The coffee and tea thread

Thanks for your contribution.

I have tried grinding freshly-roasted beans, but it's inconvenient for me to find a roaster whose product is available in the small batches I want for the sake of freshness. I'm also having issues with roasters who are experiencing supply shortages of my preferred blend. That's not all bad, because it forced me to try what's available, and sometimes I discover new tastes I might have missed otherwise.

Is your grinder ceramic or steel-bladed?

As to tea, I utilize loose leaf whenever time permits. I have found that using a Chatsford teapot minimizes any mess. Unfortunately, the manufacturer has moved production out of the UK and their quality has suffered as a result. I am extra-careful to preserve my English-made Chatsfords because an equivalent replacement is no longer available. I'm also found of vintage Sadler teapots, many of which will accept the Chatsford infuser.
I hate when manufacturers do that! My friend uses a Bee House teapot.
I’m sure you’ve scoured EBay, that’s where I find hard to replace things. I’ve also had luck on Etsy.

I found that if you add a pinch of large-flake sea salt and pour the brew through a coffee filter, the acidity is gone while the flavor remains.

I tried Chai for the first time a couple of years ago and to my surprise, I liked it. Now I drink some each day, although black tea is still my favorite.

A pinch of salt in coffee?? That is serious old school coffee making. It works too.

The stomach issue is one thing. But the high blood pressure is about the amount of caffeine. There is more caffeine in light and medium roasts. "The darker the bean the less caffeine" Caffeine is found in the oil of the coffee beans. The darker the bean is roasted the more of the oil that is lost.
I cut back on the amount of coffee when brewing and find blends that work for both my stomach and pressure.

I found that if you add a pinch of large-flake sea salt and pour the brew through a coffee filter, the acidity is gone while the flavor remains.

I tried Chai for the first time a couple of years ago and to my surprise, I liked it. Now I drink some each day, although black tea is still my favorite.
Thanks, I’ll have to try that.

Chai tea is delicious.

iu

I love coffee and tea, and am always exploring new ways to brew both.

Please post your favorite methods and preferred blends ITT, and please don't troll.

Dunkin' Donut Brand. Freshly ground. Sugar and Heavy Whipping Cream. It's subtle aroma and deep robust taste says: "HELLO AMERICA" (echoing a Robin Williams Movie of a similar name)

Drip from an ancient Saeco machine, almost always Starbucks dark roast, made strong, with dairy.....currently on my last day of egg nog.

Also K-Krap (Keurig)

Have french press which we almost never use.

Drip from an ancient Saeco machine, almost always Starbucks dark roast, made strong, with dairy.....currently on my last day of egg nog. Also K-Krap (Keurig) Have french press which we almost never use.

I like dark roasts myself.

Back