Study finds that Republicans swallow fake news more than Democrats

A pandemic is certain to screw things up for everyone as intelligent people can see. The dumbasses only see how it affects them and then whine because they are inconvenienced. Fuck those idiots.

So inflation and record gas prices don't affect "intelligent" people, it just affects "dimbasses," huh? :rolleyes:

So inflation and record gas prices don't affect "intelligent" people, it just affects "dimbasses," huh? :rolleyes:

No. The Intelligent people see the consequences of hard times. Remember in WWII how people banded together to collect rubber, steel pots and accepted rationing of gasoline and sugar?

Modern Americans? They can't even be asked to wear a mask in a pandemic.

No. The Intelligent people see the consequences of hard times. Remember in WWII how people banded together to collect rubber, steel pots and accepted rationing of gasoline and sugar?

No, I wasn't even born yet during WWII so I do not remember.

Very few don't wear masks when asked, more so when they're forced to.

No, I wasn't even born yet during WWII so I do not remember.

Very few don't wear masks when asked, more so when they're forced to.

Thanks for acknowledging your last of historical knowldege.

Disagreed they'd wear masks only if asked "Pretty please with sugar on top".

Thanks for acknowledging your last of historical knowldege.

Disagreed they'd wear masks only if asked "Pretty please with sugar on top".

I never said I knew nothing of historical record. As I said, I wasn't born yet, I don't remember what went on during WWII.

Making up shit again because you don't know.

Why do you think you had to be not only born then but old enough to be aware in order to learn?

Did you ever read Studs Terkel’s “The Good War”? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Good_War

Huh? You asked if I remembered it.

No, but I did read this one years ago

51Jb5RlA3eL._SX385_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I wouldn't buy it because it was very expensive, I borrowed it from one of the guys in my gun club who was an Army "ringer." Lots of good info in this book..

In the US, rationing of gasoline was done to save rubber, not gasoline. There was a shortage of natural rubber and until synthetics, like Buna, could be produced in sufficient quantities gasoline was rationed to limit tire wear. Collection of things like steel and aluminum pots was just a feel good move for the public. It contributed next to nothing to the war effort.

Rationing also led to industry opening company cafeterias and such, that could get around the rationing to some extent. Companies did this because of wage and price controls imposed by the FDR administration on them. These amounted to 'wages in kind' that were used as an incentive to get people hired in a labor shortage market.

It's interesting to note that during WW 2, members of Congress gave themselves "X" cards for gasoline meaning they had unlimited access to that commodity...

Paper and paper products got rationed not because there was a shortage due to production capacity but rather because there was a shortage of loggers who got drafted heavily and resulted in not enough trees being felled to make it from... Later in the war, this was partially made up by using POW's who were paid higher wages as POW's than they got being in the German (or Italian) army...

On the other hand, the federal bureaucracy crippled many businesses by mandating useless regular reports on all aspects of their production. At one point, the government banned all "pleasure driving" and expected local police to enforce this unenforceable edict.

:rolleyes:

Huh? You asked if I remembered it.

No, but I did read this one years ago

51Jb5RlA3eL._SX385_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I wouldn't buy it because it was very expensive, I borrowed it from one of the guys in my gun club who was an Army "ringer." Lots of good info in this book..

No doubt a good book, but Turkel's book is a Pulitzer winning account of personal experiences during WWII on all fronts, including the Homefront. It's a way to learn about our previous conversation.

In the US, rationing of gasoline was done to save rubber, not gasoline. There was a shortage of natural rubber and until synthetics, like Buna, could be produced in sufficient quantities gasoline was rationed to limit tire wear. Collection of things like steel and aluminum pots was just a feel good move for the public. It contributed next to nothing to the war effort.

Rationing also led to industry opening company cafeterias and such, that could get around the rationing to some extent. Companies did this because of wage and price controls imposed by the FDR administration on them. These amounted to 'wages in kind' that were used as an incentive to get people hired in a labor shortage market.

It's interesting to note that during WW 2, members of Congress gave themselves "X" cards for gasoline meaning they had unlimited access to that commodity...

Paper and paper products got rationed not because there was a shortage due to production capacity but rather because there was a shortage of loggers who got drafted heavily and resulted in not enough trees being felled to make it from... Later in the war, this was partially made up by using POW's who were paid higher wages as POW's than they got being in the German (or Italian) army...

On the other hand, the federal bureaucracy crippled many businesses by mandating useless regular reports on all aspects of their production. At one point, the government banned all "pleasure driving" and expected local police to enforce this unenforceable edict.

:rolleyes:
Some things never change...especially Congressmen. LOL

Two points: Hanlon's Razor and the fact "modern" Americans are spoiled brats in comparison to the Greatest Generation.

utFtkM2.jpeg

Back