The bible

Just as a note there's >500 posts on this thread. I'm not going to read the entire thread looking for what I know isn't there. Since I think you are inherently dishonest and not to be trusted I don't believe anything like this actually in the thread and since you don't care enough about the topic to simply point to the post # I'll assume I'm right and you are, as per usual, lying.

translation: I didn't read it before and its too confusing for me to read it now.......I'll give you a clue......its one of MY posts....

and since you don't care enough about the topic to simply point to the post # I'll assume I'm right and you are, as per usual, lying.

see, there's where you went wrong......its not that I don't care enough about the topic......its that I don't care enough about you.....

How many lies before Jesus gives you a free toaster?

actually, Satan is the one who handles toasting.....

the dimwitted are easily amused.....

I just think it's hilarious that the guy who writes like he's never even made it through elementary school thinks he's going to convince everyone he has a masters degree. I mean seriously dude, those of us who actually know how graduate degrees work can spot you a mile away.

Do you honestly think they allow theses to be written solely with ellipses? LOL.

It's one thing to be a liar, it's quite another to persist in the lie once you've been caught.

translation: I didn't read it before and its too confusing for me to read it now.......I'll give you a clue......its one of MY posts....

Just like you haven't read the Bible....are you lazy?

see, there's where you went wrong......its not that I don't care enough about the topic......its that I don't care enough about you.....

Cover it up as much as you like. Jesus still sees you for what you are He knows.

Do you want to know how I know there is no evidence of contemporaneous attribution of any gospel to the authors that are usually associated with it? Because the OLDEST FRAGMENT of any copy of any of the synoptic gospels is P52 papyrus at the Rylands Library which is a FRAGMENT, just 7 lines of the Gospel of John that is at best dated to 100 to 150 AD.

Also: all of the Gospels are anonymous.

And finally: the earliest trace of any association of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John still dates to about a 200AD (HERE)

Even Ignatius of Antioch and Polycarp of Smyrna writing in the EARLY SECOND CENTURY didn't refer to the gospels by the now-commonly accepted names EVEN THOUGH THEY QUOTED THE GOSPELS (!!!!!). As Ehrman notes on his page: none of the Apostolic Fathers refer to the gospels by these names up to the second half of the second century AD.

BUt of course you already knew all this because of your "Masters of Theology" from Patriot University or Mailorder Funtime University. LOL

All the non Jewish ones.

For your next degree, you might consider going to a real seminary or divinity school.

Far from turning me into a rabid atheist, the genuine scholars of religion I learn from have given me a deeper and more nuanced appreciation of the role of Judeo-Christianity in western historical, philosophical, and moral development.

You do not have to literally accept that an Aramaic speaking pleasant fisherman wrote the Gospel of John in sophisticated Hellenistic Greek to have an appreciation for the pivotal role, both good and bad, religion played in Western civilization. And you don't need to convince yourself of the historical accuracy of the Jewish prophets to appreciate the moral wisdom in the prophetic writings.

True Scotsman fallacy.
Your religion is your religion. I already know you belong to the Church of No God. Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism).

Do you want to know how I know there is no evidence of contemporaneous attribution of any gospel to the authors that are usually associated with it? Because the OLDEST FRAGMENT of any copy of any of the synoptic gospels is P52 papyrus at the Rylands Library which is a FRAGMENT, just 7 lines of the Gospel of John that is at best dated to 100 to 150 AD.

and yet those were not the first copies......the were just fragment of the oldest......and there were complete copies that had been made of the originals, and copies of copies, generation after generation....at the time the canon meetings were held pretty much EVERY church had a copy of the gospel that they had ATTRIBUTED to the authorship of John since the church was started in the first century by the contemporaries of Jesus Christ.......people who had witnessed the crucifixion........people who knew the disciples on a first name basis.......people who spoke with Paul.....spoke with Peter......heard the gospel first hand from John and Matthew and Luke and Mark......and then, in the 1930s some fuckwitted German who lost his faith decided he knew Jesus better than they did......because was going to imagine an historical Jesus he found acceptable........and you are stupid enough to believe him.......

The REALITY Guille is that either there IS at least one GOD...or there ARE no gods.

I do not know which it is. I have seen no evidence whatever than anyone else does either.

That is the REALITY.

Soooooo, would you say that people who have no evidence one way or the other might operate on faith? What say you Frankie four-putt?

You already have it. Your reality is yours. No one can take that away. Frank's reality is his. No one can take that away.
Frank just wants to force you to accept his reality.

Frank is an idiot and he wasn't talking about reality, he was trying to fling shit he's not smart enough to fling.

Soooooo, would you say that people who have no evidence one way or the other might operate on faith? What say you Frankie four-putt?

Nothing wrong with blindly guessing one way or the other. Nothing whatever. But asserting that your blind guess is "the REALITY" in an Internet discussion IS a cause for objection.

Okay?

Frank is an idiot and he wasn't talking about reality, he was trying to fling shit he's not smart enough to fling.

Eat shit, Jerkoff.

My reality is that I do not know if any gods exist or not.

The truth is that either there are no gods...or at least one god exists.

I DO NOT KNOW WHICH IS THE REALITY.

There is no shit being flung there.

True Scotsman fallacy.
Your religion is your religion. I already know you belong to the Church of No God. Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism).

And the militant atheists have called me a bible thumper. I am probably one of the few genuine agnostics here because I take flak from both extremes.

Whenever I felt the Christian traditions was being unfairly caricatured and stereotyped contrary to the historical record, I guarantee you I have done a vastly superior job of defending the Christian tradition than you ever have.

“The four New Testament Gospels were all written anonymously: Only later did Christians claim that they had been produced by apostles. None of them, however, appears to be an eyewitness report.” --> Bart Ehrman, PhD, professor of religion University of North Carolina Chapel Hill

“The author of the Gospel of Luke says that he has put together his account from earlier sources. He addresses someone named Theophilus, and never specifically identifies himself as Luke. In fact, none of the earliest manuscripts of any of the four gospels indicates who wrote them; the names Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were attached to the gospels in the 2nd century.” --> Grant Hardy, PhD, professor of religious studies, UNC Asheville

Back