Take Back Barack

I disagree. I think what killed McCain was McCain and Palin.

I'd argue what killed McCain was the financial meltdown. If memory is correct McCain and Palin were leading at the time the meltdown hit and they never recovered from it. One could probably argue that if maybe Romney was on the ticket it wouldn't have been as bad for McCain but I don't think it mattered who he had on his ticket, he was not going to be able to overcome the meltdown.

I disagree. I think what killed McCain was McCain and Palin.

palin actually rallied his base...while it is true that mccain is mccain's own enemy, don't you think that the oft repeated mantra of mccain being another four years of bush had a significant impact on the election? dems for sure hate bush and many republicans as well, it was a good campaign strategy, not entirely true, but a good deceptive campaign ploy by obama.

palin actually rallied his base...while it is true that mccain is mccain's own enemy, don't you think that the oft repeated mantra of mccain being another four years of bush had a significant impact on the election? dems for sure hate bush and many republicans as well, it was a good campaign strategy, not entirely true, but a good deceptive campaign ploy by obama.

I'd argue a difference between '04 and '08. While the basis of what you say is correct in '04 it was ABB from the Democrats and that didn't translate to the independent vote. In '08 people actually got on the Obama bandwagon and that included Independents which is what Obama rode to victory.

I'd argue a difference between '04 and '08. While the basis of what you say is correct in '04 it was ABB from the Democrats and that didn't translate to the independent vote. In '08 people actually got on the Obama bandwagon and that included Independents which is what Obama rode to victory.

thats true. i was also thinking that bush really did not do mccain any favors in this election. it was as if bush didn't care if mccain lost. that pic of them hugging, i think bush did it on purpose.

I'd argue what killed McCain was the financial meltdown. If memory is correct McCain and Palin were leading at the time the meltdown hit and they never recovered from it. One could probably argue that if maybe Romney was on the ticket it wouldn't have been as bad for McCain but I don't think it mattered who he had on his ticket, he was not going to be able to overcome the meltdown.

I actually think it was more than the actual meltdown itself.... I think McCain's REACTION TO the meltdown spelled his doom.

I actually think it was more than the actual meltdown itself.... I think McCain's REACTION TO the meltdown spelled his doom.

and your and other liberals giddy reaction to the economic issues. I have not seen you so happy V since the death toll for the US troops in Iraq hit 4,000

Liberals on TV and radio could not have been happier to see the wealth and savings of workers wiped out - it could only help them win more power in DC

and we know for a fact, that is all that ever matters to you and your ilk

and your and other liberals giddy reaction to the economic issues. I have not seen you so happy V since the death toll for the US troops in Iraq hit 4,000

Liberals on TV and radio could not have been happier to see the wealth and savings of workers wiped out - it could only help them win more power in DC

and we know for a fact, that is all that ever matters to you and your ilk

au contraire... I was not happy at all about the economic meltdown, and I certainly have never been happy about any US troop deaths.

au contraire... I was not happy at all about the economic meltdown, and I certainly have never been happy about any US troop deaths.

Your posts on DP tell a different story. You are very happy when others are miserable

You were very pleased when our troops died in Iraq - you saw it as a chance to make gains politically. You had no problem using their dead bodies as stepping stones

You posted how you were delighted in knowing how Republicans would suffer and lose money in the down market

As always V, it is always party before country with you

Back