The coffee and tea thread

So, I tried cowboy coffee, and it's everything cowboy cook Kent Rollins said it would be.

Delicious!

I'm on the lookout for this teapot. It's silverplate in the Art Deco style, and is probably easier to find in England.

iu
That’s a cool set! What’s the show?

As far as coffee companies, I will recommend a local chain called Cutter's Point. My wife had some shipped to her brother in San Diego, and he re-ordered it.

Yes, any pot will do. I enjoyed some this morning and it was divine. I added some Maldon salt to eliminate acidity.

I like the idea that you can make a lot of it and it will stay fresh in the fridge. Am going to try it with some ordinary grocery store sea salt, and if it works out I'll spring for the Maldon. You can get it at Wally World.

I drink between 6 and 15 cups of coffee a day depending on my activity. I drink Maxwell House or Community coffee brewed in a Mr. Coffee in the morning and throughout the day I mostly use a Keurig or a Keurig type machine. Again, in the Keurig it’s Maxwell House or Community.

I grew up with a diabetic mom so we drank unsweetened iced tea but through the years I have learned to like sweetened iced tea also. My preference for that is Lipton. On rare occasions, usually during cold weather, I drink a cup of hot tea with a dab of cream and sugar. Earl Grey is my preference for that.

Interesting thing about my coffee is that all my life I drank it black …. until 18 years ago when I quit smoking. I always had my morning coffee on the front porch with a cigarette. Even now, 18 years later, when I have a cup of black coffee I crave a cigarette. So now I always add a bit of non-dairy creamer to it.

Chock full of nuts coffee, Community coffee or 8 o'clock coffee with hazelnut creamer

When having coffee on the go Dunkin Donuts coffee as Starbucks is way to bitter for me

Back