Talking points: A critique of Bill Cosby on his criticism of today's youth

There are more blacks in jail because blacks commit more crime.

The only reason racism survives is because blacks remain the most racist and Jesse & Al make a lucrative living from racism.

Dude, that's a pretty (very) ignorant statement. As long as there are human beings there will be racism and discrimination. And to suggest that only blacks are racist is off the charts dumb.

And yes Jesse & Al profit from being race hustlers but they do not represent all of black America.

Dude, that's a pretty (very) ignorant statement. As long as there are human beings there will be racism and discrimination. And to suggest that only blacks are racist is off the charts dumb.

And yes Jesse & Al profit from being race hustlers but they do not represent all of black America.

The statement would only be very, very ignorant if I had said "ONLY" blacks were racist as opposed to the fact that I said that blacks were the MOST" racist. Might I suggest you practice your reading comprehension?

The statement would only be very, very ignorant if I had said "ONLY" blacks were racist as opposed to the fact that I said that blacks were the MOST" racist. Might I suggest you practice your reading comprehension?

Prak will be a fan of yours. You said the only reason racism survives is because blacks are most racist. So you are essentially saying if blacks were less racist there wouldn't be racism. That is what I am commenting on. (Yes, my comment that you said only blacks are racist was incorrect. That was my bad.)

Yet you don't hear many blacks denouncing them all the same. Sharpton especially is like a black Batman waiting for the bat signal to go off so that he can be first on the scene to yet another photo opportunity. Did you know that he is banned from entry into the UK?

Prak will be a fan of yours. You said the only reason racism survives is because blacks are most racist. So you are essentially saying if blacks were less racist there wouldn't be racism. That is what I am commenting on. (Yes, my comment that you said only blacks are racist was incorrect. That was my bad.)

Prak is a cunt, that really cannot be said often enough.

This is what I actually said,

The only reason racism survives is because blacks remain the most racist and Jesse & Al make a lucrative living from racism.

Now please tell me how you deducted “there would be no racism if blacks were “LESS” racist” from what I said. LESS doesn’t equal NONE Goober!

Like I recommended, you need to practice your reading compression and maybe your logic while you’re at it, huh?

This is what I actually said,

Now please tell me how you deducted “there would be no racism if blacks were “LESS” racist” from what I said. LESS doesn’t equal NONE Goober!

Like I recommended, you need to practice your reading compression and maybe your logic while you’re at it, huh?

Ok. Your quote, "the only reason racism survives is because blacks remain the most racist." What would happen to racism if blacks weren't the most racist? Would it go away? What would change with racism if whites or Hispanics were the most racist and not blacks?

Cosby:"I'm talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit. Where were you when he was two? (clapping) Where were you when he was twelve? (clapping) Where were you when he was eighteen, and how come you don't know he had a pistol? (clapping)"

FuturamaApplause_zps9aec69aa.gif

I think that Bill Cosby's critique of black youth today pointedly sums up the problem. To the point, they are looking to the wrong role models. The black youth of America should be encouraged to aspire to achieve rather than descend into a cultural cynicism. We don't want them to become black Holden Caulfield's. Instead of rap stars, they should look at the real stars - people that have contributed something to society and performed service to our country. A good role model would be General Colin Powel, the only African-American to serve on the Joint Chiefs of Staff (and as its Chairman), and National Security Advisor and Secretary of State. Another good role model would be Michael Steele, the first African-American to be Chairman of the Republican National Committee. And how about Barack Obama, the first African-American to be elected President of the United States - not once, but twice!? It is people like these that are the ones to emulate, not those whose pants are falling down around their knees.

It isn't just black youth, I don't what kind of teenage years you had, but most young people look to the stars or sports figures to "emulate". Very few pick the type of role models you named until they are older.

The only one I have seen being filthy is you. You are disgusting.

The man is a cunt, pure and simple. Don't like it then tough. I don't like being called a rapist but you don't seem to have any problems with that, so spare me your poutrage. Anyway in a previous existence I seem to recall you saying that it was only a word, so what's your problem?

I get the point. Is it beneficial to appeal to impressionable kids to embrace lifestyle/wardrobe in ways that can only alienate them ? Worse still if you are if limited means and cannit afford multiple sets of wardrobe.
its making excuses and those excuses feed the problem of dropouts incarseration poverty etc

Yeah, the reason black people get stopped in cars while driving is because they are wearing baggy pants. Get a fucking life and while your getting try to remove your head from your ass!

The man is a cunt, pure and simple. Don't like it then tough. I don't like being called a rapist but you don't seem to have any problems with that, so spare me your poutrage. Anyway in a previous existence I seem to recall you saying that it was only a word, so what's your problem?

Fuck you tommy, you defend rapists every day so stick it up your rape defending ass, washer woman. Too bad you can't have this thread removed after you get done pissing all over it. This board isn't your personal cat box where you can come and piss and shit all day and stink up the place and then when you look like the utter damn fool you are, get daddy to take it out and throw all your ugly shit away for you and change the cat box so you can start all over again tomorrow! Sometimes you are going to have to live with your shit, and that is just the way it is washer woman. If you don't like being called a rapist then you should probably stop defending rapists because the only people defending rapists are other rapists. And you defended the rape of a 13 year old girl by a 43 year old man. So fuck you tommy and the rapist's horse you rode in on.

If Bill Cosby is indeed a serial rapist, does anyone give a fuck what he has to say? I don't. I want a full airing of those charges, and am supremely indifferent to his goddamned moralizing.

Thank you for cutting through all the bullshit and getting to the real issues here. Why are fucking rapists emulated as cultural heroes? I'm sure tommy will be along soon to defend Cosby's actions. I'm sure all 13 women were asking for it and I bet none of them were virgins either, so we already know who raped whom!

Send him a letter and tell him you would like to debate him, on his comments.
Just tell him that you're a Black; er: African American man.
What's the worse that could happen?
Don't be sceered. :)

That has to be the dumbest idea...That is like some racist hillybilly sending a letter to deate Obama in a forest.

The old “victimhood” thing again. Fact is way too many black Americans struggle to be free of poverty and jail because their race has too many icons like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and other race baiters like them offering excuses for the race in general by keeping them convinced that because of their skin color they’re automatically ”victims” of every other race on the planet.

Nearly every race and culture that found itself in America suffered discrimination but managed to quickly overcome it by proving they were the equals of every other race and or culture through self-determination, individual ambition and embracing personal responsibility. They didn’t accept the “victim” label. They went out and proved otherwise.

Too many black Americans still struggle with inequality because they enjoy victimhood. It’s an easy excuse so they even dress the unequal part to hang on to being excused for because they’re a victim. They have never overcome slavery because they enjoy the excuse of being enslaved/victimized.

Fact is your so-called "fact" is nothing but your own stupid opinion. You have no evidence whatsoever for any of this bullshit! None! if you were any more full of shit you would have to spend your days writing on the john!

Back