Taxes were cut, where are the jobs?

And while we are on the topic... there is essentially no tax other than income tax, that hasn't increased since Obama took office. We are, on average, paying higher sales tax, higher gas tax, higher property tax, state and local taxes, corporate tax... on and on. We are also paying more for gas, groceries, and everything else. You could say, since the Bush Tax Cuts, we've had an enormous tax increase. .....And guess what's coming down the pike from these people?

this is yet another example of why onceler thinks others can't read. fact is, onceler can't communicate effectively.

you said: bush himself said his tax cuts would create jobs; (NOTE you don't give an amount, you just say jobs) then you say...reality never came close what he and his admin promised (and you just said the first part of the sentence, "would create jobs"

next time, please be more clear so others can try and understand you.

I understood him. What's your problem?

LOL....so now it is "and" instead of "or"

could you be a bigger apologist hack...even obama says it is "or"

lmao

Nice hairsplitting. I'm just going by the CBO, Yurtsie. Over 3 million people are working now who likely wouldn't be if not for the stimulus.

I'm happy for those folks. Too bad you're not.

There were loads of shovel-ready stimulus jobs listed on the FedBizOpps site every single day, being bid on by hundreds of contractors - HUNDREDS. Not enough work for all the companies who needed it. There needed to be more opportunities. That's what is meant by those claiming that the stimulus wasn't big enough.

Obama: "No Such Thing as Shovel-Ready Projects"

Nice hairsplitting. I'm just going by the CBO, Yurtsie. Over 3 million people are working now who likely wouldn't be if not for the stimulus.

you think the difference between "and" and "or" is hairsplitting? good lord. i hope you never teach english.

where did i say i am not happy for those folks? you made the claim, but we all know you won't back it up.

There were loads of shovel-ready stimulus jobs listed on the FedBizOpps site every single day, being bid on by hundreds of contractors - HUNDREDS. Not enough work for all the companies who needed it. There needed to be more opportunities. That's what is meant by those claiming that the stimulus wasn't big enough.

Don't take my word for it. Take the President's:

Note the laughter... It was FUNNY!

"likely" being the key word... There are some more than that, but they're just in other nations along with our stimulus money.

you think the difference between "and" and "or" is hairsplitting? good lord. i hope you never teach english.

where did i say i am not happy for those folks? you made the claim, but we all know you won't back it up.

Yes - it is hairsplitting. Any way you slice it, it's 3 million jobs.

You just feel a need to distract, because that's a tough fact for you. Truth is, the stimulus wasn't large enough, and was paltry compared to what the U.S. economy was losing at that time.

"likely" being the key word... There are some more than that, but they're just in other nations along with our stimulus money.

I know you'd love for the stimulus to be an abject failure, but it wasn't. You won't ever catch me arguing that it was a perfect bill, because it had many flaws - but it was timely, and needed. Your persistent focus on those flaws and willful ignorance to the successes is pretty telling.

About a third of it was tax cuts, as well.

Yes - it is hairsplitting. Any way you slice it, it's 3 million jobs.

You just feel a need to distract, because that's a tough fact for you. Truth is, the stimulus wasn't large enough, and was paltry compared to what the U.S. economy was losing at that time.

how is the difference between "and" and "or" hairsplitting? can you explain that?

i laugh at you again for being unable to back up your claim that i am not happy for them....just as i predicted btw. "but we all know you won't"

lying hack

Many years in the future, Obama will have died from old age; but at his funeral, the eulogy will contain at least once the phrase: It's Bush's fault. :palm:

how is the difference between "and" and "or" hairsplitting? can you explain that?

i laugh at you again for being unable to back up your claim that i am not happy for them....just as i predicted btw. "but we all know you won't"

lying hack

It's hairsplitting because it doesn't change the fact that we're talking about 3 million jobs. It's amazing the lengths you'll go to when losing.

If you were happy for them, you'd mention the jobs created once in awhile, if only for kicks - to counter your endless droning about what a failure the stimulus was. But you don't. One can only conclude that you're not very happy about those jobs.

It's hairsplitting because it doesn't change the fact that we're talking about 3 million jobs. It's amazing the lengths you'll go to when losing.

If you were happy for them, you'd mention the jobs created once in awhile, if only for kicks - to counter your endless droning about what a failure the stimulus was. But you don't. One can only conclude that you're not very happy about those jobs.

ok, so you can't explain how it is actual hairsplitting. and you can't back up your claim. of course i am happy for them. that doesn't mean i have to put up with your blind apologism for the stimulus not living up to it's promise, you know, the very thing you bitch about bush and his taxes for.

fact is: saying created or saved means jack shit and is unprovable.

you just love to lie about what people think and say. it is the only way you know how to debate.

ok, so you can't explain how it is actual hairsplitting. and you can't back up your claim. of course i am happy for them. that doesn't mean i have to put up with your blind apologism for the stimulus not living up to it's promise, you know, the very thing you bitch about bush and his taxes for.

fact is: saying created or saved means jack shit and is unprovable.

you just love to lie about what people think and say. it is the only way you know how to debate.

I did explain how it is hairsplitting, and I did back up my claim.

This is why it's a waste of time w/ you. You make all kinds of demands, and when people easily meet them, you just ignore them, move the goalposts, twist words, & distract.

It's such a repetitive pattern.

I know you'd love for the stimulus to be an abject failure, but it wasn't. You won't ever catch me arguing that it was a perfect bill, because it had many flaws - but it was timely, and needed. Your persistent focus on those flaws and willful ignorance to the successes is pretty telling.

About a third of it was tax cuts, as well.

Actually I'd love for it to have worked, right up to and including actually creating enough "shovel-ready" jobs that it didn't later become a joke. I'd love to have the 5.6% unemployment that it predicted would be here now instead of 15% or so of us unemployed or underemployed with so many of us just giving up even looking.

I just don't get where you don't see the comic humor in yucking it up over how it failed at a "Presidential jobs council" he called himself... It was pure genius.

Back