taking a break from modding

Ezekiel 23:20 Yet she multiplied her promiscuity, remembering the days of her youth, when she had prostituted herself in the land of Egypt and lusted after their lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of stallions

Awesome. I'm sure my 9 year old grandson would enjoy a Bible reading assignment. I'll send him to his Grandma if he has any questions. ;)

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel+23&version=NIV

Interesting that this Biblical god refers to gods, plural. And of course they want to keep all the goodies for themselves. lol

When I was 8 I asked about this, the answer given was unsatisfying and became one of the original reasons that I later told the church, probably one of my worst mistakes, that I didn't believe. This began an enforced regime, from 10 on when I told them, of classes and time at the church at an unprecedented level. No 10 year old (through 17 when I joined the Navy and left for boot camp) should have to endure this kind of nonsense. The church was huge, had its own bible college, I was enrolled in many classes... Now I did get some benefit from this, I did learn sign language... once learned they forced me to translate on Thursday evening services for the deaf folk in their congregation. I was part of the "art ministry"... That's a whole different experience that will need its own post. I was also forced to translate for the Prison Ministry when they ministered to folks in prison... some of whom are deaf. There are other classes, etc. that I was forced into, but we'll get into that nonsense later.

Not believing in gods is not something that makes one a liberal... I am not that.

When I was 8 I asked about this, the answer given was unsatisfying and became one of the original reasons that I later told the church, probably one of my worst mistakes, that I didn't believe. This began an enforced regime, from 10 on when I told them, of classes and time at the church at an unprecedented level. No 10 year old (through 17 when I joined the Navy and left for boot camp) should have to endure this kind of nonsense. The church was huge, had its own bible college, I was enrolled in many classes... Now I did get some benefit from this, I did learn sign language... once learned they forced me to translate on Thursday evening services for the deaf folk in their congregation. I was part of the "art ministry"... That's a whole different experience that will need its own post. I was also forced to translate for the Prison Ministry when they ministered to folks in prison... some of whom are deaf. There are other classes, etc. that I was forced into, but we'll get into that nonsense later.

This should be in a textbook about "How Not to Bring Your Child to Jesus." Nothing like being punished for being honest. After your period of service in the armed forces, did members of your family and/or this church continue to exhort you about returning to the fold? What led you to your current path?

Not believing in gods is not something that makes one a liberal... I am not that.

Of course not. Interestingly, almost all of the Republican/conservatives that I knew growing up didn't go to church and were atheists. Most of them were also scientists which may have had something to do with that.

I'd like to hear about the "art ministry" when you have the time.

Too many unanswered questions for me to believe in a God, but I certainly respect everyone's right to do so.

I am only conservative fiscally, socially progressive.

This should be in a textbook about "How Not to Bring Your Child to Jesus." Nothing like being punished for being honest. After your period of service in the armed forces, did members of your family and/or this church continue to exhort you about returning to the fold? What led you to your current path?

Of course not. Interestingly, almost all of the Republican/conservatives that I knew growing up didn't go to church and were atheists. Most of them were also scientists which may have had something to do with that.

I'd like to hear about the "art ministry" when you have the time.

True. It did not work well and was a "lead me away" rather than a "lead me to Jesus" moment. And no, by the time I returned from the military I could not be forced into something like that. For a long time I was angry... very angry. But Buddhism helped to resolve that. Not the religion, as it is not one of those... Buddha never taught about gods, but the philosophy.

Among other things. Art Ministry, Prison Ministry, Translator, Israeli Dance Team (travel was involved, some of which I actually got some benefit from), I memorized huge swathes of the bible (some in Greek, it was not pleasant)...

Too many unanswered questions for me to believe in a God, but I certainly respect everyone's right to do so.

I am only conservative fiscally, socially progressive.

the worst possible combination...

turning humans into wage slaves, and villifying traditional families and basic morality...

for you neocons and libertarians, central banks and destroying faith and family were all in the communist manifesto.

True. It did not work well and was a "lead me away" rather than a "lead me to Jesus" moment. And no, by the time I returned from the military I could not be forced into something like that. For a long time I was angry... very angry. But Buddhism helped to resolve that. Not the religion, as it is not one of those... Buddha never taught about gods, but the philosophy.

Among other things. Art Ministry, Prison Ministry, Translator, Israeli Dance Team (travel was involved, some of which I actually got some benefit from), I memorized huge swathes of the bible (some in Greek, it was not pleasant)...

Sometimes I wonder if zealous parents and church members have even the slightest clue that those tactics drive away more souls than they "save."

Israeli Dance Team? What is that?

Sometimes I wonder if zealous parents and church members have even the slightest clue that those tactics drive away more souls than they "save."

Israeli Dance Team? What is that?

Just what it sounds like. We did Israeli dancing... The church thought it was important to try to convert Jewish folks, one of the ways they showed the importance of that was "Israel Awareness Day"... This is where some of the Art Ministry stuff came around. The church I grew up in had well over 10K regularly attending members, there was a large diversity of talent. We had several teams of dancers, from young kids in elementary school, through young adults in their 30s...

Anyway, around 13 I was placed in charge of what I called the holocaust room, and each year I would put together a room that was supposed to give a slight idea of what it was like (enclosed space with slats, you would hear sounds of train, see passing scenes through slats, etc.). While all I could use were images and sound, I put together (with a team of folks) a room that reminded many of the survivors and deeply affected them (at least that is what they told me). I met quite a few folks, held conversations with survivors and in the next year would do better... Previous to that I did a 3D map of Jerusalem. I believe that it is still displayed at their yearly IAD... Like I said, often I would get benefit from their efforts, it just never was the "benefit" they were trying for... I just never believed in God any more than previously, and never would.

Just what it sounds like. We did Israeli dancing... The church thought it was important to try to convert Jewish folks, one of the ways they showed the importance of that was "Israel Awareness Day"... This is where some of the Art Ministry stuff came around. The church I grew up in had well over 10K regularly attending members, there was a large diversity of talent. We had several teams of dancers, from young kids in elementary school, through young adults in their 30s...

Anyway, around 13 I was placed in charge of what I called the holocaust room, and each year I would put together a room that was supposed to give a slight idea of what it was like (enclosed space with slats, you would hear sounds of train, see passing scenes through slats, etc.). While all I could use were images and sound, I put together (with a team of folks) a room that reminded many of the survivors and deeply affected them (at least that is what they told me). I met quite a few folks, held conversations with survivors and in the next year would do better... Previous to that I did a 3D map of Jerusalem. I believe that it is still displayed at their yearly IAD... Like I said, often I would get benefit from their efforts, it just never was the "benefit" they were trying for... I just never believed in God any more than previously, and never would.

I guess I was lucky ,never went to church ,sunday school,any religious training what so ever as a kid.
YHWH had to come to me with an Epiphany when I was 26.

that's fucked up. what denomination was that?

Any chance you will have a change of mind ... when you burn in Hell for Eternity?

I guess I was lucky ,never went to church ,sunday school,any religious training what so ever as a kid.
YHWH had to come to me with an Epiphany when I was 26.

Did that "Epiphany" die the next day when you sobered up or did you slowly strangle it with a lifetime of lies, false accusations and malicious deceit of others?

Im serious,read these people that were pushed into church,and end up non-believers because of organized religion.

Every society throughout history has a 'Story' of how it all started. Thankfully, today, Scientist are better able to tell the 'Story' than the Medicine Men of old.

Back