The Church should respect tough questions

I like the "Testing God". The God that introduces pain and suffering to a flawed and imperfect creature and didn't give any clear instructions that everyone can understand the same way so that some will fail a mystery "test" and be cast into eternal torment forever.

It's such a great view into the souls of the believers who think that way.
The world is horrible. God didn't make it that way. He's offering a path to something better, moral instructions for a high trust society.

Mora

The world is horrible. God didn't make it that way.

Now here's an interesting aspect to God. Since God created TIME, presumably God is outside of time and space. God is ALL POWERFUL meaning that there is literally no eventuality that He cannot predict with perfect accuracy.

Which means He KNEW mankind would fail the test in the Garden. Unless in your theology God can be "surprised", which, again, seems more LIMITED for God.

If you were playing chess against God, do you think that there's even a slight chance you could win?

I like the "Testing God". The God that introduces pain and suffering to a flawed and imperfect creature and didn't give any clear instructions that everyone can understand the same way so that some will fail a mystery "test" and be cast into eternal torment forever.

It's such a great view into the souls of the believers who think that way.
You are forgetting the billions of god’s creatures that endure needless suffering that the Christians give no off ramp to. Our beloved and beautiful animals.

Creatures that know joy and compassion and love and loyalty and all other characteristics that we consider virtuous. The Bible considers them “lesser” beings. So, their torture and suffering doesn’t matter.

Now here's an interesting aspect to God. Since God created TIME, presumably God is outside of time and space. God is ALL POWERFUL meaning that there is literally no eventuality that He cannot predict with perfect accuracy.

Which means He KNEW mankind would fail the test in the Garden. Unless in your theology God can be "surprised", which, again, seems more LIMITED for God.

If you were playing chess against God, do you think that there's even a slight chance you could win?
I dont know about all that.

I just go by the moral teachings of Christ specifically.

The mythology is not as important to me. And i dont have to prove the truth of OT fables to assert that Christs morality is superior.

You are forgetting the billions of god’s creatures that endure needless suffering that the Christians give no off ramp to. Our beloved and beautiful animals.

Creatures that know joy and compassion and love and loyalty and all other characteristics that we consider virtuous. The Bible considers them “lesser” beings. So, their torture and suffering doesn’t matter.
Yes. Human religion is mostly for human thriving.

It's anthropocentric and rightfully so.

The world is horrible. God didn't make it that way. He's offering a path to something better, moral instructions for a high trust society.

Mora
Yeah, he did make it that way. In advance, no less.

Supposedly, a perfect Heaven. Until it wasn’t when a certain angel revolted.

Supposedly, a perfect earth. Until it wasn’t when someone ate from the tree of knowledge.

So, to punish man for his transgressions, he killed every fucking one of them except a handful. THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD.

Then, he thought “Ruh roh, I won’t do that again. Not the whole fucking world. I’ll just punish them individually, but only those that don’t adhere to the Jesus story.”

Yes. Human religion is mostly for human thriving.

It's anthropocentric and rightfully so.
Then, you can have your god. Just don’t call him righteous, because that’s a lie.

Humans aren’t superior to anything. They are merely passengers and tenants of the same place. Your arrogance and lack of humility (and humanity) is noted.

I dont know about all that.

Not a problem. So few "believers" actually ever think very hard about what it is that they believe in.

The mythology is not as important to me. And i dont have to prove the truth of OT fables to assert that Christs morality is superior.

Oh I definitely agree that there is a lot of good in Christ's teachings. I just don't believe in any supernatural stuff. Jesus was just a dude. One of a million itinerant apocalyptic preachers at the time, but his morality stuff was quite good.

Not a problem. So few "believers" actually ever think very hard about what it is that they believe in.

Oh I definitely agree that there is a lot of good in Christ's teachings. I just don't believe in any supernatural stuff. Jesus was just a dude. One of a million itinerant apocalyptic preachers at the time, but his morality stuff was quite good.
I told you what I believe in.

I believe in the superior Morality of christs teachings about how to treat each other.

that's the most important take away from any religion.

I think Jesus thinks stick and stones break bones, but words never hurt people.

Sure, sure, sure. Whatever you need to justify your actions. Remember what Jesus said about "not everyone who says 'Lord, Lord'..." well, presumably you've read the Bible so you know the rest of the verse.

LOL.

and death shots kill people. and you're good with that agenda, sick Nazi freak.

Sick nazi freak. Wow. Did Jesus tell you to say that?

Sure, sure, sure. Whatever you need to justify your actions. Remember what Jesus said about "not everyone who says 'Lord, Lord'..." well, presumably you've read the Bible so you know the rest of the verse.

LOL.

Sick nazi freak. Wow. Did Jesus tell you to say that?
which action am I justifying, shitknob? Jesus said call you a shitknob.

LOL. Either you are really stupid or you are really dishonest. Which is it?

"Shitknob"
"Sick Nazi Freak"
"Scientism Satanist"

that's just what you've called me THIS MORNING.

You kiss Jesus with that mouth?
Jesus is not concerned with pettiness such as yours.

let's go back to you thinking Jesus moral teachings are good.

we actually agree, but you only conditionally say you support morality.

you're two-faced, most likely.

Back