting back hard, and getting down in the mud with her.

I'll never vote for Hillary, and I don't think that's going to soften. Still, it's hard for me to understand why a greater % of Hillary supporters say they won't support Obama.

They feel they have their reasons, just as you feel you have yours. With some of them though, it's pure racism. Some of them just feel really burned that a young upstart can beat an experienced woman who earned it more. (I don't agree with those characterizations, but they do)

Would you vote for Obama if he puts Hillary on his ticket?

You can say that all you want but I simply don't believe it. When it gets to lever pulling time, for most people it will boil down to issues. Maybe I have too much faith in the people of this country. At any rate, we simply disagree yet again.

You're in denial. I'm not.

That's what I thought too, but the pundits and polls lately have been saying that a larger portion of Clinton supporters would prefer McCain to Obama.

I don't understand those tools, but nonetheless I've heard what Jarod has said several times in news reports.

I believe tucker carlson refers to us on this board who are anti-Clinton/pro-obama as elitists, prius driving leftists who will refuse to sell out an support a warmonger.

I'm still of the belief that most of those feelings will disappear by November. However Darla has described pretty well the feeling of women over 50 who really want to see a women President and could take out their anger at Obama for beating Hillary by voting for McCain.

They feel they have their reasons, just as you feel you have yours. With some of them though, it's pure racism. Some of them just feel really burned that a young upstart can beat an experienced woman who earned it more. (I don't agree with those characterizations, but they do)

Yeah, I probably would, though I'd worry for his health.

Women's rights will take a hit if McCain is elected; I have no doubt that Roe will be overturned, at the very least. I just don't get it with the vindictiveness, though I think the characterization you lay out is correct; ultimately, though, it's pretty self-defeating.

Funny how the Right hates Senator Clinton for running a Rovian type campaign.

That would be extremely hard for me to do.

I'd really have to think long and hard about that one. But they were saying that it owuld be a smart move for him to do that. Although I think putting edwards on there would appease some of hte hillary voters & racists.

Yeah, I probably would, though I'd worry for his health.

Women's rights will take a hit if McCain is elected; I have no doubt that Roe will be overturned, at the very least. I just don't get it with the vindictiveness, though I think the characterization you lay out is correct; ultimately, though, it's pretty self-defeating.

If McCain wins I'll make you a bet Roe does not get overturned.

I'm still of the belief that most of those feelings will disappear by November. However Darla has described pretty well the feeling of women over 50 who really want to see a women President and could take out their anger at Obama for beating Hillary by voting for McCain.

yeah, that will be one step for feminism:

voting for another man.

Please; they're only 1 judge away. It will definitely be overturned. You think McCain is going to appoint pro-choice judges?

I'll take that bet.

I'm not saying he'll appoint pro-choice judges I'm saying it will not get overturned.

That would be extremely hard for me to do.

I'd really have to think long and hard about that one. But they were saying that it owuld be a smart move for him to do that. Although I think putting edwards on there would appease some of hte hillary voters & racists.

Well, I’d love to see Edwards, but I don’t have access to their polling. If they are showing that they can’t win the needed number of electoral votes without her on the ticket, I am going to support that ticket. It’s not my first pick, but I want to see Obama as President.

Back