Stoicism vs. Materialism

Clearly this person logs in just to troll you.

Nope. I challenge the claim that an unknown mind of a fellow primate is "incapable" of integral calculus. I honestly don't know how Cypress thinks he knows this 'fact'.

This is common in real philosophy classes: to challenge someone's claims especially if they are tossed out without evidence. I am not saying orangs are out there doing calculus, but I think it absurd in the extreme to assume that their brains are somehow INCAPABLE of it without any evidence like being able to know what a brain is capable of.

Just a few decades ago no one would probably think about octopi as being particularly brilliant creatures. But they are FAR smarter than we imagined and they don't even have a centralized brain per se!

Crows, the same thing. They seem to be far smarter than their small "bird brain" would imagine.

Orangutans are apes. So they have a pretty good sized brain. I'm curious how someone could claim they know the CAPABILITIES of that brain without being able to communicate with it.

Nope. I challenge the claim that an unknown mind of a fellow primate is "incapable" of integral calculus. I honestly don't know how Cypress thinks he knows this 'fact'.

This is common in real philosophy classes: to challenge someone's claims especially if they are tossed out without evidence. I am not saying orangs are out there doing calculus, but I think it absurd in the extreme to assume that their brains are somehow INCAPABLE of it without any evidence like being able to know what a brain is capable of.

Just a few decades ago no one would probably think about octopi as being particularly brilliant creatures. But they are FAR smarter than we imagined and they don't even have a centralized brain per se!

Crows, the same thing. They seem to be far smarter than their small "bird brain" would imagine.

Orangutans are apes. So they have a pretty good sized brain. I'm curious how someone could claim they know the CAPABILITIES of that brain without being able to communicate with it.

you're a fucking jerkoff troll

Well, then you didn't understand what I said. You said they were INCAPABLE of it. I am curious how you know this. Unless you think you are PSYCHIC and can read orangutan minds. Is that literally what you think you are capable of? Wow. And you think i'm being weird.

I am fascinated how no one has ever challenged your claims. Funny but you are incapable of defending them.

Now you think you know what is the capabilities of minds you've never communicated with.

Funny.

QED on Perry being Perry. LOL

It's so funny that Cypress, BidenPresident and Doc have never had a real philosophy class where a university prof challenged their claims. It's hilarious to see an autodidact try to exist in a socratic type setting. LOL.

So you can read orangutan minds? That's your claim now? Flying helicopters, making bets and reading orangutan minds. Wow. You're amazing.
No, Perry. OTOH, you're free to believe orangutans can do calculus. :thup:

8h88jg.gif

It's so funny that Cypress, BidenPresident and Doc have never had a real philosophy class where a university prof challenged their claims. It's hilarious to see an autodidact try to exist in a socratic type setting. LOL.

You're free to believe orangutans know integral calculus.

I'm trying to discuss ideas here with posters who aren't mentally ill.

You're free to believe orangutans know how to do integral calculus.

I'm trying to discuss ideas here with posters who aren't mentally ill.

No, you have never had anyone challenge your thoughts. Just answer the question: how do you know this about orangutans? (I know you WON'T because you CAN'T but you seem to think you are able to, so have at it)

Some people collect spoons, some vodka bottles and some, like me, collect tribute threads. :thup:

I think it's hilarious that you think Cypress can read an orangutan's mind.

you guys wouldn't last 2 minutes in a real philosophy class or any sort of socratic method discussion. LOL.

Back