The coffee and tea thread

I certainly have and I do like those exceptional beans! Great selection!

I was at the 99 Cent Store the other day, and picked up a 2 lb. 5 & 1/2 oz can of Yuban Traditional Roast

It's been a while since I tried Yuban. But for $4.99, the taste is as good as the price- Great! It tastes much better to me than Folgers, Maxwell House, and those bland lackluster Kroger Brands.

Yuban buyers do select both Aribica and Robusta beans of high quality and blends them together for a great flavor!
Yuban, my folks use to drink that, Folgers and Maxwell House, depending what was on sale, my mother was thrifty, she had to with 8 kids .

Have you tried https://www.englishteastore.com/?

If you're looking for a wide selection in the USA, I've been told that they provide excellent products and service.

I agree 100% on the Earl Grey. It's critical that you use fresh leaves and boiling water, steeped for no more than 5 minutes in a pre-warmed ceramic teapot for best results. That goes for any tea.

Have you tried Lapsang Souchong? https://www.whittard.co.uk/tea/tea-type/black-tea/lapsang-souchong-loose-tea-MSTR338095.html

I haven't tried the site, but I will. If I don't have to drive into town to buy tea my life will improve. :D

I have tried most black teas, those are my favorites. Lapsang Souchong has a smokey flavor I enjoy, that one does well with cream if you are a cream fan.

Yuban, my folks use to drink that, Folgers and Maxwell House, depending what was on sale, my mother was thrifty, she had to with 8 kids .

Same here. Mom bought whatever was cheapest at the time. If they were running a sale, usually limit 2, we might stop by the grocery store every time we went to church when we lived in town near base. I seem to remember Maryland Club being in our cabinets a lot.

Mom is gone and dad is 90 but I’ll bet he’s got at least 10 of the large 2 lb whatever ounce cans of some kind of coffee in his coffee cabinet.

Same here. Mom bought whatever was cheapest at the time. If they were running a sale, usually limit 2, we might stop by the grocery store every time we went to church when we lived in town near base. I seem to remember Maryland Club being in our cabinets a lot.

Mom is gone and dad is 90 but I’ll bet he’s got at least 10 of the large 2 lb whatever ounce cans of some kind of coffee in his coffee cabinet.

How nice your dad is still with you. They were a great generation.

I certainly have and I do like those exceptional beans! Great selection!

I was at the 99 Cent Store the other day, and picked up a 2 lb. 5 & 1/2 oz can of Yuban Traditional Roast

It's been a while since I tried Yuban. But for $4.99, the taste is as good as the price- Great! It tastes much better to me than Folgers, Maxwell House, and those bland lackluster Kroger Brands.

Yuban buyers do select both Aribica and Robusta beans of high quality and blends them together for a great flavor!

I love Yuban. I just wish I could get it around here...

Back