Texas urges residents to cut power usage as prices surge

I continue to be amazed at your hatred of anything left of far right, Terry. A Republican state with a Republican governor and a Republican state senate yet you blame the Democrats for everything wrong with Texas. LOL

When it comes to energy and the grid I want what works at the best price. Solar and wind are total losers, and a smart grid is unachievable right now. Europe is proving all of that right now.

The C40 is insane.

For example, by 2030, the C40 calls for:

Ending almost all consumption of meat and dairy in favor of a plant based diet, eliminating all food waste, limiting clothing to three items purchased per year...

https://www.c40knowledgehub.org/s/a...n-consumption-in-a-1-5-C-world?language=en_US

I wonder... would these morons consider a pair of socks one clothing item or two...?

When you read their stuff, these people are truly insane.

So, should I take what they say seriously as something I'd want to do? Do you want to live the way they're saying you ought to?

Wind power in Texas, as I've already pointed out, was the folly of T. Boone Pickens a billionaire who then bailed on it leaving Texas stuck with his mistake. C40 city governments and leaders are insane, and accepting of a radical, hard, Leftist set of ideas that absolutely and totally suck harder than a black hole.

When it comes to energy and the grid I want what works at the best price. Solar and wind are total losers, and a smart grid is unachievable right now. Europe is proving all of that right now.

The C40 is insane.

Ending almost all consumption of meat and dairy in favor of a plant based diet, eliminating all food waste, limiting clothing to three items purchased per year...

https://www.c40knowledgehub.org/s/a...n-consumption-in-a-1-5-C-world?language=en_US

I wonder... would these morons consider a pair of socks one clothing item or two...?

So, should I take what they say seriously as something I'd want to do? Do you want to live the way they're saying you ought to?

Wind power in Texas, as I've already pointed out, was the folly of T. Boone Pickens a billionaire who then bailed on it leaving Texas stuck with his mistake. C40 city governments and leaders are insane, and accepting of a radical, hard, Leftist set of ideas that absolutely and totally suck harder than a black hole.
Only a fucking moron thinks any Texan wants to sit in the dark either sweating or freezing their ass off.

You're free to rant about whatever you like, Terry, but the fact you blame everyone left of your ideology for Texas problems under a Republican government is ludicrous and, frankly, radical right. A major shift for you over the past year. Most older people are relatively stable in terms of their ideology. Seeing one shift from Right moderate to Alt Right in less than two years is interesting. It makes me wonder about the causative factors such as disease, divorce, or other life-changing events.

The C40 is insane.

Thank you for bring up the C40 campaign and exposing these tyrants for what they are.

Only a fucking moron thinks any Texan wants to sit in the dark either sweating or freezing their ass off.

You're free to rant about whatever you like, Terry, but the fact you blame everyone left of your ideology for Texas problems under a Republican government is ludicrous and, frankly, radical right. A major shift for you over the past year. Most older people are relatively stable in terms of their ideology. Seeing one shift from Right moderate to Alt Right in less than two years is interesting. It makes me wonder about the causative factors such as disease, divorce, or other life-changing events.

He's not talking about Texans, disease, divorce, or a 'shift', Sock. Don't try to pivot. That's a fallacy.

My core argument to the point of this thread is Texas is not 100% a Republican state, far from it.

As for Democrats making decisions on energy and the grid: Now that they are on the Left, everything they want done in regards to both will fuck Americans royally. Energy will become so expensive most Americans can't afford enough to meet their basic needs. The grid will become unstable, and fixing all of that will be so costly it can't be done.

Even the C40 environmental front's stated objectives are insane. They come from the same radical Leftist sources wanting all sorts of absolutely crazy shit.

Who is arguing it is 100% a republican State? Seems like you are stuffing a strawman here.

What i am arguing is that Texas is one of the States where republicans control as close to ALL the major levers of decision making and power, that impact them State wide.

Do you disagree? If you do, what levers of power do Dem's hold where they can dictate State policy or choices?

All of this is directed at the end point that when there are issues with Texas' State decisions on the Grid and regulation and infrastructure (such as after major failures) you conservatards immediate start blaming Democrats and the left for the problems in Texas. When the left has almost zero say, zero power, and zero control over the State wide decisions made.

So if in FACT, despite have no ACTUAL power, the left still is able to dictate and impose their desires in Texas, then we MUST admit the left has near God like hidden powers.

Would you disagree with this hypothetical?

- GOP POTUS, every State goes 100% GOP, Governors and down the line. Citizens overwhelmingly give GOP super majorities at every level. And yet, YET, if anything failed based on decisions that the GOP made you guys would all blame the left.

If the Texas GOP decisions are not responsible for the Texas grid decisions and choices and the left has secret control that is a damning indictment of the weakness of the Right.

When corporations run energy companies for profit, they will spend as little on new technology and maintenance as possible. That gives them more profit and execs bigger bonuses. So if an unusual weather pattern comes along, they will not be prepared. Texas has trouble keeping its grid working. It is part of the system. It will not change.

Then why do you think that?

Wind and solar are losers. If Texas had more natural gas plants they'd be far better off. Those could easily be winterized now that the state knows that's a necessity in rare cases.

I continue to be amazed at your hatred of anything left of far right, Terry. A Republican state with a Republican governor and a Republican state senate yet you blame the Democrats for everything wrong with Texas. LOL

You're wrong. I think the far Right is as insane as the Left. The difference is they don't get together into big groups and force their stupid shit on everyone else like the radical Left does. That means I can pretty much ignore and laugh at sovereign citizens, individualist anarchists (yes, there are different types), and other similar sorts.

Not so with the radical Left. They expect you to accept and obey their ideas and edicts 100% or it's off to the gulag with you. So, when Leftists who are running big cities get together like the C40 does, and put out ideas like these:

You WILL:

Become a vegan
Wear the same clothes every day
Not own a car
Live in a small studio apartment in a high-rise building
Walk or bicycle everywhere when not using public transportation
Compost and recycle everything

etc., etc., etc...

I take their insanity seriously because THEY are in a position to be able to FORCE you to do it.

They won't make the world a better place to live. They will ruin your life. Of course, THEY are exempt from all of this themselves being too important to be forced to do what they demand you do.

On the other hand, you are a willing and obedient trog so maybe you really do want to do all of that insane shit...

You're wrong. I think the far Right is as insane as the Left. The difference is they don't get together into big groups and force their stupid shit on everyone else like the radical Left does. That means I can pretty much ignore and laugh at sovereign citizens, individualist anarchists (yes, there are different types), and other similar sorts.

Not so with the radical Left. They expect you to accept and obey their ideas and edicts 100% or it's off to the gulag with you. So, when Leftists who are running big cities get together like the C40 does, and put out ideas like these:

You WILL:

Become a vegan
Not own a car

etc., etc., etc...

I take their insanity seriously because THEY are in a position to be able to FORCE you to do it.

They won't make the world a better place to live. They will ruin your life. Of course, THEY are exempt from all of this themselves being too important to be forced to do what they demand you do.

On the other hand, you are a willing and obedient trog so maybe you really do want to do all of that insane shit...
^^^
Claims to not be far right then goes on an anti-left rant.

The fact you frequently label me as a radical far lefty is proof of how far off center you have moved, Terry. The fact you see the "radical left" as a greater threat than Trumpism, white supremacy and the desire to overthrow our government by fraud or violence is another factor.

I've never been asked nor expect to forced to do anything of these things:
You WILL:

Become a vegan
Not own a car

etc., etc., etc...

Your rant is false.

^^^
Claims to not be far right then goes on an anti-left rant.

The fact you frequently label me as a radical far lefty is proof of how far off center you have moved, Terry. The fact you see the "radical left" as a greater threat than Trumpism, white supremacy and the desire to overthrow our government by fraud or violence is another factor.

I've never been asked nor expect to forced to do anything of these things:
You WILL:

Become a vegan
Not own a car

etc., etc., etc...

Your rant is false.

https://www.c40.org/

I use facts, and it is true. You are both delusional and full of shit. Just because YOU never heard of the C40, doesn't mean it doesn't exist and that the people running it have real political power to effect those changes in whole or part.

https://www.c40.org/

I use facts, and it is true. You are both delusional and full of shit. Just because YOU never heard of the C40, doesn't mean it doesn't exist and that the people running it have real political power to effect those changes in whole or part.

Terry, this is just another example of why I think you are having some kind personal crisis; I don't doubt that the Houston and Austin mayors are part of C40 or that they support certain issues. What you keep dodging is the fact that Texas is a Republican state with a Republican governor and a Republican senate yet you keep claiming Texas is being run by "radical leftists".

While you can't see the incongruency there, my purpose in bringing this up is to show to others the difference between your claims and reality.

Have you considered asking the Veteran's Administration for mental health counseling. There's some good ones in Florida.

Example: https://www.va.gov/fort-lauderdale-vet-center/
We offer confidential help for Veterans, service members, and their families at no cost in a non-medical setting. Our services include counseling for needs such as depression, posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and the psychological effects of military sexual trauma (MST). We can also connect you with more support in VA and your community.

Terry, this is just another example of why I think you are having some kind personal crisis; I don't doubt that the Houston and Austin mayors are part of C40 or that they support certain issues. What you keep dodging is the fact that Texas is a Republican state with a Republican governor and a Republican senate yet you keep claiming Texas is being run by "radical leftists".

While you can't see the incongruency there, my purpose in bringing this up is to show to others the difference between your claims and reality.

Have you considered asking the Veteran's Administration for mental health counseling. There's some good ones in Florida.

Houston's and Austin's mayors since 2006:

https://www.c40.org/cities/houston/

https://www.c40.org/cities/austin/

ptif219 said:
More proof renewables can't supply all of our power. Texas gets 24% of their electricity from wind and it can't keep up when wind speeds are low

https://thepostmillennial.com/texas-...campaign=64487

Texas gave all regulation away to power companies, they are raking it in on a antiquated delivery system, its the product of crony capitalism.

Its how things work in Honduras and the Bahamas and Guatemala.

ptif argument is just stupid.

If Texas feels it needs MORE power from non renewables then they just need to build and get it.

To point at the renewables as the problem, as if simply removing the renewables would mean then there would be more power from fossil fuels, is just stupid.

if you were to suddenly remove the 25% of the power supplied by renewables that would not magically make the fossil fuels supply more. You would have to add more fossil fuels. if you need more fossil fuels then add them.

this pointing at the renewables as the problem is the same as the issue i point out to Terry above as pointing at the Left as the problem. Republi'cans' control the State. If Republi'cans' think they have identified a problem, then they CAN and SHOULD fix it. Just add more fossil in. If they are not fixing it, that is on them. NOt the left.

You're wrong. I think the far Right is as insane as the Left. The difference is they don't get together into big groups and force their stupid shit on everyone else like the radical Left does. ...

If you really believe that you are hopeless radicalized and painfully stupid.

The right has got together to :

- to ban abortion Nation wide saying it should be State by State
- they are now together in a push to make it a National ban
- they are attacking school boards and Libraries, etc across the country banning books, and dictating curriculum
- State by state they are rebuked, even by GOP state supreme courts for radical gerry mandering
- they are now attacking Corporations, Military, and others with canceling or punishment for being too 'woke'
- they are enacting laws to that impact Freedom or Speech, Freedom of association, Freedom to operate a business by ones own Terms of Service, which are getting pushed back by courts

And the list goes on.

You might like everything i say above Terry, and thus think 'GOOD', but that is the heavy hand of the right, getting to together and worse, trying to use State Tyranny to impose, their world view on others.

Awesome. How does that mean they are running the great state of Texas over Governor Abbott and the Republican Texas Senate?

Because leftist are fyucking God like and awesome.

Terry argument, like so many here is, that no matter how much top level power the right controls, if you have Dems any where in the system, they stilL RUN SHIT.

that righties are just hopeless to stop the Dems actually taking all control, no matter the power indifference.

So you can a GOP Governor, AG,, In control of all State Houses and most city governments but if you have just 1 or 2 Dem mayors, they are actually the ones in charge. THEY RUN SHIT.,

I've said it before. The Right needs to give up. Surrender and bend the knee and just ask the left to be merciful and nice to them.

If even in Texas, where you can put all your top Right choices in to the top power spots AND STILL you are being dominated by the left, you simply are outmatched.

If you really believe that you are hopeless radicalized and painfully stupid.

The right has got together to :

- to ban abortion Nation wide saying it should be State by State

Minor and for me irrelevant. It is however, a state issue not a federal one.

- they are now together in a push to make it a National ban

And the Left is pushing just as hard or harder to make it a national unlimited access from conception to minutes before birth access. So?

- they are attacking school boards and Libraries, etc across the country banning books, and dictating curriculum

So's the Left. The only difference is what books get banned, and what curriculum gets accepted.

- State by state they are rebuked, even by GOP state supreme courts for radical gerry mandering

New York and Illinois were two of the worst offenders in the last round of congressional redistricting. BOTH parties gerrymander, and it's often--not always, but often--the Democrats that are the worst.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...ats-gerrymandered-congressional-map-rcna25549
https://www.vox.com/22961590/redistricting-gerrymandering-house-2022-midterms

- they are now attacking Corporations, Military, and others with canceling or punishment for being too 'woke'

That's a problem for corporations, the military, etc. If the Left didn't push their agenda so hard on these entities, the Right wouldn't be pushing back with equal vigor.

- they are enacting laws to that impact Freedom or Speech, Freedom of association, Freedom to operate a business by ones own Terms of Service, which are getting pushed back by courts

Right back at ya! The Left does the exact same thing.

Back