The coffee and tea thread

That's why I prefer small, independent roasters. Corporate employees don't seem to care about their work or the company's reputation in some cases, in my experience.

I am seeing the breakdown of America everywhere, but I suppose that could be true, as I never go anywhere to get coffee but Starbucks. For awhile we had some awesome Bikini Coffee Shacks but the government went after them, they got boring, and so I stopped.

I could have said that one sign of the decline of America is that I can no longer get free naked tits attached to a female with my coffee, but I didn't.

I'm going to try it.

I do know, and this us all about coffee my former friend, is that in the DFAC's we would regularly do the field coffee by throwing the grounds onto a Cambro, dumping boiling water over it, closing it, and then we sent it out.

I never tried it, but I did wonder how tasty it could possibly be, and if the soldiers cared.

Yes, that's what I do, but several have succumbed to the rash of small business owners closing because of lockdowns/lack of employees, etc. I'm reluctant to use a mail=order supplier for a variety of reasons.

It makes a discernible difference IMO, but either type blade is OK if you replace the blades as needed, which isn't easy to do on bargain-priced grinders. That's why I usually get the roaster to grind small batches for me on demand. Storing larger amounts defeats the purpose of using freshly ground beans.

No doubt. I have dozens of vintage teapots for exactly that reason. The composition, design, and manufacturing have to be consistent, and the news ones just don't measure up.

There's a real decline in quality. The new ones craze, even though I always pre-heat before use, and the spouts are inconsistent, so the new ones tend to leak and dribble.

I'm on the lookout for this teapot. It's silverplate in the Art Deco style, and is probably easier to find in England.

iu

Back