The bankruptcy of atheism.

But a true atheist is just one who doesn't believe in a god. That's the meaning of the word.

Actually...that is not the meaning of the word. It is the way the word is most often used at this time.

In any case, what you quoted me saying stands.

There are people who "believe" there is a GOD.

There also are people who "believe" there are no gods.

Both of those groups are people who do "believing"...albeit in opposite directions.

Essentially they are blindly guessing one way or the other...and calling their blind guess a "belief."

Nothing wrong with that...but that is what they are doing.

Actually...that is not the meaning of the word. It is the way the word is most often used at this time.

Both of those groups are people who do "believing"...albeit in opposite directions.

Essentially they are blindly guessing one way or the other...and calling their blind guess a "belief."

Blind Faith is no faith at all!

Blind Faith is no faith at all!

The only kind of "faith" that exists when it comes to whether a "god" exists or "no gods" exist...IS BLIND.

Anyone saying "There is a GOD" or "There are no gods"...is simply sharing a BLIND GUESS.

Last edited:

Actually, the dictionary meaning of the word is: "a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods."

"a" when used as a prefix to a noun, means "without'. So atheism means "without theism" or without belief in the existence of a god or gods.

Exactly. There's zero evidence for either set of beliefs. Which makes the belief that there are no gods the one more likely to be correct.

Bonefide atheist/atheism exists in as bonefide school of thought: Buddhism or Hindu Advaita-ism.

Did ya'll know that?

Aside from that ANY so called self-proclaimed atheist is just a coffee house bohemian poet who thinks they know it.

Atheism has long ago been codified in the "Buddhist" and Hindu "Advaita" treatises.

Cool man cool ;)

Actually, the dictionary meaning of the word is: "a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods."

As I said, that is not the meaning of the word...it simply is the way it is used most often these days. That was not always the case. I doubt you could find a dictionary published prior to (let's say) 1950 that uses that. Prior to the technology age, the meaning most often used was, "Someone who asserts that no gods exist."

"a" when used as a prefix to a noun, means "without'. So atheism means "without theism" or without belief in the existence of a god or gods.

That IS NOT its etymology. In fact, if you look in an etymological dictionary, you will see that atheism came into the English language BEFORE theism...so it could NOT have derived that way.

The word comes to us from the Greek, through the French...and its actual etymology is "a" (without) + "theos" (a god) = without a god. (I needn't point out that asserting one is without a god necessitates asserting there are no gods.)

https://www.etymonline.com/word/atheist#etymonline_v_18013

Exactly. There's zero evidence for either set of beliefs. Which makes the belief that there are no gods the one more likely to be correct.

That is not logic...it is a gratuitous conclusion...based on nothing.

There is no logical way to conclude "it is more likely that there is a GOD than that there are no gods." AND...there is no logical way to conclude "it is more likely that there are no gods than that there is at least one GOD."

Both are nothing more than blind guesses (often with lipstick applied and called "beliefs.")

atheism is the only belief system that condemns its own doctrine........"thou shall not believe that its absolutely true that there is no god".......

Try reading the OP before replying. Otherwise, no one will take you seriously. Also, you might want to try refuting what was said. That's what intelligent and rational people do. For instance, is there such a thing as absolute truth? Yes or no.

you gave us nothing to read - it is a sermon - and a rather sophomoric one at that.

you gave us nothing to read - it is a sermon - and a rather sophomoric one at that.

that doesn't change the fact that it refutes every claim of atheism....that's fairly easy, and I've been doing it myself for years....it just means you didn't bother to listen to it..........

that doesn't change the fact that it refutes every claim of atheism....that's fairly easy, and I've been doing it myself for years....it just means you didn't bother to listen to it..........

he asked us to read an audio link

:rofl2:

you can beat your chest some more if you like, I'm not impressed

why does my faith need a valid argument?

I've never seen a Christian that doesn't quickly descend into hypocrisy - as you just did.

I didn't say your faith needs a valid argument.........I said you don't have one........and it is not hypocritical to say my arguments are more valid than yours.......in fact, I just proved it again........

As I've frequently said, I don't believe that there is a special element that causes fire, but I don't define myself as an anti-phlogistonist., Why not let's live in the present?

As I've frequently said, I don't believe that there is a special element that causes fire, but I don't define myself as an anti-phlogistonist., Why not let's live in the present?

you could have lived in the present by not posting on this thread.......

this guy is a moron.

Mark first debunks the notion that atheists exist, then he talks about how Atheists just need to be reborn

:rofl2:

even his summary of his sermon contradicts himself. If atheists don't actually exist, why do they need to be reborn?

I need a pasta fork to before diving into this asinine logic, but hey, I see the true believers are already beating their chests in victory. Acting like one of the great apes shouldn't be too surprising I suppose

I don't need to.......I put my lazy-boy recliner on top of the pedestal and I just sit there and look down at you.........

sure you do cool boy.

back in reality, the guy that started this thread asked us to read his audio link.

you guys are so fucking smart. beat that chest man

sure you do cool boy.

back in reality, the guy that started this thread asked us to read his audio link.

you guys are so fucking smart. beat that chest man

Don't know why there is an audio link. I pasted the URL for an article I read. Weird.

Back