Study: Single parents cost taxpayers $112 billion

Sounds like a prime time for a chick dumping.

Ohh it was. Her butt was gone that day.

I don't really know if she was pregnant or not, but too bad if she was because if she was it sure was not mine. And she told me she had not been with anyone else.

Free birth control to anyone who asks for it.

Free condoms and more research into male contraception.

You can not tell people how to live their lives folks. They can have sex withwhoever is willing to have sex with them. If they all had Free birth control you would see alot less kids to unmarrieds.

Sadly, I am not sure that is true. You would be surprised by the number of youngsters that refuse to use birth control. That said, it can't hurt to hand it out.

It would debase the entire SS system to allow rich people to opt out at will. In the end that could only be made up by taxing rich people more.

What do you do if someone opted out of SS and then was old and broke. Just let em starve ?
Or let em back in after them not paying in ?

Kinda like the double dipping thing that can happen with school vouchers.

Say you have a school voucher and put your kid in a private school. and then during the school year you have to move. Should the kid be allowed to go to Public school in the new location or is it up to you to pay for private school ? Or do you just get another voucher ?

Same thing if the kid gets kicked out of private school for some reason.

Last edited:
What do you do if someone opted out of SS and then was old and broke. Just let em starve ?
Or let em back in after them not paying in ?

Kinda like the double dipping thing that can happen with school vouchers.

Say you have a school voucher and put your kid in a private school. and then during the school year you have to move. Should the kid be allowed to go to Public school in the new location or is it up to you to pay for private school ? Or do you just get another voucher ?

Same thing if the kid gets kicked out of private school for some reason.

I imagine that most people opting out of SS would be making enough money to not qualify for it.

Things change, most young would opt out thinking they will never need it.

So you think you're smarter than everyone else. THEY just don't realize that YOU know THEY will need it later.

If that's going to be your justification, you should stfu about how you "don't want to tell people how to live their lives".

Ddin't Reagan draw SS ?

Now if you make over a certain amount they will tax it.

which is wrong, but Reagan started that I think with his tax cut.

Ddin't Reagan draw SS ?

Now if you make over a certain amount they will tax it.

which is wrong, but Reagan started that I think with his tax cut.

If you make over a certain amount they will tax HALF of it...the half that was never taxed, the half that your employer contributed toward's it....the employer got a tax break and did not have to pay income taxes on his half of the contribution in your name....

IF you make more than a certain amount, they tax you on half of your check.

Care

Well yeah Care, but I am only going to be drawing out the half I paid in :D

Yep had not thought about that , the employer exernalizes his tax cost to the employee.

Sadly, I am not sure that is true. You would be surprised by the number of youngsters that refuse to use birth control. That said, it can't hurt to hand it out.

If its free and easy to use (which is why I call for a better study of male controception) then More will use it. Condoms are good but many dont use them because it causes them to stop and think in a situation in which millions of year of evolution have designed us to not want to think but just act. It also visually messes with the act which is enough to make people not use it.
You can call people stupid and get mad at them for not stopping and thinking but it wont change them.

The smart thing to do is work with how people truely are and develop a better system so they dont have to stop and think at that momment.

If its free and easy to use (which is why I call for a better study of male controception) then More will use it. Condoms are good but many dont use them because it causes them to stop and think in a situation in which millions of year of evolution have designed us to not want to think but just act. It also visually messes with the act which is enough to make people not use it.
You can call people stupid and get mad at them for not stopping and thinking but it wont change them.

The smart thing to do is work with how people truely are and develop a better system so they dont have to stop and think at that momment.

You are saying the exact same thing I already responded to. I never said anything about condoms, I said about birth control in general. I personally know people that refuse to use birth control because they do not like condoms and are too lazy to get the pill. The pill, by the way, cannot be handed out for free, because the health risks involved necessitate seeing a doctor.

That being said, it cannot hurt to hand out condoms or make it cheaper to obtain other forms of birth control. All I am saying is that I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Then you give them free examines.

My point was more would use it.

Yes there are people who really like the idea they are taking a risk and those who secretly like to make someone pregnant and get pregnant. You can never control all the factors.

Then you give them free examines.

My point was more would use it.

Yes there are people who really like the idea they are taking a risk and those who secretly like to make someone pregnant and get pregnant. You can never control all the factors.

Give whom free exams?

It would debase the entire SS system to allow rich people to opt out at will.

Coupla questions, after I finished laughing at the ignorance that gave rise to such a statement:

1.) How can you possibly debase a failing Ponzi scheme any more than it already is?

2.) What makes you think only "the rich" would want to opt out?

What will people get out of SS? And what would they have gotten if they had invested the same money in retirement funds instead?

Say a guy had started his working career 45 years ago at age 20. He starts at minimum wage back then. And the only raises he EVER gets are cost-of-living increases. Maybe his abilities aren't high, he never gets any merit increases in 45 years. The vast majority of working people do much better than that, of course.

He "contributes" as required to SS for the whole period, and his employer "contributes" the same, also as required by law.

How much would he get from SS if he retires today, at age 65? Max is around $1,700/month (slightly less than $20,000/year) for as long as he lives. Say he lives another 20 years (well beyond the average). Total comes to around $360,000. And when he dies he gets a few hundred for funeral, and that's it. His surviving kids get nothing.

Now, suppose he was somehow able to invest that money (his and the employer's payments on his behalf) in a typical retirement fund instead that pays, say, 7% (most actually pay more).

How much would he have in that fund today at age 65? Anyone care to do the math?

(Hint: can you say "Millionaire"?)

He can live off the interest alone once he retires FOREVER, getting more than $70,000/year, and never decrease the principal amount that's in the fund. And when he dies, his heirs get to split up the entire $million-plus total in the fund.

And that was a guy who started at minimum wage and never got anything in the way of raises, except cost-of-living adjustments. Most people will mave made more, and invested more, than he did.

Want to know the most significant result of Social Security in this country? Social Security has DISPOSSESSED MORE MILLIONAIRES than all the thieves, swindlers, depressions, catastrophes, wars, politicians, inflation schemes, and lawyers the country has seen since its founding in 1776.

And it's the centerpiece of modern liberalism - their shining monument to government effectiveness.

They speak more truly than they know. Social Security is demonstrably the grandest robbery scheme in history.

Back