Taxes were cut, where are the jobs?

It would be awesome if Romney ran on eliminating the corporate tax. I would lmao. But that'll never happen. Oh well.

I don't think either party has the spine to do so. That said, explain it just like I did. See how many people would respond positively. It cannot be done by itself. It must be done with (at a minimum) a change to the capital gains tax rates (making them at ordinary income tax rates, rather than the reduced).

Whatever positive results Bush got from those cuts was wiped away & then some with the crash that happened on his watch, and largely due to his policies (or lack thereof).

I'm sure you guys thought the leaders of Enron were doing a bang-up job right up until the day the bottom fell out.

You mean those Enron leaders like Paul Krugman who was an advisor or perhaps you were referring to the Clinton SEC that missed the massive fraud occurring under his watch.

The crash did not happen because of Bush policies. Neither he nor the Dem Congress did anything in 2007 as the problems started to appear. But I know, we won't look at the fact that it is Congress that passes the laws and budgets. Bush should have been more vocal and pushed for changes to help stem what was coming (and apparent in mid 2007). No question he failed in that regard... as did the Pelosi House and Reid Senate. But I am sure you felt Pelosi and Reid did a bang up job.

Whatever positive results Bush got from those cuts was wiped away & then some with the crash that happened on his watch, and largely due to his policies (or lack thereof).

I'm sure you guys thought the leaders of Enron were doing a bang-up job right up until the day the bottom fell out.

Well no, I factored in the jobs lost for Bush just like I did for Obama. Under Bush, with the Tax Cuts, and counting all the jobs lost in the *crash*, he still created 8 million jobs. Obama has spent twice as much as the tax cuts cost, and has created 3 million net jobs... (also counting the jobs lost, just like Bush). Either way you want to look at it... WITH jobs lost or WITHOUT jobs lost, Bush still did much better with tax cuts than Obama has done with Keynesian policy.

As for Enron, as I recall, we had a trial and sent people to prison, correct? Isn't that more than has happened with Solyndra? Then STFU!

And how much they can is hotly debated. Some say a lot while others say not very much at all.

True, there is a good debate on the issue. The point Dung is that if you remove it, while simultaneously raising the cap gains rates to that of ordinary income, you end the debate. In doing so, you tax the shareholders on the gains/dividends and you hit the executives harder for their higher incomes. The tax then is where it belongs.

True, there is a good debate on the issue. The point Dung is that if you remove it, while simultaneously raising the cap gains rates to that of ordinary income, you end the debate. In doing so, you tax the shareholders on the gains/dividends and you hit the executives harder for their higher incomes. The tax then is where it belongs.

Not really. Capital gains are only taxed when realized. Corporate taxes, to the extent they fall on capital, are incurred even in the absence of the realization of a capital gain. I guess it could work to the extent that dividends would be reduced or something.

You mean those Enron leaders like Paul Krugman who was an advisor or perhaps you were referring to the Clinton SEC that missed the massive fraud occurring under his watch.

The crash did not happen because of Bush policies. Neither he nor the Dem Congress did anything in 2007 as the problems started to appear. But I know, we won't look at the fact that it is Congress that passes the laws and budgets. Bush should have been more vocal and pushed for changes to help stem what was coming (and apparent in mid 2007). No question he failed in that regard... as did the Pelosi House and Reid Senate. But I am sure you felt Pelosi and Reid did a bang up job.

For the 1st part - yeah, like those leaders. What's your point? That's a lame "they do it too."

And good golly - I never would have thunk you for a koolaid-guzzling Bush apologist. 8 years of insane fiscal irresponsibility, costly wars, and almost complete negligence to repeated warning signs...and the crash did not happen because of Bush's policies?

Nice one. What a credibility nosedive you just took....

Not really. Capital gains are only taxed when realized. Corporate taxes, to the extent they fall on capital, are incurred even in the absence of the realization of a capital gain. I guess it could work to the extent that dividends would be reduced or something.

True, but a company is not going to sit on cash that they are not going to be able to use. If they use it, it will be for growth/expansion/investment etc... If they do not see an opportunity to do so, they will kick it out in dividends (many times a special dividend).

Likewise, investors are not going to keep money in a stock that is not showing adequate growth.

created and saved

I didn't buy General Electric and shut it down this morning......how many jobs did I save, tens of thousands?.....hundreds of thousands?......I didn't to it yesterday either so I saved the same number yesterday......I don't plan on doing it tomorrow either.....

I didn't buy General Electric and shut it down this morning......how many jobs did I save, tens of thousands?.....hundreds of thousands?......I didn't to it yesterday either so I saved the same number yesterday......I don't plan on doing it tomorrow either.....

Just so you know, I love your ignorance on this. And it's nice that you abandoned your previous strategy of pretending that I was pulling #'s out of the air.

The CBO has a methodology, and they rely on reports from recipients of the stimulus money as to where it was allocated, and where it allowed those recipients to retain employees. Really, if you're going to try to discuss this, you should read up on that. If you want to discredit the CBO, that's fine - but you'll really need to do better than what you wrote above.

True, but a company is not going to sit on cash that they are not going to be able to use. If they use it, it will be for growth/expansion/investment etc... If they do not see an opportunity to do so, they will kick it out in dividends (many times a special dividend).

Likewise, investors are not going to keep money in a stock that is not showing adequate growth.

Right now corporations are sitting on $1.7+ T.

For the 1st part - yeah, like those leaders. What's your point? That's a lame "they do it too."

And good golly - I never would have thunk you for a koolaid-guzzling Bush apologist. 8 years of insane fiscal irresponsibility, costly wars, and almost complete negligence to repeated warning signs...and the crash did not happen because of Bush's policies?

Nice one. What a credibility nosedive you just took....

Best Oncelor post.

I believe that today this is a faulty premise.

Back